[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to the gym for the first time today What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1468916866713.jpg (233KB, 567x425px) Image search: [Google]
1468916866713.jpg
233KB, 567x425px
I'm going to the gym for the first time today

What should I expect?
>>
Everyone will be staring at you and laughing at your awkward attempts at lifting.
>>
No one cares about you

Even if you're lifting pathetically small weights, no one gives a shit

Just don't act like a spaz

Be courteous and wipe down equipment
>>
>>38121023

Depends on the kind of gym. If it's a modern place with insight from the street, have fun with that...

I prefer the old school basement type where they play iron maiden and have 80s german bodybuilder women on wall posters. All you need to do there is lift and noone will look down on you, they'll be happy to have a new paying member.
>>
>>38121023
To be molested
>>
>>38121075
All of this basically
>>
Lactic Acid 2moz.
>>
It's fine, start as a shitty dyel with no respect

Come 6-7 months if you're a normal human you'll have at least made a couple of friends and earned a bit of respect
>>
>>38121023
You'll be the new meat in the showers. Don't drop the soap.
>>
>>38121075
This.

A gym is a room with equipment in it where people use the equipment and lift heavy things.
Nobody gives a fuck about you and everyone is there to lift things for an hour, nothing complicated or exciting about it. Don't expect anything else.
>>
>>38121075
Pretty much this.

Just focus on your personal goals, if you wanna ask someone for some lifting advice, ask during their rest and not while they're in the middle of a set - if you do the latter you're sure to piss off anyone.
>>
Don't forget to tip the receptionist
>>
There are always some eccentric (old) men at the gym. They'll do weird exercises or wear nothing but yoga pants. Don't stare at them or they will start to talk to you.
>>
>>38121314
this. I didn't do it the first time. People have been staring at me ever since
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.