[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting, while cutting is by far the dumbest shit ever. You are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1468264106453.png (593KB, 1129x768px) Image search: [Google]
1468264106453.png
593KB, 1129x768px
Lifting, while cutting is by far the dumbest shit ever. You are weak and can't lift heavy 2. If you do lift with any intensity you get hungry as fuck. Can't believe I fell for this meme
>>
You should try lifting for strength purposes only while on a cut instead of going for high volume or intensity. I just do 5x3 with plenty of rest between sets and I've actually gained strength on my major lifts while my bodyweight drops. On top of that, because of all the pressure being placed on my muscle tissue, the caloric deficit has to be drawn predominantly from bodyfat as opposed to my lean tissue. It seems to me that lifting while cutting is the smartest possible move provided you have the appropriate weight/rep/set/rest scheme.
>>
Not lifting for a week isn't going to hurt on a cut any more than it would on a bulk right?
>>
>>38106991

That depends entirely on what your goals are, but for the most part if you're taking a week off from training and if it wasn't planned then your lack of dedication might be showing.
>>
Do 4-6 reps, if you can do 6 - up the weight increment
>>
>>38107069
does this go for heavy weight too when not cutting?
>>
>>38107095
Heavy weight, by definition, is what you can do for less than 5 reps
>>
>>38107098
should you do this every workout?
>>
>>38107120
As a novice, yes. The fact you mad this topic indicates that you fell into that category.
>>
File: 1467703729215.jpg (28KB, 554x595px) Image search: [Google]
1467703729215.jpg
28KB, 554x595px
>>38106958

Don't know these feels breh.

Try increasing your protein intake and not cutting at a harsh deficit.

I'm down 5kg and squatted 230kg x 3 the other day for a rep PR. Maintaining intensity is good.

Measure the wilks score of your lifts, if it's going down it probably means you're cutting to hard, if it's going up u dun good even if your lifts stay the same.
>>
>>38107038
I've got to go away for a week, I just don't want to lose any of the gains I've made and was wondering if not stimulating your muscles during the cut could cause your body to burn them or some shit.
>>
>>38107399

Yeah maybe a little. The point is balance. You're going to lose a little muscle no matter what the fuck you do, but if you have a specific cycle you're going through and you're making progress on your lifts, it doesn't matter because that's money in the bank for when you come back around to bulking. Just slice up and don't sperg out and try to do pushups on your time off or something in a vain attempt to maintain muscle. It sounds like your shit is all random and fucked up. You need to get a solid strength cycle going that doesn't involve pushing to failure and is consistent and repetitious so that you can push harder reps during your next bulking cycle. Again, random shit won't work. Training needs to be specific, disciplined, and progressive. You should be able to tell me exactly what you'll be doing six weeks from now, if you can't you're just a noob trying shit, which is fine. Everybody goes through that phase. I just got out of it myself.
>>
>>38107476
I've just been doing stronglifts, haven't missed any workouts besides from injuries and now this.
>>
>>38107494

Stronglifts seems like a bulk cycle to me. 5 sets? Why? How fast are they saying increase the weight? In my opinion the perception of effort should always be light to moderate. If you're struggling or missing your marks that's fucked.
>>
>>38107537
I never miss a rep, but I make sure the last one is a pain in the ass. 5lbs added per week. I'm just using it until all my lifts are up to intermediate.
>>
>>38107494

Oh plus stronglifts is saying add weight every workout or as fast as possible. Why the FUCK would you cut and do a program like this?
>>
>>38106958
Youre retarded.
What exactly is your alternative? Not lifting? Have fun losing your nonexistant gains.
>>
>>38107546

Here let me rape these kids on league and then I'll share what I do with you. I'm down 15 pounds in eight weeks but all my lifts are up and I'm never sore or struggling.
>>
>>38107547
I did it for a year long bulk and now I'm cutting using the same program, I started out skelly.
>>
>>38107674

You know what fuck it. I don't know shit. Just keep doing what you doing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.