[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you don't need a belt until you can lift 5 plate >snap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

File: P7310309-500x500.jpg (85KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
P7310309-500x500.jpg
85KB, 500x500px
>you don't need a belt until you can lift 5 plate
>snap my shit up while using correct form due to shit body proportions
>decide to get a belt against the advice of t. forumexperts
>suddenly feels like my back is made of steel
>can feel my abs working properly for the first time
>abs start getting visibly stronger
>eaiser to keep lower back locked as a result of it
>pull pr first time using it
whoever says not to get a belt whenever the FUCK you feel like it is an idiot
>>
>>38091330

You snapped your shit up because your form sucked, not because of your proportions.
>>
File: deadlift alternative.gif (494KB, 320x270px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift alternative.gif
494KB, 320x270px
If you can't brace your core properly without a belt, then using a belt is THE most retarded thing you could be doing.

>your back when you have to lift something heavy outside the gym
>>
>>38091330

t. dyel who has zero experience on lifting

you shouldn't use a belt before hitting 4plate

if you couldn't maintain proper form you should have done exercises to strengthen your weak muscles
>>
>>38091341
no my form did not suck. i was filming myself as well as had a mirror to my side to ensure my setup was flawless. my lower back was perfectly flat the whole way through.
>>
>>38091392

No it wasn't.
>>
>>38091369
the best way to strengthen the weak muscles is by performing the lift you're weak at even better a belt causes you to strengthen your abs you clueless retard.
>>
>>38091392
post vid as proof or fuck off as a liar and a charlatan.
>>
>>38091392
Post webm of squat form and we'll judge
>>
>>38091402
Yes, it was.
>>
>>38091369

A belt actually helps strengthen abdominal muscles.

The more you know.
>>
>>38091392

A flat back doesn't mean shit if you aren't bracing your core properly.
You could be holding it flat using just your lumbar erectors which would probably end up causing snap city shit.
I bet you hyperextend your neck while deadlifting too.
>>
>>38091421
i was doing deadlifts and i deleted my vids long ago
>>
>>38091392
Post it and get some real advice on your form. Nobody believes this. Its fuckin 4chan.
>>
>>38091425

Post the video of your "perfect form" and we'll be the judge. Warmup sets don't count because the only way to have perfect form on any weight is to make it part of your warmup.
>>
>unironically listening to /fit/ advice
you played yourself my man
>>
>>38091434
belt makes it easier to brace your core properly particularly your abs
>>
>>38091435
How convenient lmao
>>
>>38091435
of course you fucking did you lying little bitch.

You just want people to think you go the gym don't you? Are you gonna casually leave it where everyone can see it? Or sling it over your shoulder as you make your way to the gym? Come on, you can tell us, no one who comes here even lifts anyway.
>>
>>38091455
i delete shit from my phone everyday
>>
>>38091465
k well it doesn't take a genius to view the angle of their low back and see it's straight. i also at one point snapped a screen and drew a straight line in paint to compare. perfectly flat and straight.
>>
"you should learn to brace your abs without a belt before using a belt" is true in a sense but ive seen quite the opposite happen too many times: using a belt can teach you to brace your abs so that you can brace them without a belt, too.
>>
>>38091449

Yeah thats true but it doesn't make you better at bracing the core without a belt though.
>>
>>38091485
You went through all that trouble and then deleted the vid?

You're telling porkies my son.
>>
>>38091497
why do i care about bracing my belt without one? i don't compete and will never deadlift several hundred pounds off the ground outside of a weightroom.
>>
You can injure yourself despite having good form you fucking mongaloids.
>>
>>38091509
trouble? i've spent thousands of hours editing shit on my computer. i can do this in my sleep
>>
>>38091497
it actually does in most cases.

and if were not talking about proprioception, the belt gives your abs something to push against so they can contract harder. thus they will get a better workout and get stronger, leading to stronger abs in the long term compared to not using a belt
>>
>>38091518
fuck off OP
>>
>>38091539

You're confusing learning to brace the core at all, with a belt making your beltless bracing more effective.

If you can't brace the core without a belt, wearing a belt will not teach you to.

Yes, wearing a belt will make your abs stronger, but that isn't the issue here.
>>
>>38091564

Not OP, it's hilarious how all the DYELs come out of the woodwork and scream bad form when someone gets injured. Just shows how little most people here lift.
>>
>>38091529
That doesn't sound anywhere near as impressive as you think it does.
>>
>>38091585
How can we shout bad form when we havn't seen it?

Right now it's Schrodinger's Form, it is simultaneously good and bad.
>>
>>38091566
>You're confusing learning to brace the core at all, with a belt making your beltless bracing more effective
no, i am not. i specifically mentioned "if were not talking about proprioception" in the other sentence

a belt can definitely help with that. set correctly (not a problem with some help), you cant really brace against it incorrectly. its easier to feel what you need to do when you have the belt pressing against your abs.
>>
>>38091585

If you have good form your chance of a major injury is significantly reduced. If you have good form you'll likely have a muscle strain. If you have bad form that's when you're likely to herniate a disc.
>>
>>38091330
>>38091341
I lift with a flat back and still get pain in the low back. I feel ya OP
>>
>>38091661
are you sure youre not overextending? the slightest bit of overextension, easily invisible to the untrained eye, can make a big difference on how the lift feels
>>
>>38091330
>>38091369
i used to wear a belt and use straps because i had problems lifting anything over 225lb without them. i decided to check my ego and progress slowly without straps/belt, doing grip work after each lifting session. it took 7 months but i finally managed to do 4pl8 last week, and NOW i think im ready to start using a belt/straps.

if you start using these things too early in order to compensate for bad form, you're going to rely on them too much and one day you're going to snap your weak point in half. i seriously used to look like an angry cat when doing DL because it wasnt just my abs or my grip that was weak, i was weak all over. by taking my time and being patient i managed to get things sorted out and am at a point now where i can benefit from a belt because ive got my form dialed in.
>>
>>38091330
I started using a belt after 2plate but I only use it on 85% or higher
and yes, you got memed on
that's why i never listen to people and just try it myself
>>
>>38091330
>whoever says not to get a belt whenever the FUCK you feel like it is an idiot
This is correct.

>>38091341
This is also probably correct.
>>
>>38092946
>This is also probably correct
nope
>>
i mean, i even recorded myself lifting naked at one point just to make sure i could see with as much clarity as possible that no low back rounding occurred

low back rounding isn't even remotely difficult to correct

lifting with a belt i feel like a retard now for not using one previously. my low back feels like steel now and my core has gotten has stronger from using it
>>
>>38091415
OP would reply to this if he wasn't /charlatan/
>>
File: 1401392760446.jpg (96KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1401392760446.jpg
96KB, 396x388px
>>38093318
> post form video
> every reply contradicts each other
>>
>>38091330
Not being able to distinguish between good and garbage advice on this website is on you.
The best you can do is not taking any advice posted here at all.
>>
>>38093318
OP confirmed for charlatan
>>
vid not uploaded

OP is a faggot fuck with rounded back
>>
>>38091330
I can deadlift 4.5 plate without a belt.
The only time I've ever snapped my back up is from a goddamn foam roller, even then it was just a bad sprain.
>>
>>38091330
I actually prefer to DL without a belt.

Not a troll post, I've tried it a few times and it felt incredibly unnatural, and actually found it harder to keep form.

Meh, as long as I keep progressing without snapping my shit up I don't care. (195kg 1x5 atm).
>>
>>38097978
im the same as you
used a belt for a couple of months, could lift more weight but my work capacity seemed to go down and it just didnt feel right
dont use belt for anything atm
squatting 200 kg deadlifting 240 kg
>>
>>38091412
If you weren't a stupid fuckface you'd know that romanian and straight leg deads would have fixed your deplorably weak lower back.

Which is why you snapped your shit in the first place.
>>
>>38091412
t. another dyel who has no idea what you're talking about

You don't strengthen muscles necessary for the deadlift JUST by deadlifting. There is a reason why the deadlift is a compound lift, this means you can do individual accessory exercises to strengthen certain muscles

FYI faggots, I can tell none of you belt retards actually lift because you seem to believe abdominal strength is all you need to get good at deadlifts and maintain proper form

I'm going to do you a favor and recommend the "so you think you can deadlift" series before you actually snap your shit up
>>
Only DYEL people running brosplits think that you shouldn't use a belt.
Never ever listen to people giving you advice anonymously on a fitness imageboard.
>>
>>38091347
Is he ok?
>>
Fact: when I first started lifting I could only do standing free weight leg press with 1pl8 until I got a belt
>>
>>38098116
>You don't strengthen muscles necessary for the deadlift JUST by deadlifting.
so if you take your deadlift from 135 to 500lbs by doing deadlifts you have not actually strengthened the necessary muscles to do a deadlift? how does that work?
>>
>>38091347
I tweaked my back a couple times deadlifting and then I figured out how to valsalva. No problems since.
>>
>>38091330
only use it on working/top sets tbhfam
>>
>>38091347
Unless the belt helps you better learn to brace in all situations....
>muh functional strength strikes again
>>
>>38092160
>I admittedly had horrible form
>this is the belts fault
>>
>fuck my back on the leg press God knows why two weeks ago
>still a bit painful
>don't know if because I'm a doc I fabricated this feeling of tingliness on my foot
Just fuck my shit up
>>
You fags realize abs are like 10% of deadlift at best?

Spine erectors/low back and legs make up 90% of the strength. You people probably think you can get a 6pack from squatting.
>>
>>38100453
Word. Abs to deadlift is like legs to bench. Sure you need to use them for stability, but to think it really does anything for developing them past noob tier is spandex-leggings on head retarded.
>>
File: really sit.jpg (9KB, 182x200px) Image search: [Google]
really sit.jpg
9KB, 182x200px
>>38091330
>taking advice from a board where 1/2 of posters can't bench 2plate

I seriously hope NONE OF YOU DO THIS.
>>
>>38100473
>>38100453
so someone with weak abs could easily deadlift, say, 500lbs with no issue provided the rest of his body was strong enough?
>>
>>38100489
no
>>
>>38097758
i prefer to remain anonymous :)
>>
File: kTsFgK.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
kTsFgK.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>38091330
Hey, I found OP's video.
>>
So around what weight for squats did you guys invest in a belt? I'm at 230lbs for my 3x5 and feel like it's much too early to invest in a belt.

However I've seen dudes at my gym using a belt for 2 (two) plate deadlifts and that makes me realize I won't look as stupid as them if I invest in a belt now
>>
>>38102720
you should train with a belt on your working set. the weight doesn't matter.
>>
>>38091330
>implying you actually had correct form
>implying you're not DYEL
>implying you're not fat
>implying a belt would have helped
>implying you didn't play yourself
>>
>>38103351
i'm not insecure in any way so your gut feeling is likely terribly wrong
>>
I just pulled 4pl8 today with no pain or discomfort. Should I get a belt anyway? Was thinking of getting one before my squats get too heavy.
>>
I can deadlift heavy for reps without a belt but I can barely squat 70% of my 1RM for reps without getting sore in my back and losing tightness and balance. I use a belt whenever I PR on deadlifts or pull my max single (which is 3pl8) as of 21/7 but except for that I don't really need a belt for deadlifts. Only reason I use it is for safety desu.

How do I into proper bracing for squats?
>>
>>38097978
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-belt-and-the-deadlift
>>38103876
yes, you should. you will lift more and thus make better progress with a belt
>>
File: rogue-leather-lifting-belt-web5.jpg (148KB, 1000x736px) Image search: [Google]
rogue-leather-lifting-belt-web5.jpg
148KB, 1000x736px
does someone have the rogue ohio lifting belt?
will size m fit for 165lb 5'11" ?
>>
>>38104506
Yes, I have one 5'10" 178 lbs. Works fine for me
>>
>>38099254

Read what I posted retard

>You don't strengthen muscles necessary for the deadlift JUST by deadlifting.

A lot of the time you can have other weak muscle groups involved in the deadlift like weak quads or a weak lower back, or just plain poor control of your tailbone.

Especially once you go above a 3-4plate deadlift you need to seriously start doing accessory work to make sure all muscle groups are activated correctly. It's not just a matter of "hurr durr deadlift more or use a belt to artificially make you stronger xD"

But go ahead, continue being a retard and rounding your spine and then blaming that on a weak core instead of something more reasonable like weak hamstrings or not using the hips in the movement

Fucking wannabe powerlifters who are just 5 months into SS. To anyone who actually wants to take lifting seriously don't ever, EVER take advice from the fucking retards in this board. Just go to /plg/ or any other actual strength focused forum
>>
>>38104574
>Especially once you go above a 3-4plate deadlift you need to seriously start doing accessory work to make sure all muscle groups are activated correctly.
>use a belt to artificially make you stronger
> rounding your spine and then blaming that on a weak core instead of something more reasonable like weak hamstrings or not using the hips in the movement
thanks for the daily laugh. never change /fit/
>>
>>38104638

>dyel retard pretends to know more about poor deadlift form than actual powerlifters with 700+ lb deadlifts

Ok
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.