[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is the first time I enter this board and I made a decision.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1469730665356.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1469730665356.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
So this is the first time I enter this board and I made a decision. I want to be healthier and lose weight. The problem is that I have close to zero self esteem and I don't wanna go to a gym or run because of what they might think. Any tip for finally going out and exercise?
>>
everyone in there is self centered and dont care about you.
>>
>>38090173
At the gym, no one cares as much as you think they do. If it's really that much of a problem, just run late at night/early in the morning and buy yourself some weights
>>
Everyone is too engrossed in their own shit to stand there laughing at a fatty.

Sure, they'll see you, and they'll see that you're a slob, but people don't go to gyms to watch fat people struggling to breathe all day my friend.

One glance maybe and they'll be back on their set like it never happened. Just fucking get in there brah.
>>
If your main goal is to lose weight, the vast majority of the work is diet, not exercise.

I'm not saying don't go to the gym. But if you weigh 300 pounds you can afford to lose 50 or so by just eating less before you show up at a gym.
>>
>>38090230
I like this idea, I might try it tomorrow. Thank you.
>>38090260
I was just making a reply for this. Another thing that bothers me is eating. I know I eat semi-healthy. I know how eating healty works. But I don't know about the amounts of food do I need to consume. Knowing that, making the decision and doing it, I think I will be fine, right?
>>
caloric defecit and cardio (running, cycling) to lose weight. Also, nobody cares about you working out, we all started somewhere.
>>
>>38090281
>Another thing that bothers me is eating. I know I eat semi-healthy. I know how eating healty works. But I don't know about the amounts of food do I need to consume.
it doesn't sound like you know

read the sticky

buy a scale

myfitnesspal
>>
>>38090281
count calories, use an app like Myfitnesspal and buy a scale to weigh ur food and stuff so you know how much youre eating.
>>
>>38090173
Exercise at night, find a track or soccer field that has ambient lighting, light enough were you can see what you're soon but no one else can. Eventually when you're happy with the way you look work out in the day or hit the gym
>>
>>38090173
Go trAvelling solo retard. Cured my social anxiety. Make a thread on /trv/ beforehand. I recommend starting in Thailand cause public transport is anazring there and the country is cheap and has good medical standards
>>
Also, I really love cycling. I can do it more easily than running. Should I start cycling seriously or start running from the beginning?
>>
>>38090490
With easily I refer to the self esteem problem. It's easier for me cycling than running with people around me
>>
>>38090173
When I started running I went late at night because I didn't want people to see how much of a failure I was. I couldn't even run for 1 minute straight. It took me about 4 months to be able to run my first 5k, and 3 more to run 10k. Now I run every other day. If I could believe me you can too. BTW, everyone either at the gym or running outside is focused on their thing and do not pay attention to other people. And in general when you see a chubby person pulling his weight you feel good about them trying. Little steps bro
>>
File: fit.jpg (859KB, 1763x2034px) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
859KB, 1763x2034px
>>38090173
>The problem is that I have close to zero self esteem

You'll fit right in here then.

>and I don't wanna go to a gym or run because of what they might think. Any tip for finally going out and exercise?

Yet you'll probably still stand in line at mcdonnalds without any reservations. Protip: Nobody gives a shit what you're doing, nobody's paying attention to you, and if they are their opinion isn't going to affect your life in any way.

You have to choose between the discomfort of growing as a person, or the comfort of being miserable while doing the same thing you've always done. Also you don't have the right to never be afraid in your life, and there's plenty of shit that will make you afraid, you have to accept and deal with fear. Discipline is acting in spite of laziness, courage is acting in spite of fear.

There you go, wrap that up in a motivational poster and post it on facebook on your way to the gym.

Also get off this board if you're insecure, the crab in a bucket mentality causes shitters to post negative shitty threads designed to target people's insecurities and make them feel like shit. Manlet threads, dicklet threads, learn what you need form the sticky but don't stay here.

>>38090490
If you do stuff that you like, you'll probably carry on doing that stuff instead of quitting because you hate it.
>>
>>38090557
I love the stereotype. Thank you for the last line though.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.