/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw dad died of prostate cancer three weeks ago and i stopped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (36KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 320x240px
>tfw dad died of prostate cancer three weeks ago and i stopped lifting and spent the entire time binge drinking and smoking

how do i get the urge to lift again. i literally have no interest in lifting.
>>
>>38085433
Sorry for your loss bud, I would suggest you stop drinking and smoking first. Take it step at a time. You know the alcohol can only make the emotions and grief worse not better. It doesnt numb, it amplifies.
>>
Do what you gotta do mate. Of that is drinking and smoking, so be it. Just don't do it for too long. Dad's watching.
>>
Grieve however you want nigger.

You're allowed to. You didn't promise us anything.

Someday you'll feel better, good enough for you to lift things again.

For now do whatever you want.
>>
>>38085433
He is watching you from above. Seeing you like that hurts. Make him proud.
>>
>>38085433
go full george leeman mode
>>
>>38085433
I've never undergone grief, but I feel like the best way to get past that type of pain is to think how much it would hurt your dad to see you implode like that. He cared about you and would want you to stay healthy, so in the name of what he would want and to honor his legacy, you should quit drinking/smoking so much and hit the gym.
Sorry for the loss, though, anon. :(
>>
>>38085433

Do what would make him happy. He wouldn't want to see you like this, he'd want you to be happy.
>>
Fucking idiot. This is your dad were talking about.. he'd be livid that you're pissing yourself away. You want to find a spark? You need motivation? Well then. What would your dad think about the way you are now? I don't think he'd be pleased that you're not using your time alive as best as you can. You can do it anon. We beleive in you.
>>
>>38085433
Sorry for your loss OP, I'd do what I think would make my father proud, which is living healthy
>>
>>38085433
Shit happens, you man up and do what you gotta do, then go home and cry like a bitch.
>>
>>38085433
At least you know who your father is
>>
Am of sorry

My mom told me a couple of hours ago that dad has prostate cancer (he found out on monday). His father died of the same illness. I haven't really processed this yet. Usually takes me a bit of alchohol to process these things emotionally, right now am not feeling anything in particular. I want to call him (we are in different countries atm) but dunno what id say. i just want to help him best i can, to help keep his spirit up.
Eh, will call him after this post.

I am truly sorry, brother of another father.
>>
Actually. It isn't your dad who will have to deal with the consequences if you continue down this path. It is you who will suffer. You only Live one place your whole entire life and that is with in yourself, physically and mentally. We are sorry for your loss anon my condolences to you and your family. But as much as I want you to get healthy for your dad, i want YOU to get healthy for YOU.
>>
Wow what are all these positive posts, is this bizarro 4chan?
>>
>>38085433
Hope you get it as well
>>
>>38086016
Annnd were back on 4chan.
>>
>>38086005
Called him. He didn't wa t to talk about the cancer that much. He'll undergo some tests tomorrow and know the results next week.

Protip: get your prostate checked regularly.
>>
My next 2 sets are for you, OP.
>>
>>38085452
i lost my dad too and spent months binge drinking, it actually helped by numbing the pain but it also kept me from dealing with it, so it just festered into this shitty mountain of baggage that wound up being ten times worse when i finally tried working through it

you had your grief binge, now its time to put the bottle down and get back at it. and seriously /fit/, theres nothing wrong with going to see a therapist.
>>
>>38085433

>dad gets cancer

>I react by embellishing in cancer-causing activities

Way to honor his memory
>>
>>38085926
What did he do?
>>
You should've thought your dad anal masturbation so he wouldn't get prostate cancer in the first place.
>>
Make your dad proud anon.

Take your time to mourn then hit the gym harder then ever.
>>
>>38085433
Depression.
Call doc for a consult to psychiatry and call your insurance to check coverage.
>>
>>38086160
vanished in cambodia, hasnt been seen in weeks not even by his online clients
>>
>>38086011
/fit/ used to be like this often not even that long ago. Lately it is /b/ lite though. Glad to see /fit/ has some hope left.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.