[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>skeleton so start lifting dumbbells >on 25 pound ones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 532682345[1].jpg (63KB, 509x337px) Image search: [Google]
532682345[1].jpg
63KB, 509x337px
>skeleton so start lifting dumbbells
>on 25 pound ones right now and do like 3-4 sets of 20 reps
>can't curl or anything else with 30 pounders cause too weak, so i have to keep doing this ridiculous number of reps that makes the lifting take way longer than it should

it gets better right fit?
>>
>>38083277
For you? No. You have no direction. What are you actually trying to do.
>>
>>38083277
>can curl 25s for 20 reps
>cant curl 30s
Bullshit, you should at least be able to do 6-12 decent reps with 30s
>>
>>38083294
im trying to get bigger. i lift the weights i can and do all these reps, but i literally cannot do the 5 pound heavier ones so i have to just keep doing the one i can
>>
>>38083314
Do you have a gym membership?
>>
>>38083277

Do some chinups faggot
>>
First off, read the sticky.

You mean to tell me that you can do 20 reps with 25lbs, but can't do a single rep with 30lbs? What are you fucking retarded? Struggle through 8 reps with the 30 you pussy
>>
>>38083277
Well you fucked up by starting off with curls. Build you strength up before you become a curlbro
>>
>>38083317
does my bedroom count as a gym membership
>>
>>38083336
No op but similar situation, how would I go about getting stronger
>>
>>38083355
No.

Be realistic, nobody got big rolling around on their bedroom floor. I'm telling you now, you will not achieve the goal you have in mind with a dumbell and a bit of floor space.
>>
>>38083370
I dunno. Maybe a strength program? Fuck.
>>
>>38083370
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>38083277

Doing compounds that involve the biceps will help. Chin ups, suppinated grip barbell rows, etc.

Also if you're doing curling 25 for 20 reps, you should be able to curl 30 for 12, 35 for maybe 5-7.
>>
>>38083477
This, if you're stalling on a certain exercise, you should try progressing in other exercises that target the same muscle group.
>>
>>38083307
He has only ever trained muscular endurance, never muscular strength
>>
>>38083477
Even pronated grip hits bicep. It just hits weaker mucles in the forearm as well
>>
>>38083277
5x5 SS
min. 3000 kcals / day
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.