[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I do to improve my cardio fitness and make myself better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: no+running[1].gif (6KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
no+running[1].gif
6KB, 250x247px
What can I do to improve my cardio fitness and make myself better at running without actually having to run?
>>
>>38075074
jog
>>
why would you need to be better at running if you don't run? Why don't you run?

if you're just asking what's good cardio then literally anything that gets your heart-rate up for an extended period of time i.e biking, swimming, flailing around on the floor for 30 minutes, crossfit etc
>>
Cycling will improve your cardio endurance.
But running is more than just cardio endurance, it takes a while to build up the resilience in your shins, calves and feet, nothing can replace that I'm afraid.
>>
hill sprints
>>
Start running but start taking gear at the same time too

That's the easy way.

If you wanna run better,you gotta run no matter what

Take it slow at first,or you'll fuck your knees and get shin splints
>>
>>38075074
Literally impossible.
Running is a full body action that relies on muscle and heart efficiency. If you don't train the body to become more efficient, it won't.
>>
>>38075092
because incase I ever need to run, I hate running itself and couldn't think of anything more boring than spending half an hour doing nothing but running and aching but I'd like to be fit enough to be able to run if I need to, like atleast meet military entrance requirements levels fitness.

>>38075133
but i squat
>>
File: 1329860393623.png (10KB, 445x431px) Image search: [Google]
1329860393623.png
10KB, 445x431px
>>38075167

>waaah i dont like it but want the results

Typical fat person mentality.
>>
File: 1467640008317.jpg (428KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1467640008317.jpg
428KB, 1280x1707px
>>38075092
I've heard running ruins your knees compared to other forms of cardio like cycling/swimming(also I'd need to buy running shoes as my standard lifting converse would fuck up my running)

I'd want to be able to run though in case of emergency

How much running can I do without having to worry about long term knee effects?
>>
>>38075167
start biking or swimming then like I said any exercise where you heart-rate goes up for an extended period of time
>>
>>38075291
I've run my whole life and I know several people who have, some at their 70s. Nobody has gotten knee problems from it, couple have had some arti-whatever shit but that's genetic

If you start reasonably and progress steadily you won't have knee problems
>>
File: ao.png (728KB, 1165x1075px)
ao.png
728KB, 1165x1075px
>>38075352
Thank you for this anon, now I have no excuses left and will try running for the first time today :)

Side note, what do you guys think of Stair Steppers vs running? Running triggers the fuck out of my asthma/lung pain while Stair Steppers I feel a lot more in my legs before my lungs
>>
>>38075202
Is 10% bodyfat considered fat? Stay jealous skinny weak cardio boy.
>>
>>38075291
>cardio kills gains
>running is bad for your knees
>deadlifts are bad for your back
>curls are bad for your arms
>breathing is bad for your lungs bro

Running strengthens your knees if you progressively run longer and harder.
>>
>>38075406
Just follow a plan and don't go full retard running for 30 minutes if you have never runned before. Google C25k. It helps you built your strenght and endurance. Never heard of someone that could not follow it or finish it. You'll have no problems with your lungs.
>>
>>38075167
Seriously put on some slayer or something and start running.

It always sucks the first few weeks but it ends up getting significantly better after that especially when you combine it with weight training since you end up burning a shitton of fat.

If you train enough you could end up getting runner's high quite frequently and it's a pretty euphoric feeling
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.