[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw fell for the "don't squat bro, do leg press

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 2mrfqk4.png (95KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
2mrfqk4.png
95KB, 400x266px
>tfw fell for the "don't squat bro, do leg press and leg curls" meme
>tfw felll for the "dont flat bench bro, do incline and decline" meme
>tfw fell for the "don't deadlift bro, its too dangerous" meme
>tfw fell for the "hit your muscles 1-2 times a week, full body doesn't build aesthetics" meme

I cant believe I did all that bro-shit for 3 fucking years, made fuck all gains. Been on a full body for the last year and I've made me gains in the last 12 months than I did in my first 3 fucking years.

Fucking cunts.
>>
>>38074306
even zyzz said that you need full body routine to become aesthetic
>>
lmao what the fuck who told you all that?
>>
File: 1469142508233.jpg (6KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1469142508233.jpg
6KB, 250x187px
>>38074306
>Falling for the full body meme

You probably been working out like a little bitch if you even managed to go regularly (4-5 times a week minimum). Also you probably lacked proper nutrition. Please delete your blog faggot.
>>
the only way you're making gains with a full body routine is if you didn't know how to train before. full body makes it harder to work all the muscles in your body because your whole body is constantly fatigued which leads to suboptimal lifts after performing one "full body" lift such as a squat or deadlift. so your bench or clean winds up suffering after. or if you do them first, then the subsequent lifts suffer after. by breaking your routine up into body parts you can make sure every part of your body is maximally hit as opposed to being forced to load lesser wait from your whole body being fatigued. it really only seems like it's working when you're a noob but even then i'd wager a noob woule be better off focusing their lifts on certain body parts on certain days to maximize their lifting ability.

also if you want to look good, higher reps and lesser weight > low reps higher weight. building strength is nice and all but past a certain points it's pointless ego lifting. high comfy reps is what makes you aesthetic.
>>
>>38075462
What range would you consider higher reps? 8-12?
>>
>>38075462
Bullshit. You just don't have the workload capacity. in you. Get good faggot.
>>
r8 my routine? Will this get me anywhere or is it just a bro-split?

Monday Pull
Tuesday Cardio
Wednesday Push
Thursday Cardio
Friday Legs
Saturday Rest
Sunday Cardio
>>
>>38074322
>ironically listen to what zyzz said as guidance
You don't deserve to make it /fit/
>>
>>38075462
>telling broscience in a broscience thread
>>
>>38077197
Why not do the typical PPLPPLR?
>>
>>38074384

Full body is literally the best thing for overall muscle development. Your muscles only have an increased rate of protein synthesis for 36-48 hours after a workout. Full body 3-4 times per week is the best for building overall size and aesthetics you fucking DYEL.
>>
>>38075462

>based retardbro

I bet you're the same kind of person who would says to do 3x8 instead of 5x5.
>>
>>38077212
>you should listen to this fat guy in wichita falls, texas who makes people drink a gallon of milk a day and squat for 5 reps instead
>>
>>38077352
natty
>>
>>38077416

>has never read Starting Strength or Practical Programming

You shouldn't talk about something you know nothing about.
>>
>>38077352
I need to work on cardio (milfag) and I'm cutting, not really sure. PPL keeps it from being boring.
>>
>>38077459

Here's something instead. Each day you go to the gym, choose two leg/lower body/posterior chain exercises, two pressing movements, and two pulling movements. Do those and leave. You'll be better off.
>>
>>38077197
try this with cardio on rest days
week 1
Push
Pull
Rest
Legs
Rest
Push Pull

Week 2
Rest
Legs
Rest
Push
Pull
Rest
Legs

It basically provides more frequency while still preventing overtraining
>>
>>38077451
I have read/done the program and it's shit.
>>
>>38077622

>Lying on the internet

For what purpose, anon?
>>
>>38077490
Have to do cardio atleast 3 days a week.It's a must

>>38077478
So what I made up is
Day A;
Squats // lunges // deadlifts // lat pulldown // bench press // OHP

Day B;
Leg press // Deadlifts // Hammer curls // Cable Row // Tricep Pushdown // Lat Raises

Day C;
Squats // Lunges // Cable Row // Curls // Bench Press // OHP

The big lifts are usually 1xwarmup then 3x5. The smaller things are 4 sets of 8-12.
Am I hitting everything or am I retarded? I've been doing the PPL thing for about 2 months and getting noob gains but I'm cutting at large deficit so it's hard to tell and my lifts hardly go up, all I'm worried about is cutting body fat.

Is SS a meme?
>>
>>38077889

SS isn't a meme.

It looks fine, but keep in mind you can change it up literally any time to keep it varied.
>>
>>38077917
>>38077889

I would also do more than one warmup set. Probably 2-3.
>>
>>38075462
check out this mememaster
>>
File: 1467842434680.jpg (93KB, 640x620px) Image search: [Google]
1467842434680.jpg
93KB, 640x620px
>>38077931
2-3 warmup sets, you must be new, I know it doesn't take much to warmup to 1 plate, but you should get in atleast 20mins of warmup sets for big compounds.
>>38077889
Awful, get a real program, you're not a world competitor or proven world class coach. Why would you deadlift twice a week and have them on corresponding days, after other lifts. Like how hard is it to google 5/3/1 - 5x5 - SS - Texas -Sheiko - literally anything. You're not a special snowflake aka master of routines, Christ people are retarded.
>>
>>38078008

>Implying I don't warm up with your 1rms

I didn't say for me, I said for him you autistic faggot. Maybe if you read anything else in this thread you would understand the conversation happening.
>>
>>38078035
Why would I take the time to read a shit conversation between two autists who've been working out for a year and think they're hot shit cause they got 2/3/4 weighing in at like 200 lbs. Its easier to address the garbage in quick single post without reading the rest. I mean I don't even understand why there are questions, buy a book, or fucking good a routine and everything will be answered. Once you follow some cookie cutter shit and reach elite status in lifts get a real coach.

/thread
>>
>>38078080

Not everybody has the same goals you turbo autist. If you bothered to not be short sighted and so easily infuriated by your hot-pocket fueled rage, you would read what he's trying to do, and after.

And for that matter, those lifts you mentioned are all still warmups to me.
>>
>>38078112

Wow dude, failing to know the 1/2/3/4 meme, and then go off on some PC rambling because of hurt feelings. Go back to raddit and circlej3rk over your own "sweet proven selfmade routines" where everybody is making gains.

this shit site thinks this is spam because of the PC police, good thing i wont have to write more trash when Trump is president and I can do whatever I want and not care about nu-male feelings.
>>
>>38077441
weakling
>>
>>38078080
>/thread on your own post
Please kill yourself you fag
>>
>>38077441
Lmao 6 day ppl is one of the best lifting schedules for a natty out there, dyel
>>
>>38078216
mad cause wilks doesn't even start in 3 or 4
>>
>>38074306
All the bioscience, all the shit in magazines are geared towards guys on steroids were it doesn't matter what you do just do sets of 10 on everything and get huge and strong.
>>
>>38078257
Delete this
>>
>>38078263
No thanks dad
>>
>>38078257
>Tfw 299.89 wilks
>>
>>38078157

Lol.

He lacks basic reading comprehension.

His maxes are still my warm-ups.

My wilks begins with a 4.
>>
>>38078385
I'm sure it does buddy, why are you trying so hard to prove yourself to anomalously to complete strangers.
>>
>>38078403

Because it's fun to shitpost on my phone in between bites of food.

Why are you so eager to be a colossal autistic faggot on an anonymous anime image board?
>>
>>38078434
I just copy and pasted your the one defending your honor on 4chan lol. I mean half the thread now is you talking about how great you are. I'm just trying to help nu-males learn to use google.
>>
>>38078449

>2 posts
>Half the thread

Lmao nice math skills Sean. Can you even use Google or are you too busy drinking?
>>
>>38078491
You still here? I'm off to gym to warmup with your maxes.
>>
>>38078503

I already had my workout today. Last workout before my meet on Sunday. Just a couple of bench and squat doubles at 70% of my max. AKA your max.
>>
File: Fuck.jpg (51KB, 492x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.jpg
51KB, 492x800px
>>38078080
>threading your own post
haha faggot
>>
>>38074306
Bill Starr preferred incline over flat bench for the big 3. Seems like decline isn't too popular though.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.