[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/. Can one really benefit from only sound deadlifts,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 4L_sFIEnHXc.jpg (74KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
4L_sFIEnHXc.jpg
74KB, 500x469px
Hey /fit/. Can one really benefit from only sound deadlifts, front squats, pull-ups, and dips?
>>
>Is doing some workouts better than doing none?
>>
>>38072946
>Is it good?
Absolutely yes
>Is it optimal?
Not really

/thread
>>
File: 1358818410482.jpg (27KB, 324x352px) Image search: [Google]
1358818410482.jpg
27KB, 324x352px
>>38072946
Little exercise is better than none.

You guys are going to scream at me since I'm posting reddit stuff but take a look at this https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2lkxuf/been_doing_nothing_but_chinspull_ups_for_years/

Guy did nothing but chin ups and pull ups and got fit. Imagine if he added squats, deadlifts, bench pressing, overhead pressing and a few isolation exercises?
>>
>>38072946
I don't understand, you recorded the sound of someone deadlifting and listen to it instead of working out?
>>
>>38072946
Mix in overhead pressing and you're golden.
>>
this seems like an appropiate thread to ask this:

i went to the gym for the first time in my life.
went with the workout in the sticky

the problem is there is no place for me to do deadlifts and i tried doing dips but couldnt even do 1.

so i ended up doing squats 0.5pl8 and benchpress 0.5pl8 for an hour and a half.

didnt kniw what else to do.

what do i do fit?
>>
>>38073565
>take bar from any rack or bench
>put it on the ground anywhere
>deadlift
>>
I remember my dad had the book this picture was in when I was a kid. This particular picture scared me because this guy looks so ridiculous that I was put off deadlifts for several years when I started lifting in highschool.
>>
File: 172.jpg (91KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
172.jpg
91KB, 554x439px
>>38073582
This
I'm a social autist who hates making eye contact but i still managed to just take it from the rack and set it on the floor, no one cares
>>
>>38072946
Yes. But do OHP, cleans and push-ups too.
>>
>>38073565

You shouldn't be going to a gym that doesn't have a specific place to Deadlift.

Or just do what >>38073582 says
>>
>>38072946
>Hey /fit/. Can one really benefit from only sound deadlifts, front squats, pull-ups, and dips?

this is basically crossfit. so no
>>
>>38072946
you dont really need front squats if you already do heavy deadlifts, just do back squats, deadlift ohp dips and chinups
>>
>>38072946
Replace frontsquats with snatch Grip Rack pulls
>>
>>38072946
I was at my doctor this week and he told me to stop lifting heavy weights from a vertical position (standing or sitting) like overhead press, squats, deadlifts and so on, because of possible damages to the intervertebral discs, which would occur due to contraction.

He also told me I head a 'rounded back' (not sure if this correct english term) which means the angles on which the discs are pressured are sharper and thus the damages more likely.

What I took away from this is to strengthen back musculature by using machines.

He also told me to be wary of supplements, because some contain anabolics and pre-hormons.

Is his analysis correct?
>>
if you really want a good "only do" routine do starr's big 3 which is a squat, bench press and power clean except instead of bench it should be overhead press as he later clarified it was only omitted due to bro science at the time.

squat, power clean and ohp will make you jacked and explosive in no time or your money back guaranteed.
>>
>>38074110
>you don't need an anterior dominant leg exercise (knee extension) if you already do a posterior dominant leg exercise (hip extension), just do two posterior dominant exercises
>I have absolutely zero idea what I'm talking about
kys
>>
>>38074110
>you dont really need front squats if you already do heavy deadlifts, just do back squats
what the fuck are you saying
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.