[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any homegym'ers here deadlift on the 2nd floor? Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (45KB, 548x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 548x600px
Any homegym'ers here deadlift on the 2nd floor? Should I be concerned?
>>
If you live in an american cardboard house, sure
>>
>>38066101
I'm not sure if you're insulting the build of american houses or the quality of american cardboard
>>
File: 1469034221020.jpg (201KB, 609x867px) Image search: [Google]
1469034221020.jpg
201KB, 609x867px
>>38066094
Not with your baby weights
>>
Gotta know about your house construction and your deadlift weight to answer that.
>>
just think about how much weight a floor can hold with a house party full of people dancing. that's thousands of pounds pounding on the ground plus thousands more pounds of chairs, fridges, equipment, etc. just don't drop the weight, control the eccentric. also might wanna double check with an inspector.
>>
I do it.
Just don't drop the weight like a retard, do some kind of controlled lowering.
>>
>>38066307
>>38066578
I also have horse stall mats. Not like I'm putting it right on the carpet.
>>
>>38066094
I do and the beam under where i deadlift is sagging
No ragrets
>>
>>38067683
Explain more please. Is your house concrete or wood? How are you not scared of your house dying and bringing you with it.
>>
>>38066094
apartment gym dude here.
deadlift from the 11th floor

just control the descent dont be a bitch
>>
>>38067683
Like you notice that a beam on your floor is sagging where you deadlift? I was also thinking if the apartment says I can't or someone complains I can always do rack pulls
>>
>>38067537
it also helps to have a pair of 45lb bumpers. put those on first and metal plates never touch the ground

i lift off two 2" thick playground tiles combined with the bumpers it really deadens the sound and absorbs the impact
>>
>>38066116
He's just an upset yuropoor living in a 200 year old decreped, 300sqft apartment with copper water pipes.
>>
>>38068818
I have a pair of rubber 25s. What if I put them on first and then the 45s on after?
>>
>>38068891
it makes no difference then
>>
>>38068836
This
Murcan cardboard>gommie blocks
>>
>>38066094
Depends on where you live, I live on the 2nd floor of a soviet time apartment building and it's sturdy as fuck, but I still built a platform for DL-s, though, as not to ruin the floor or to make a lot of noise, I also lower the damned thing, never drop.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.