[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, I'm a 19 year old fatty (5'10 180lbs male)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: imgoingtofuckingkillmyself.jpg (3KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
imgoingtofuckingkillmyself.jpg
3KB, 125x121px
Hey /fit/, I'm a 19 year old fatty (5'10 180lbs male) and I'm going to starve myself. My parents have an exercise bike and i have some <25 pound barbells and a red rope thing from when i was like 16. I'm planning to starve myself today, use the exercise bike and watch sports, exercise, and maybe fry an egg or something.

any advice? should i not do it? (i read the sticky and i'm following more calories out than in.)
>>
>>38061751
Starving will lead to a host of psychological and physiological problems that will result in you relapsing.

Count calories and eat enough to be healthy and feel sated, while in a caloric deficit
>>
Just calorie count and eat at a reasonable caloric deficit without starving yourself. You'll relapse if you crash diet, if you calorie count and eat healthily, you'll steadily lose weight.

I was in your exact situation a few months ago and now I'm 13 kilos down.
>>
>>38061751
hope this is bait, but if not you body keeps itself alive and well like a motor, fuel in exaust out. This machine runs at your metabolic rate, so basically if you starve yourself, your body doesnt have enough time to adjust the speed of your engine and just goes into shutdown instead. You can loose wait super fast from starving but as soon as you stop youre just gonna get fat again. To actually change your metabolism you need to start good habbits like working out and eating well that over time will lead to good sustainable results
>>
Instead of starving yourself, calculate the amount of calories you need to stay your current weight. Once you have that, find subtract some for a deficit which will help you lose weight.

Just eat less and healthier. Starving yourself will be hell and you will certainly fail. Also, if you want an egg, don't fry it. Make some egg whites.
>>
the thing is, i dont buy the food, my parents do and they're fat as well. what should i be eating? i was eating eggs, turkey, swiss cheese, and i could make a hamburger or meatballs with only ground beef.
>>
>>38061877
That can be a tough one to deal with. Are your parents gonna be receptive to suggestions? If so, you can always ask them to buy healthier shit.

Lean meats and vegetables are probably your best bet. How you prepare it matters a lot too; chicken breast is healthy as fuck, until you fry it into oblivion; try to get used to cooking stuff in the oven instead of in a pan, etc.

Ultimately though, you could eat nothing but cheetos and still lose weight if you're eating at a caloric deficit. Not ideal, but still, diet composition is only part of the equation.
>>
>>38061751
Dont do it. Just eat a deficit, eat clean and workout. I'd say start by using that bike for 30 minutes every other day, and go for long walks (5k).
>>
Do you have a blender? I was a fat fuck with shitty diet who wasn't used to healthy food, and I found hitting nutrient goals through smoothies was a great way to get started without throwing myself in the deep end healthy eating wise.

You can throw in a bunch of healthy fruits you actually enjoy eating, and then just add some leafy greens for the extra health benefits; you'll barely taste them under all the sweet fruit, it'll just make everything green as fuck.

Calorie counting is your best bet, and try to pay a little attention to your macros and micros, but calories are ultimately what matters for dropping weight. MyFitnessPal is a great app for tracking this stuff, if you can tolerate the ads (they're pretty minor though).
>>
I found focusing on portions was super handy when I was first going from fat fuck to less fat fuck. You don't necessarily have to cut out the unhealthy shit, just eat LESS of it. Every time you eat out, order the size smaller than you usually would, don't go back for that second serving even if the food is really tasty, etc.

Don't be afraid to treat yourself occasionally, too. You'll go mad if you try to adhere to a diet 100%
>>
>>38061751
>I'm going to starve myself.
not sustainable
you will give up

you need to reduce your calories, yet have it be manageable
>>
>>38061751
5'10" at 180 lbs is not that fat. Exercise, count calories and work hard and it'll be gone in 3 months.
>>
>>38061991
That's 80 kilos and he should be at 70. I'd say 6 months eating healthy, running and lifting
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.