[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my front squat stronger than my highbar sqaut, but both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (38KB, 526x410px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 526x410px
Why is my front squat stronger than my highbar sqaut, but both those lift a lot weaker than my deadlift?
>>
>>38060049

Either your highbar form is terrible or there's a distinct difference in depth.
>>
they should obviously be weaker than your deadlift.

I don't know why your front squat is stronger. it shouldn't be.
>>
>>38060049
Because you are a newbie and shouldn't do front squats till you become intermediate. Stick with a beginner program and learn to lift right.
>>
>>38060074
this is a good guess. beginners usually have wildly disproportional lifts
>>
>>38060074
Only my highbar and front squat are novice. Rest are intermediate. Deadlift almost proficient.
>>
>>38060074
>Because you are a newbie and shouldn't do front squats till you become intermediate.
That's one of the worst advice I've ever saw here.
Front squat are actually better for beginner, imho you shouldn't even do backsquats until you got down the front squat form properly.
>>
>>38060106
zercher squats are probably the most noob friendly squat imo
>>
>>38060123

They're really not. If there's a single squat form just about guaranteed to result in upper and lower back rounding, its zerchers. They're good for strongmen and highland games athletes who have a lot of roundbacked movements in their sport and a very risky proposition for anything else.
>>
>>38060049

That's odd. My working weight for front squats is about 75-80% of my high bar back squat.

Squats being weaker than deadlift is natural.
>>
>>38060091
>My A is X while my B and C are Y despite my D being Z
lol no. It's not about how much you lift, it's about how you respond to linear overload.
Also you deadlift form sucks and that's why you can DL so much compared to your squat. Your upper back is rounded as fuck when you dl, and you lift everything with your lower back, not using your hamstrings because their weakness are the root of your problem. You don't have a proficient deadlift at all, nigga.
>>
>>38060123
zerker squats are fucking retarded

>>38060074
>>38060106
these are both right and wrong
you should neglect either, you should start doing both ( with no weight) frequently when you start so you can learn it properly

neglecting a lift until x is just silly, unless it's a complicated lift like the snatch or clean and jerk and either front or back squat has the same level of co-ordination or flexibilty needed
>>
>>38060187
I'm inclined to believe this too, you are probably not activating your posterior chain properly if your backsquat is lower than your front
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.