[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a well-rounded physique be accomplished from only compound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (99KB, 736x551px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 736x551px
Can a well-rounded physique be accomplished from only compound exercises? (Bench, Squat, DL, Cleans, Rows, etc.)

> no accessory work
>>
>>38057846

Yes.

Although a lot of them will have to be programmed as accessory work and it's going to be more trouble than if you're open to using isolations.
>>
>>38057846
Yes. I only do side lat raise, and get the rest of my training from compounds.

I am happy with my physique, if i could change anything it would be bigger delts and chest, and slightly smaller arms.

... And bigger glutes
>>
>>38057846
with the basic 4? no not really. the only reason you get any accessory work at all when doing the base compound lifts is usually just stability and some slight drive.

if youre going to do cleans, there really is no point. there's more efficient ways to work those muscles.
>>
>>38057897
P.s. Only do chin up, row, floor press, ohp, and hip thrust.

Also i lied.
I do calf isolations
>>
>>38057932
Why would you isolate calves?
>>
>>38057977
Because much like traps and delts, you can never have calves that are too big.
>>
>>38057918
Seems like you would lack a bit in the quads/hammies, no?
>>
>>38057932

Seems like you would lack a bit in the quads/hammies, no?
>>
>>38058027
Most people probably would.
I have big legs from doing kickboxing and shit when i was obese.
Hip thrust, kicking drills, burpees and hill sprints is enough for me to maintain that musculature.

Down to 16-17% bf and my legs still chafe on a pump, if i do a set of clean or babbyweight skwat.

Sucks because i thinks squats are the most fun lift.. I just have bottom heavy proportions
>>
>>38057846
you'll lack arms and delts if you only do those
>>
>>38058274
I disagree about the arms lagging.

Just do as many pulls as you do presses (floor pulls dont count)
>>
>>38058100

I respect your training plan mate, but at least my quads melted away when my only lower body exercise was hip thrust, where I performed 20 x 150 kg at my best.
>>
>>38057846
well-rounded? definitely
here's the master's routine
Monday
OHP 3x5
BS 3x5 atg
pullups 3x10

Wednesday
BP 3x5
FS 3x5 atg
rows 3x7 or DL 1x5

Friday
see Monday

>wah wah that's a lot of squatting
bitch please, squatting causes the largest release of HGH into your system, you do them and you learn to love them

alternatively any good oly routine will work. your back and quads will inflate

if you want to go beyond well-rounded, you should introduce some accessories to help where you're weak
>>
>>38058353
Interesting.

The absolute most i do for quads is sometimes i put my feet further out when hip thrusting to target them slightly more than glutes.

I think kicking everyday for at least 30 mins is what really does it. Even though they are pretty big, they are super weak (cant even front squat 155lb, but can power clean 175, and can "clean" 190 without squatting out of the hole) but super explosive, and with a crazy amount of muscular endurance.
>>
>>38057846
>can you get big by training muscles together instead of training them individually
yes.
>>
>>38057846
dips ohp squat deadlift and chinups.
you dont really need anything else
>>
>>38058568
basically
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.