[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long time lifters, how is your motivation doing? How do you keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: dennis-by-kyle-aldrich-2.jpg (60KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dennis-by-kyle-aldrich-2.jpg
60KB, 640x360px
Long time lifters, how is your motivation doing? How do you keep it up?

I've been lifting for 10 years now. Started with the good old SS, progressed into more advanced strength routines. Did some bodybuilding style training at one point. Then olympic lifting. Then strongman. I just kinda feel like I've done all there is to do, plus as I'm getting older I start to notice these nagging injuries that bother me (I've sought help). It sorta feels like it's just downhill from here, I was working out very diligently when I reached my best lifts and I don't really see myself hitting those numbers again. To me lifting has always been about getting better and better, overcoming myself. But the future I see before me is just a battle to lose my gains as slow as possible. And that doesn't exactly motivate me to hit the gym.
>>
At some point it becomes maintenance instead of goals.
There is nothing wrong with that. You don't need to go for big numbers. You should aim to stay in shape and keep what strength you can.

Are you going to start eating only junk food just because you don't need to lose weight? No, you'll still eat healthy and workout so you stay in shape.
>>
>>38051350
How old are you?
>>
>>38051486
>>
>>38051350
God that short movie hit me hard
>>
Don't be sad about it. You made it. Congrats. You're right about that last part though, it is about trying to maintain for as long as possible now. After ten years, though, you must have accumulated a lot of knowledge that new lifters and lots of other people would appreciate
>>
>>38051350
I would highly suggest you check out: www.gymnasticbodies.com
It was started by the US olympic gymnastics coach, and it focuses on long term strength and mobility, with an emphasis on ligament strength. If you want to stay strong without injuries for a long time, this is how to do it. Also, they have great information on how to properly recover from previous injuries.
>>
>>38051494
Have you hopped on TRT yet? If not do so as soon as possible
>>
>>38051350
Idk, I would do bodybuilding styled routine 5 or 6 times per week, so you can finish workout quickly without losing too much energy and half of your day. Just go there, do the job and then go and do other stuff. Don't think about it too much. And if at any point you want to max bench or add a new leg exercise or something you can focus on that, but your main goal is to go there, lift for like 45 mins and not become a dyel faggot.
>>
It's literally, i say that without hyperbole, the only thing that staves off suicide.

gotta do something while i'm alive.
>>
>>38051580
Not OP, but I find it hard to believe that I'd get $100-400 value from an online course. What about it do you find worth that much?
>>
I gave up on diet and look like shit but im still pretty serious about powerlifting.

When im feeling down ill drive a dozen miles to a brand new gym during peak hours and just blow everyone away.
>>
>>38051350

>discipline for when motivation fails

>>38051580
Solid advice.

Flexibility + sustainable training are what you need. Gymnastics is great
>>
File: 1467657633291.jpg (80KB, 588x718px) Image search: [Google]
1467657633291.jpg
80KB, 588x718px
>>38052034
>yfw you realize no one cares
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.