[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm working on getting to one bodyweight pullup, and am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 256px-Zoombinis_Cover.jpg (33KB, 256x332px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Zoombinis_Cover.jpg
33KB, 256x332px
I'm working on getting to one bodyweight pullup, and am using an assist machine at my gym to get to it.

What's the proper progression for improving assisted pullups? Is it the usual 3 warmups and 3 work sets, or is there some other structure I should be using?

Right now I need 140 lbs assistance (weak as fuck) but I'm losing 10 lbs assistance every 2 workouts using the above. Don't know if there's a faster way to do it.
>>
>>38040458
If it works for you, why change it?
>>
>>38040480
Checking if there's some better way.

Honestly this thread was born of me doing some bad math and calculating it would take 11 months to do one bodyweight pullup. I rechecked and it's more like 6 if I do pullups every other workout.
>>
>>38040534
11 months?? I got 1 with a few weeks of negatives. Not saying its better than the machine but lol
>>
>>38040590
Like I said, bad math.

I'm debating dropping leg raises and doing more pullups instead. That will get me down to 3 months.

Tell me about negatives. Do you do only negatives or some combination of warmups, positives, and negatives?
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>38040458
Jump on the bar, chin above it, hold that position for as long as possible, and then lower yourself as slowly as possible.
Basically a negative hold.
That's the shortest way. I mean, it's going to be hard, exhausting and painful (if you have babyskin hands). But so will be adding more pull ups as you progress.
Using assistance is just... JUST.
>>
>>38040637
>positives
What even...

There are some great high rep programs out there if you want to do more than just negatives.
>>
>>38040774
Sounds okay. What's the optimal sets/reps? Just go until I'm tired?

How are assisted pullups different from any other lift?
>>
>>38040637
I really didnt have a linear routine so Im really not the right person to ask, but what I did was negatives for a while till I could do chinups. Then I did a combination of a bunch of negative pullups and the few chin ups I could do. Then I kinda just was able to do a pullup after a bit. Shoulder dislocates and dead hangs as warmups
>>
>>38040458
Can you buy a door frame pull up bar for home? That's what I did and after like four or five weeks of negatives I could do three chins or one pull up
>>
All these replies amd no one even asked your weight. Op how fat are you? Because being fat is basically standard pull ups (which are tough for reps) plus a chain and weight strapped to you. Losing weight is the fastest way to doing pull ups
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.