[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this heart rate measurement / cardio in your right "zone/heart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: heart-rate-monitor.gif (10KB, 284x212px) Image search: [Google]
heart-rate-monitor.gif
10KB, 284x212px
is this heart rate measurement / cardio in your right "zone/heart rate" / a meme or is it legit enough to buy something to monitor it so you can adjust your cardio?
>>
A meme
>>
It's legit mate. You just gotta know what you're doing. I know plenty of athletes who use it as a tool.
>>
File: alpham-target-zone-iamalpham.jpg (61KB, 907x522px) Image search: [Google]
alpham-target-zone-iamalpham.jpg
61KB, 907x522px
>>38034277
is this chart is legit?

does it makes sense to buy a heart rate monitor?
>>
>>38034383
Pretty much dude. Follow that with a HR monitor on and you can pick/choose what results you're looking for. As for monitors, I use Garmin Forerunners bc of what I train (ultra running) and it does the trick for me. Eventually you'll learn those zones without using one. Good luck
>>
>>38034383
No, there's no hard and fast rules for heart rate. It's MUCH more vague than that. Basically, if you want to burn fat, you want to be putting a moderate amount of effort in for a long period of time, that'll allow you to comfortably do more work over time and therefore burn off more calories. If you increase the effort, it's going to be harder, so you won't be able to do it as long, meaning you'll end up burning off less calories, but you'll get the benefits of strengthening your heart and lungs a bit more than lower intensity cardio.

It's not like if you're at 69% of your max heart rate and accidently go to 70% suddenly you stop burning fat and start training endurance.

You can burn fat walking, jogging, running, or sprinting, walking takes too long though, and sprinting is to hard to do for a reasonable amount of time. That's why jogging/running (or being around 1/2 - 3/4 of your max heart rate) is best, cause it balances the effort put in and the time taken to do to burn off calories. To training endurance you need to put more effort in, make your heart work harder.

You can just go off how you feel, if you're trying to burn calories, make sure you can just about breath comfortably all the time. If you want to train endurance, go harder until it's a little more difficult to breath, and if you wanna go all out, don't stop til you're gasping for air.
>>
>>38034726
Relax bro. It's just a guide. A fairly accurate guide for someone looking to understand HR zone training. If you think it's wrong then you need to rethink what you think.
>>
>>38035083
>heart rate is the same across individuals
Yeah, no. It's wrong.
>>
>>38034726
And while I'm at it, just for the sake of discussion I disagree with what you said about going harder to train for endurance. If you want 'real' endurance you slow right down and maintain an easy pace for much longer. If you want 'speed endurance' (wanna smash an 800/1600m on track) you'd go harder but for nowhere near as long. Depends what you call endurance but pure endurance your slow right down and nail zone 1-2
>>
>>38035099
I think you'll find that most fit people have roughly the same resting heart rate as each other across the same sports. Also, as previously stated, I said it was a good guide. As in a good place to start understanding what you're doing. Not a hard and fast rule.
>>
>>38035118
I think you'll find that I'm 25, and those zones aren't even close. I have had my lactate threshold and max heartrate measured professionally. It's a very bad guide.
>>
>>38035140
Being 25 has nothing to do with anything and your shitty lactate threshold is equally as irrelevant.
OP, HR zone training is a legitimate training tool. Far, far better athletes than this guy successfully use it and if you want to try it have a go and see how you fair. Like everything in fitness, you have to find what works beat for you. If you're so unsure just go out and enjoy yourself and work hard before trying to nail down something so specific.
>>
>>38035181
Are you legitimately retarded? The fucking image gives age ranges and corresponding HR zone ranges.

Different people WILL have different zones you flabby no-cardio fat fuck.
>>
>>38035213
As a fucking guide you mongaloid! It list max HR based on age at the top and drops down accordingly based on zones. How can you not read/comprehend an easy fucking graph that's colour co-ordinated.
Bro, you're shit tier and I know from your "advice" that you're no athlete. Plz leave.
>>
>>38035246
Is your reading comprehension that bad? It is off by 20 BPM at several points for me. 20 fucking beats. Not to mention that HR zones are continuously changing as individual train.

>HUR DURRRRR IZ A GUD GUID!! HURRR
You are retarded and have been proven wrong. Since this obvious knowledge escapes you, you're probably a landwhale.
>>
>>38035274
Don't green text in an adult conversation man, you're 25 remember.
20 beats in nothing when training. Are you serious? It's literally 1 zone up/down IF you follow that graph (that I said was a guide) to the absolute letter, which you wouldn't do since its a GUIDE! Yes you can Hurr Durr me all you want but I've run both a sub 4 min mile and 100mi races. I know for a FACT that Hr zone training works. You don't have to like it man and that's fine. The question is whether it works. The answer is that it does.
>>
>>38035308
>I've run both a sub 4 min mile
Sure thing bro. I believe you. After all you use the superior Olympic™ training method of +-20 BPM doesn't matter during runs. That will surely put you in the top 0.00001% of athletes.

Also lol at implying I said anything about HR zone training not working. You're retarded, and I doubt you could run a single 12 minute mile based on your advice.
>>
>>38035334
You're 100% right. I was in that percentile. You can lol all you like. I have no reason to lie to you and I wouldnt have brought it up but you insisted I was a Land whale. I honestly don't care what you think, I know you're out of your depth, I know I've achieved more than you could dream of and to make it even more painful for you, I ran sub 4 in high school, so add some zeros to that percentage. You're the worst kind of advice giver on this board. Anytime someone comes along who knows more and actually done something you dive on them bc they can't possibly have done more than your average ass performances. You know shit, have done nothing but give advice like its gospel. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>38035379
>I ran sub 4 in high school
Hahahaha Jesus you're pathetic. Go back to /leddit/ kid where people will believe your lies.

>http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-four-minute-high-school-mile-50-years-later-1431643061
Please tell me. Which one is you? Is that you Alan?
>>
>>38035397
Implying I'm American and only Americans can run sub 4.
Dude I ran it. I'm not gonna back down from what I said because I fucking earned the right to say it. I honestly don't care whether you believe me bc it doesn't change shit.
I'm guessing it hurts so much to hear bc you're a grown man who can't break 5:30 and the fact you're giving advice as a mediocre athlete is being rubbed in your face. Either way, I don't care. I'm out. Good luck cracking the elusive "average" barrier.
>>
>>38035446
Timestamp pls Mr. Olympic Gold medaler. You humble us all.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>38034383
25 year old here
I run with a 8 lbs TITIN vest and another 8 lbs camel back. This is my average run, I try not to do cardio for more than 20 minutes.
Thing is that I am almost always on VO2 max, is there something wrong with my heart?
>Suunto is one of the best rated heart rate monitors
>I'v switched the monitor twice (bought it again)
>I once hit 197 (around 100%) bpm a couple of years ago
>>
>>38035464
>I run with a 8 lbs TITIN vest and another 8 lbs camel back
This is a really bad idea. It will mess up your knees.
>>
>>38035456
How in the fuck could I time stamp that? My medals are in boxes, my national uniforms are long gone. It barely matters to me anymore. Why do you care so much. And as i said, I don't give a fuck what you think. The ONLY reason it was mentioned is because you insisted I was a fat fuck with no idea. Humbled or not, I don't care. All I tried to do was give legit advice to someone who was asking it.
>>
>>38035487
But seriously dude I'm really poor. Could you give me $10,000 if I roll dubs? I know you've won millions in sponsorships.
>>
>>38035464
Hey man. Sorry I got sidetracked with other dude. That's really high for a short run even when weighted. 16 pounds isn't that much so blaming that is out. What happens when you slow right down? Does it improve?
>>
>>38035498
I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't want your advice. You kinda sound like a fat fuck.
>>
>>38035498
When I slow down, or start walking it goes down to maybe 165 bpm, it won't go down below 100 unless I stop moving
>>
>>38035477
I used to run with a regular weighted vest and it would hurt my knees and back. This vest took away the pain completely , but I still wear knee braces when I run just in case
>>
>>38035497
Quit running competitive track at 18 after back to back surgeries on my legs. Couldn't care less these days. And seriously, the amount of Africans running those times the big companies don't give a fuck about you until you're up there giving it to them.
>>
>>38035514
M8 is suggest speaking with someone. That's abnormally high.
>>
>>38035522
Well that's good to hear, but it's not really a matter of which weighted vest you use. Any weighted vest will mess up your knees since they haven't naturally adapted to that extra weight over time.

There's literally no training benefit to be gained.
>>
>>38033911
Crew rower here.
I use a Polar M400. Tracks my HR and split times over distance.
Best thing I ever bought. Used to have an FT1 which was a good starting point.
Has definitely improved my fitness.
>>
>>38035557
Prehaps, but I'v read it actually makes bones stronger
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324139404579017353182585052
>>
>>38035556
That's what I keep thinking, I am in the army so I have regular check ups every now and then, blood pressure is fine. Resting heart rate is fine. Just thought maybe someone here had some insight on the matter
>>
>>38035597
Wish I could offer more bro. No one on here will be able to help you like a professional. the military would sort you out. Good luck man
>>
>>38035628
Thx mate
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.