[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Fresh Sweet Potatoes have been certified by the America Heart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: sweetpotatoes-westend61.jpg (159KB, 1100x622px) Image search: [Google]
sweetpotatoes-westend61.jpg
159KB, 1100x622px
>Fresh Sweet Potatoes have been certified by the America Heart Association (AHA) to be low in saturated fat and cholesterol. The American Cancer Society, American Dietetic Association and AHA support eating sweet potatoes which are nutritious and can be helpful in the prevention of disease.

2016 and not eating sweet potatoes

explain yourself, /fit/
>>
>>38029178
Across my day, I probably eat 1.5 sweet potatoes and 1lb of broccoli.
/fit/ skips veggies like they skip leg day.
>>
but i do, just cooked 4 big ones along with a chicken in a crock pot.
>>
They suck and taste shit
>>
I fucking love sweet potatoes, what are you talking about OP?
>>
>low in fat
>implying that's good

Lmao get outta here
>>
>>38029201
/fit/ skips veggies like they skip cardio

fixd that for you
>every day is legday cmon
>>
high as fuck in carbs though
>>
why the fuk even potatoes are sweet in us?
>>
>>38029178
>low in saturated fat and cholesterol
but neither of these are responsible for cardiovascular diseases in the first place...that's trans-fats
>>
we don't have those over here,at least in my city
>>
I thought eating cholesterol was no big deal, because the body will produce less of it to balance.
>>
>>38029438
how is that a problem?
>>
File: tf.jpg (6KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
tf.jpg
6KB, 184x274px
>>38029400

>Saturated fat is good for you.
>loll get out moom XDDD
>>
>Saturated fat is good for you
>Cholesterol doesn't matter
>It's just transfat bro

Gotta get rid of all that mom science and switch to bro science soon
>>
I'm yuropean but I've always wanted to try sweet potato pie, should I make it or is it not worth the trouble?
>>
>>38030382
I don't know what the fuck this post is trying to say.

kys man
>>
>>38029178
AHA also recommends stupid sodium and fat restrictions
>>
>>38030392
Its good if you like sweet potatoes
>>
>>38029178

I'm a fucking savage. I take chickens and dip them in their dead off spring so I can bread them and bake them.
>>
>>38029178
sweet poratoes are for faggots, I eat 15 god damn raw potatoes a day, white ones, not those yellow chink ones or red skins, real amaerican white potatoes.
>>
>>38029178
>saturated fat and cholesterol
Lipid hypothesis is debunked and outdated momscience

>American Cancer Society, American Dietetic Association and AHA
Sockpuppet organizations for the agricultural, food, and pharmaceutical industries that profit from you being fat and sick by eating carbs
>>
File: mt.gif (316KB, 600x902px) Image search: [Google]
mt.gif
316KB, 600x902px
>>38031092

Ketards post the same shit and get BTFO in every single thread. Every single one.
>>
>>38031170
being a shitposting retard isn't refuting anything
>>
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2010/01/13/ajcn.2009.27725.abstract

"Meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies evaluating the association of saturated fat with cardiovascular disease"

"Conclusions: A meta-analysis of prospective epidemiologic studies showed that there is no significant evidence for concluding that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of CHD or CVD. More data are needed to elucidate whether CVD risks are likely to be influenced by the specific nutrients used to replace saturated fat."

I have to post this every time
>>
>>38031745
http://content.onlinejacc.org/article.aspx?articleid=2445321

"Saturated fats have not been consistently associated with CVD in meta-analyses of cohort studies (odds ratio [OR]: 1.07; 95% CI: 0.96 to 1.19) of higher compared with lower intakes (156). However, in most of these studies the association of high saturated fat intake largely represents replacing highly refined carbohydrates. Replacing saturated fat with highly refined carbohydrate is not associated with lower CHD risk, whereas replacing saturated fat with polyunsaturated fat reduces CHD risk (157,158)."
>>
>>38030467
Yeah for normies who probably don't drink enough water to flush the excess sodium out and would most likely have too much fat if they weren't told to limit it
>>
>>38032746
>the negative health effects of sodium are from dehydration
broscience
>>
>>38029491

All three contribute to heart disease
>>
>>38031745

>I have to post this every time

And why do you? Here's one of the many responses to the paper published in that journal

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/92/2/458.long

>The meta-analysis involves data from 16 studies that evaluate the effect of saturated fat intake on CHD incidence or mortality and from 8 studies that evaluate the effect of saturated fat intake on stroke incidence or mortality. The results for CVD include any events for either CHD or stroke. The authors state that “wherever possible, risk estimates from the most fully adjusted models were used in the estimation of the pooled [relative risks].” It is well established that saturated fat intake is associated with increased concentration of serum cholesterol (4), and that serum cholesterol concentrations are associated with CHD and CVD (5). Therefore, serum cholesterol concentrations lie on the causal chain between saturated fat intake and CHD and CVD and to adjust for serum cholesterol concentrations in a meta-analysis will obscure the effect of saturated fat intake on these health outcomes. Yet 7 of the 16 studies included in the meta-analysis of CHD events, and 4 of the 8 studies included in the meta-analysis of stroke events, were adjusted for serum cholesterol concentrations. These studies accounted for nearly half of all CHD and CVD events included in the meta-analyses (see Table 1). Adjustment for serum cholesterol concentrations will inevitably bias the estimates of effect of saturated fat intake toward the null hypothesis.

And here's a video that shows you the studies involved and how the meta-analysis gives a false impression of many of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Tx9dCbv-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wi9dzkTiU4
>>
Sweet potatoes for me are an darn good colon cleanser. I can eat a decent sized one (with organic ketchup), and literally 3.5 - 4 hrs later, here comes the bright orange "Deuce Train."

They seem to give me steady energy for that duration, but I must be near a toilet when that 180 minute mark approaches. Sweet potatoes have a nice texture and are filling, nonetheless.

>Hall Bathroom of the Mtn. King.
>>
>>38033281
No just saying that the increased salt can be flushed by drinking more water and since most people are closer to being dehydrated than hydrated limiting salt will prevent the negative effects of too much salt as they won't be able to flush it out of their system like a heathier individual would
>>
>>38033917

http://archive.boston.com/lifestyle/health/articles/2011/01/31/will_increased_water_consumption_flush_excess_sodium_from_the_body/
>>
>>38034029
Alright so that just proves me wrong on the relationship with hydration and salt but that does mean that there's a reason to restrict salt
>>
>>38033917
The process of 'flushing out salt' is what causes the initial damage, dingaling. Your understanding of physiology is on par with fat logic.
>>
File: 12039_gr2.jpg (360KB, 1328x1781px) Image search: [Google]
12039_gr2.jpg
360KB, 1328x1781px
>>38034605
>but that does mean that there's a reason to restrict salt

Organ damage from increased blood pressure isn't enough?
>>
>>38029378
Delete this
>>
>live in glorious nippon

>can walk two minutes and buy roasted whole sweet potato from street vendors for about a dollar

Why dont you live in best country anon?
>>
>>38035443

>Turbocrazy work/corporate culture
>Weak, useless herbivores
>Bitter, crazy older women by the score
>repressive culture
>Insane pop culture

There are some reasons
>>
>>38035443

J*pan is one of the most overrated countries in existance. Fortunately they will breed themselves out of existance soon.

Korea>J*pan.
>>
>>38029453
Injected with HFCS.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.