[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw the fucking doctor diagnoses you as obese because of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 57117b4f4b559.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
57117b4f4b559.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>tfw the fucking doctor diagnoses you as obese because of your BMI even though you're 14% bf

When will doctors not be dyels?
>>
>>38026485
>14%
>weigh enough to be obese
>not a fatass
you's is a fatty famalama
>>
you're not 14% you turd.
>>
>Thinking you're not a fat ass
>not posting pics

Good job....Samson
>>
Why does it matter to you OP? BMI doesn't apply to people that purposely undergo work to chain the composition of there bodies.

I doubt a doctor would classify someone who is 5'10 192 shredded as unhealthy despite the fact he has a BMI of 27.5. Technically obese but any reasonable medical professional should have a understanding of the flaws and short comings of the BMI system.
>>
>>38026485

Post a pic of yourself and BE JUDGED, ANON
>>
>>38026485
You know what you do, OP?
You go back to the doctors office to 'discuss' it with him. When he pulls out the shitty BMI chart, you take it out of his hands, you tell him it's SHIT, it's inaccurate, it's WORTHLESS, you tear it up into pieces and toss it into the trash. Then you tell him that if he wants to say you're 'obese', that he needs to send you to get a DXA scan for true body composition, because you're not going to put up with his 'BMI' chart bullshit anymore. If he refuses then you tell him you're filing a complaint against him with his employer, the AMA, and the medical board for the state you live in.

>2016:
>Applying BMI charts to non-average people
Just because someone has alphabet letters in front of their name doesn't mean they're not retarded fools.
>>
>>38026485
>14%

maybe in Hexadecimal
>>
>>38026683
Did you copy and paste that from a HAES thread on reddit/tumblr
>>
>>38026732
No, fucktard, *I* am not in the so-called 'healthy' range on fucktarded BMI charts either, because the gods-be-damned thing is created from statistical averages of average, weak people, not people like me who train their ass (literally!) off for the team sport they're in, and who has a fuckton of muscle on me and LOW bodyfat. I'm at 11% right now as per DXA scan results. Any doctor who was foolish enough to pull out a BMI chart and try to tell me I'm 'obese' would likewise get it torn up in his face, too.
>>
>>38026806
>roidrage
>>
To be obese at 5'10 you need to be 210lbs, breaking 200lbs at 5'10 without being fat is rare. Nattys look big at 180-190
>>
>>38026717
Isn't that 20%?
>>
>>38026485
Well if your BMI falls into the obese category, then you're going to be classified as obese, you fucking retard.
It's not the doctor's fault. What do you want him to do? Put your fatass as underweight?
>>
OP, don't worry about it at all.

BMI is a ridiculously flawed measure. It was basically made as an easy way to judge the weight category of the entire population, not individual cases. It is calculated by weight in KG divided by your height in meters squared. It doesn't take into account what kind of mass your weight is (lean muscle vs fat), body fat distribution (ex. around hips is healthier than around stomach) or anything like that, just objective numbers

Lots of people who have a lot of muscle turn up as overweight or obese because of how much denser muscle is than fat. But for your normal average Joe on the street, it is usually a good guide because they'll have mostly fat, or a balanced amount of muscle and fat, which makes the "test" more accurate

If you look really fit (like not some "strongfat" thing), the doctor should say "well your BMI indicates you are obese, but it is flawed because (reasons above), don't worry about it"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.