[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW hip extensors/flexers whatever the fuck are so sore when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-041.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-041.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>TFW hip extensors/flexers whatever the fuck are so sore when I squat down I literally cant squat 1pl8 without feel of them giving out

Wtf

Training for two months lads, been resting them for like 3 days. Should I just take a break from squatting? my form is literally getting fukt cus of it

Wtf do I do??? Like it literally feels like my shit is snapping but only when I squat down
>>
Help... I literally can't squat
I've been resting it for 3 days what the fuck???
>>
>>38021685
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBHzXF-mVjY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lweGAM9vBH4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTQi5kdfW0

I tore my hip flexor doing O-lifts because I didn't stretch enough and got it all fucked. Give yourself a few days rest and do some work on fixing your hips. These all helped me. Also look up something called the couch stretch. If it keeps messing up maybe go see someone about it.
>>
>>38021809
ill check those all out man.

I don't get it though, I'm only two months lifting and squatting 170 highbar and my hips are totally fucked somehow and it's screwing my form since due to it I'm now leaning forward, knees buckling, etc because of hip extensors being so weak.

Maybe I just overworked them since they don't get any work in sedentary life really?
>>
>>38021860
Do you do stretching, yoga, or anything like that on your off days? It's something people ignore and it can have negative effects on your movements. I know if I don't bother stretching for a few weeks I feel a difference in my squat and it's a bit more difficult to get below parallel. I still can, but it take a bit more effort and I feel more strain.
>>
>>38021911
Nah I don't do anything

I thought this would be more for advanced lifters not beginners like me desu...
>>
>>38021685
Angle your feet out a little more, keep your knees outward and maybe widen/shorten your stance. My gymbro had this same thing (at first I thought you were him) happening to him and once he did some adjustments he was fine.
>>
File: 1411916917319.jpg (622KB, 608x4152px) Image search: [Google]
1411916917319.jpg
622KB, 608x4152px
>>38021922
It's good to work on being flexible. You don't have to go overboard with it, but you should work on it at least once a day or twice if you want. Only takes me about 30 minutes to foam roll and do all of my stretching and be done with it. If you're sedentary besides lifting then for sure work on it a bit more, but this will help in the long run to prevent injuries.
>>
>>38021987
True

I only got a lacrosse ball desu instead of a foam roller. Ill try all this shit out

>>38021982
They are already pretty angled though. I think it's just a mobility issue in combination with overworking them

gonna take a week off and work on this shit
>>
>>38021685
Lower the weight till you can get 8 reps good form
Next workout same weight 8 reps
Repeat until you can comfortably reach out for 10 reps
When 10 is easy
Then raise the weight 5lbs on each side
Go for 8
Rinse and repeat
>>
>>38022138
But I can do it, it's just my shit is too sore at the end of the eccentric portion
>>
>>38021685
They are weak and undeveloped and they need some time to catch up. I've been sore ever since second week of SS and when i hit 70kilo my form broke down and i just had to deload. Take some days of if you have to, try going for long walks with proper activation of core and glutes, i found that to be very helpful.

And do some of those Hip flexor and hip extensor strengthening exercises. The one where you clinch a melon between your ties and the one that opens them up.
>>
Hip flexors and hip extensors are very, very different things, OP.
>>
>>38024602
what a fantastic contribution to the thread!
>>
>>38024704
Nice
>>
>>38021685
had the same problem with my hip flexors.
problem was starting to heavy with squats + shitty mobility. I tried stretching and other retarded shit but it only got worse over time. The only thing that helped was dropping squats for like a month in combination with a daily stretching routine for your hip flexor in that time.

When you start squatting again dont go full retard and warm your self up.

tl;dr
take a long break from squatting and do your stretching in the meanwhile.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.