[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on alternating cutting and bulking every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: macaulay_culkin.jp-6854.jpg (19KB, 275x230px) Image search: [Google]
macaulay_culkin.jp-6854.jpg
19KB, 275x230px
What is your opinion on alternating cutting and bulking every week / two weeks / a month aka culking.
>>
>>38017011
retarded.

clean small bulk or do longer periods, like 3months bulk followed by a cut.
>>
>>38017011
I guess if you have no willpower it "works" but it's still retarded
>>
Pointless. The hormonal regulation for putting on weight would fuck up the cut, and the cutting hormones would fuck up the bulk. You'd be half assing two things getting next to no results
>>
>>38017011
Sounds like it would fuck with your metabolism and shit... nah watta mene?
>>
Be a man and gear up then you can add mass and lose fat at the same time. Profit.
>>
Nice joke m8, I r8/8.
Srsly, made me chuckle
>>
It took my body a few weeks to get to grips with goin from 1800caloried to 4200 Having the permashits
>>
>>38017011
just cut dude its the hardest part have a "refeed day" once every 1.5 weeks and stick to it buddy.
I know it sucks but keep at it.
>>
>>38017179
>I like to pretend to know about the human body
Please enlighten be with a more detailed explanation. Don't worry, I can take any science you throw at me.
>>
>>38017310
Thing is, it's not the dieting that's hard, it's just that I'm afraid of nogainz and that my lifts are going to stall real soon.

>context: obese noob on SS, just reached lmao2pl8 1rm deadlift
>>
>>38017312
First two links here, homie
>>17018637

They don't go into exact detail, but basically the body's metabolic hormones (as well as a few others like sexual hormones) get changed up a bit in times of both weight gain and weight loss. This is to help maintain the body's working efficiency in times of deficit, and helps to partition nutrients to more necessary growth in times of surplus (e.g. helping direct nutrients towards muscle growth/recovery instead of filling up fat reserves).

As a result, hormones must normalize whenever the caloric numbers are switched in order to maintain metabolic efficiency, otherwise when you do something like switching back to a bulk immediately after a cut, your body is going to focus more on refilling fat stores than it is building muscle since it's been conditioned to operate in a period of deficit.

I don't know the specifics, and would like to learn more when I get some more free time, but that's my understanding. It could be total broscience, but the links in that sticky post is where I got the info
>>
>aka culking
Top lel m8
>>
>>38017474
Okay thanks dude.
>>
>>38017331
bump, I could really do with some advice. I have a long way to cut and I want to lift while doing it.
>>
>>38017011
>culking
>not butting
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.