[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made you get /fit/? >Was anorexic in highschool so wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

What made you get /fit/?

>Was anorexic in highschool so wanted to look like chad
>>
File: 1459050540111.png (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459050540111.png
416KB, 1920x1080px
Seemed like the right thing because of the philosophy I was getting into.
I'm clinically depressed and it's working well in that regard.
I'm a skeletor, it wouldn't be a bad idea to see what I could look like instead.
There's a girl I'd like to impress... Long story, but I'm not actually looking for sex.

About in that order.
>>
>>38011432
Whenever the link between philosophy and getting swole is made it's always with reference to the Greeks.
Does nobody realise the implications of Hegel's Phenomenology for lifting?
>>
>>38011457
Please explain
>>
>>38011457
Not Hegel, but I can do Camus or even Nietzsche. Even Sartre works.

Bro, you can analyze anything out of Hegel. Personally, I think he was trying to prove God, that always leads to disaster.
>>
File: 13EO7_1.jpg (392KB, 1090x1127px) Image search: [Google]
13EO7_1.jpg
392KB, 1090x1127px
>>38011463
Forgot my pic.
>>
>>38011463
>>38011465
The essence of the human condition is a need of reconciliation between the self and other, ie the objectively existing world. The frontier between the two is the body, which exists in the physical world but is intimately connected to the self, so it's the natural place to start.
(Also I'm convinced this is the reason fashion is so important in our hyper-individualised society.)

>>38011465
Camus is a fag.
Nietzsche you of course can use as justification for lifting.
Don't know enough about Sartre to comment, but I'm pretty sure he's a fag too.
>>
>>38011251
Fat in high school (BMI of around 29-33) and decided to do something about it, lost about 30 pounds and then started lifting. It made getting a girlfriend easier for me so I kept at it and now its all paid off.
>>
was a fatass (again).
been talking to some mates how I should lose the weight again.(did it once already) and they were like: "you dont need to get /fit, you're not that fat anon, look at steph, now that is fat"
I weighed like 100kg@172cm at that time.

this is when I decided I dont need to be compared to even fatter people, you dont need to tell me Im not that fat when I know exactly that I am.

3 months later I lost around 20kgs, 1year later I already outlifted everyone.
felt good, I've destroyed my so called competition, those losers constantly snapped their shit up or had other excuses to stop going to the gym.
>>
Some fat kid kept calling me weak 'n shit.
Went to the gym with him once and he was weak asf.
>>
I could not see me in the mirror.
>>
MOAR PHILO LESS FATTIES.

I didn't get the Hegel point and it sounds like Plato 2.0 durkadurka senpai
>>
>>38011251
I got really high and decide why not
>>
>>38011251
Was bullied in school
>>
>met ex once
>after all the talk we had, she mentioned I that I'm not fat
Needless to say we never got back.
>>
>>38011251
Same question every day
>>
>>38011251
dad grabbed my belly at 13 and said "this needs to go away, it's fucking disgusting"
cried for weeks. then I got ripped.
>>
>>38011490
>The essence of the human condition is a need of reconciliation between the self and other, ie the objectively existing world. The frontier between the two is the body, which exists in the physical world but is intimately connected to the self, so it's the natural place to start.
I shit you not, that's him riffing off of the Catholic trinity.

>Camus is a fag.
Yeah, pretty boy cunt.

>Don't know enough about Sartre to comment, but I'm pretty sure he's a fag too.
More his shit about being a genuine person and treating your life like a project, although that could be Heidegger.

Lift to become the complete person you're capable of. Lift because you always need to be greater.
>>
>>38011916
>I shit you not, that's him riffing off of the Catholic trinity.
I'm no expert on Hegel but I think that's an oversimplification.
He did consider the Trinity to be a divine manifestation of dialectic though.

Also what I originally wrote, >>38011490, is perhaps better suited to Fichte.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.