[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think video games ruined my life how do i develop social skills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1466354515609.jpg (67KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1466354515609.jpg
67KB, 680x1020px
I think video games ruined my life
how do i develop social skills after being socially stunted during pre adolescence
why am I afraid to do things and talk to people
does it have to do with being bullied all throughout middleschool?
I know i'm not the only one on here like this, but can anyone help me?
>>
Do you currently lift?

How old are you now?

Do you go to uni?

What are your hobbies?
>>
>>38010265
i grew up playing vidya and had no significant problems. Sounds like shit parents
>>
>>38010265
Hey at least you're not a Sonic kid or something like that.
Right?
>>
>>38010265
>Played gmod religiously with a clan on one server for 4+ hours every day in highschool.
>Still had many groups of school friends and would drink and go to bonfires/parties hook up with babes. Lost virginity at 16.
>The people I played with online were hilarious and we always had a good time and gave me more practice being sociable.

Lol dunno about u OP
>>
>>38010281
yes
no, about to next year
my daily routine is just lifting, sitting on the computer/cellphone, and smoking/drinking...

also if it means anything i'm not a virgin, i was in a pretty great relationship before i had to move and actually had plenty of friends because i was confident while i had a gf, ever since then my life was derailed and i never fully recovered due to losing confience after many rejections.
>>
>>38010360
Me again, also played games a lot in elementary and middle. I wanted to be social so I did it
>>
>>38010376
you could start by drinking at a bar

My life is the same as yours, except I don't even drink so I can't even do that socially
>>
>>38010337
that's probably it, hardly saw dad cuz his work and my mother spoiled me rotten and handled all social situations for me. also tried to keep me in a bubble my life.

either way i still need help, how do i save myself from this? am i just fucked? every time i feel like i'm a normal person I just fall back down into my old habits
>>
>>38010265
You think you're worth less than normies.
you go out and see people do those everyday shit that you missed out on, see how easy it comes to them and then think about why you cant do it just like them.

you simply lack practice and you feel inadequate because of it, and that lowers your self-esteem.
this is a bad habit. it only makes it harder.
stop giving a shit and believe in yourself.

I dont know what kind of vidya you "wasted" your time with, but imagine a friend touching vidya for the first time just to get raped in cs:go.

do you think he would be able to develope his cs:go skills if this kind of defeat would have discouraged him?
you think he would have fun playing it, learning and getting better at it while believing: "I missed vidya in my adolescence, never devloped the skills, why is it so hard, is something wrong with me? I would rather go back to doing X" etc.
>>
>>38010265
Respec and put more points into charisma
>>
>>38010467
well, you already go to the gym. That's good. How about talking to people at the gym?
>>
>>38010497
well usually other people are the ones that talk to me in the gym, otherwise i'm just a quiet person and i keep everything to myself. I usually think of a conversation in my head then never actually do it because i don't know how they'd react to whatever i say. that's pretty much how I am in all social situations, not limited to just the gym
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.