[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did the diets of the ancient Greeks look like? They exercised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: doryphoros1.jpg (75KB, 653x1079px) Image search: [Google]
doryphoros1.jpg
75KB, 653x1079px
What did the diets of the ancient Greeks look like? They exercised all the fucking time, so I'm guessing they must've eaten quite a lot of fatty meat and dairy products.
>>
>>38001731
Drink goat milk straight from the goat without processing it and eat fresh chicken/fruit and you'll be there too
>>
I've always wondered how the fuck Greeks were able to get enough protein. Their breakfast was just bread dipped in wine, so that's basically one meal out the window. For lunch and dinner they ate a bunch of fruit, vegetables, bread and chicken while drinking goat milk.

It's a far way from a /fit/ diet of 1.8-2.2g protein per kg, yet some of them were pretty well-built.

Have we been duped by Big Protein into believing we need way more protein than we really do?
>>
>>38001731
Look up Mediterranean diet. Lots of olives, nuts, fruits and veggies, some dairy, fish and little meat.
>>
>>38001785

Humans dont really need that much protein.

Especially not the amount you guys are eating.
>>
>>38001785
Shh, don't let /fit/ hear you. They love the precious PROTONS.
Stay in the dark they wants.
>>
>>38001785
Humans barely reached 5ft back then. They weighed a lot less.
>>
Weren't most people from back then short as fuck? That probably helped them put on muscle alot faster and without as much protein that a regular or tall person needs
>>
>>38001912
Average height for men was between 162 and 165m with a body weight of approximately 60-65kg.
>>
>>38001967
cm, not m.
>>
>>38001967
>yfw they were wrestling dinos
That's the secret /fit/
>>
>>38001967
Jesus fuck they were small.
>>
>>38001731

they didn't exactly look like the statues mate

look at any indigenous people and basically consider how they look except with a steadier source of food

basically just short and skinny people with varying degrees of fitness depending on what their role was in society

nothing past a cardio-oriented physique though
>>
File: 1466430090441.jpg (92KB, 782x1168px) Image search: [Google]
1466430090441.jpg
92KB, 782x1168px
>>38001967
>tfw you're born >2000 years too late to be considered of a normal height
>>
They weren't huge just muscular, ripped and atheletic and got all their protein by slurping each others cocks. Statues often exaggerate their features
>>
>>38001967
being 165 meters tall and weighing 60-65kg would be an accomplishment in itself though.
>>
>>38001731
Greek here,took history in highschool.
our ancestors ate mostly veggies,cereals,fruit and fish.
The typical greek had access to cereals,figs,olives,grapes,olive oil and fish.
Meat was a luxury and was typically consumed on festivals and special days (except for the rich people who could afford it more often)
>>
>>38001785

You definitely don't need nearly as much protein as that.

But by all means, keep buying whey protein supplements guys... Oh and don't forget to ignore our spoofed kjeldahl results that inflate the amount of protein on the box.
>>
>>38001912
Yup, I remember visiting Pompei about 6 years ago and seeing the ash preserved bodies of the grown men and women and they were a LOT smaller than people are now. Not even talking fat, they were just really small.
>>
>>38002564
Most of those were probably low class people though. I think most of the people who spent so much time exercising were upper-class citizens.
>>
>>38002163
Mediterranean diet right?
Supposedly this shit is goat for sexual function.
No wonder Zeus raping women left and right.
>>
They were mostly manlets and didn't aim to LEAVE HUMANITY BEHIND, their ideal is a lot smaller than ours. Elite & Soldiery had access to protein that lower classes didn't so you can't generalize their diets.

By the way, this is what the Spartans used for bulking https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_soup
>>
>>38001731
Check the pic you posted. They were otter.
Functional strength + incredible endurance were paramount in the warfare

Farnese Hercules was three exception not the rule
>>
>>38001731

Greeks ate alot of bread, olives, goat and fish.
>>
>>38001785
the common people who lived on the Mediterranean during this period got a great deal of their protein from "garum" a paste made from fermented fish.
>>
>>38003737
that sounds fucking disgusting
>>
>>38002085

Why? I did that.
>>
>>38002044
>2000+16
>not being 2 km tall

it's like you 165 m faggot aren't even trying, seriously kys
>>
>>38001798
mediterranean here and youre not wrong at all but we do eat a lot of meat, at least here in Spain pork and chicken on a daily, bovine, sheep, rabbit, even bull.
>>
So, speaking about Greeks actually Romans, anyone has that Caesar pic on a black background? Usually pops around motivational threads.

Thanks.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.