[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is having good posture really just a matter of REMEMBERING to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1452389263155.png (161KB, 709x343px) Image search: [Google]
1452389263155.png
161KB, 709x343px
Is having good posture really just a matter of REMEMBERING to hold good posture? I refuse to believe it is, because most people I see on the street or in the gym have fine posture and I doubt they go about their day reminding themselves to do X Y and Z. But everything I look up online about improving posture says "You just gotta do X Y and Z and then just remember to hold that position all day!"

Like surely there's just some fucking exercise(s) I can do so that I can have a permanent good posture without having to think about it. Shit is starting to annoy me.
>>
No, you are correct. You work out and train your core so that the rest of the time your muscle structure holds you in a correct position.
Nobody can be posture-conscious for 12h every day
>>
>>37980687
Eventually it becomes habit.
At first you remember to hold it, then it becomes subconscious
>>
>>37980870
Are there any specific core exercises I should do or are the basic ones fine (plank etc.)?
>>
What I used to improve my posture was a machine at my uni gym where you lean back and push a pad backwards with your back. Works lower back mostly. Worked well and progress on it was fast, went from doing 100lbs on it to 245 in a couple months. I just do deadlifts for lower back now but the machine was certainly great for training posture
>>
>>37980993
I like to do rack holds
>>
>>37980687
I noticed since I've started lifting I tend to bring my shoulders back way more often and sticking my chest up too. Not sure if it's just me being more self-conscious. I also do a lordosis type think with my lower back which I'm not sure will be beneficial over time.

Also I remember reading something about chest muscles tightening and some back muscles loosening due to permanently hunching, could be bullshit, but if it's true perhaps there's some corrective exercises that we could do, which is what I've been trying to find out.
>>
Bump for inward knees
>>
İ've been conciously fixing my posture for 12+ yrs now.

İt's not "habit", it's fucking annoying.

İ have forward head btw, and yes İ am concious on it all day because İ care about image.
>>
>>37982706
Disregard that, İ suck cocks.
>>
You could try this
https://youtu.be/LT_dFRnmdGs
>>
>>37980687
I do it subconsciously, if I start slouching I tend to crack my neck and roll my shoulders than stand up straight again.
I also developed a pelvic tilt from a knee/hip injury so at first it was a daily battle of stretching, consciously fixing it.
>>
>>37982745
Stop it! That's not me and you know it!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.