[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been doing Stronglifts for about 6 month. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1468956058884.jpg (87KB, 652x522px) Image search: [Google]
1468956058884.jpg
87KB, 652x522px
I've been doing Stronglifts for about 6 month. I've got sick a few times this year so I had to take off several weeks from working out, which fucked up my progress bad (Squat = 170lbs, DL 240lbs, Bench press 160lbs). At this point I'm fucking sick and tired of this program, workouts are a chore and I'm grinding through it just to recover the stats I've lost from my last time off.

Is it doable to do some other program for a few months, just to get a breath of fresh air and do something different? I'm losing all my motivation.
>>
>>37979312
Switch to SS, stronglifts has too much volume which doesnt work with the kind of intensity you get to eventually. Its a bad program.
>>
You know you don't have to lift exactly what the program says right?
Mahdi suggests knocking down your lifts by 20 percent for a 2 week break. That's ridiculous. Take a smaller reduction and take a couple of extra rest days instead.
>>
If you don't mind progressing at a slower rate, look into the Texas Method.
>>
>>37979362
Is that so? They look both look similar to me.
>>
>>37979312
you are weak
>>
>>37979759
I know
>>
Op you cant be real. In two months I went from squating 135lbs to 245lbs, deadlifting 185 to 315, and benching 115 to 175 for sets of five. All I did was eat peanut butter sandwiches and honestly gained about 30lbs. Stretch marks galore, anyway check your diet mate. If you wanna get strong ya gotta eat, then you can cut fairly easily just by removing all the peanut butter sandwiches. Dont listen to people who say its a bad program, desu your supposed to do something else when you reach the point of doing 225lb squats. So the volume is to high for the intensity thing is a load of shit.
>>
>>37979846
I had hypothyroidism earlier this year, made me put something like 30 lbs, without any muscle of course, so I wasn't really looking for a bulk then. Now that I shed most of excess I plan doing a real one, but the damage is done anyway.
>>
>>37979753

Program is fine he's a dumbass
>>
>>37979935
Ahh, well that would make sense then. You could do a slow bulk. Like, count your calories throughout your day. Once you get a good average for what you eat everyday add about 500 calories. Thats not how I roll though, I get fat as shit for a couple months then spend another couple months on jogging and plyometrics plus lifting. Also no shit, hit up your local highschools wrestling team coach. If he doesnt have a meal plan worked out for cutting and bulking his ass needs to be fired.
>>
>>37979846
Nice blog, dumb faggot.
>>
bump for some more suggestions
>>
>>37980025
he's actually 100% correct. if you had actually done any of these routines to completion you would know.
>>
>>37979312
>Is it doable to do some other program for a few months, just to get a breath of fresh air and do something different? I'm losing all my motivation.
yes, you should definitely do that. if you're not motivated to do your routine anymore it's not worth continuing. there are tons of novice routines that work, at least for a while.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.