[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been drinking everyday for 7 years. My morning ritual is pouring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (108KB, 893x676px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 893x676px
Been drinking everyday for 7 years. My morning ritual is pouring myself a glass of absolute vodka so I can get a buzz and start my day. By noon I'm shit faced but a functioning shit face. Go to bed exhausted and drained. Wake up exhausted and drained. How do I go about taking up fitness and replacing the gym as my addiction?
>>
>>37978890

don't you need like a complete month or more in a facilitated recovery center?

Bullshit you're gonna stop all by yourself if you didn't even have the willpower to stop yourself from getting this far.
>>
as someone who is currently undergoing psychiatric/mental health training as part of a full background (because fuck doing that full time)-

step one is to make a goal that is attainable, realistic, and depends solely on your actions.

step two is to start cutting back slowly. cold turkey generally doesn't work. maybe do half a glass, then cut back to skipping one day a week. going cold turkey on alcohol literally can kill you (delirium tremens). (seeing a doc about this can help, some benzos will ease the transition)

step three is to continue following up on the goal for several weeks to months until it becomes habit. once then, you re-evaluate your goal, and proceed as such.
>>
at this point you need to go to rehab bro.

if you quit drinking cold turkey right now you could potentially die.

go to rehab, get cleaned up, and then focus on the gym.
>>
File: 1450836595945.gif (1MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450836595945.gif
1MB, 720x720px
>>37978890
You have a major problem, and like many drunks you've fooled yourself into the classic thinking that you can just drop it if X Y or Z happens. You need professional help - not advice from a bunch of retarded meatheads on the internet.

gif unrelated
>>
>>37978890
alcohol withdrawal can literally kill you

you need to go to rehab bro
>>
>>37978932
you're talking to this guy like he's quitting coffee or something. a seven year alcoholic is a junkie and needs professional help. don't try this on your own OP
>>
>>37978910
This fag knows nothing.
>>
>>37978932
As someone who use to drink more than OP does, this is exactly what worked for me. It's not easy but it works.
>>
>>37978981

>(seeing a doc about this can help, some benzos will ease the transition)

the rest is literally what he's going to get in inpatient rehab, as well as AA/al-anon, boiled down to the key points. going to group sessions may or may not help, but try it out. there's AA meetings everywhere, but they're pretty hit/miss, especially if you're not into that whole 'giving your life over to god' and that bullshit.

Any other meds are 'meh' tier at best, probably gabapentin.
>>
>>37978890
>drinking for 7 years, still not deat
LMAO nice "drinking" you have there
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.