[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/, I just found this board, and I've got a question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: couch.jpg (172KB, 1300x1166px) Image search: [Google]
couch.jpg
172KB, 1300x1166px
/fit/, I just found this board, and I've got a question.

How do you guys get, and stay, motivated? I've been working out off and on for about a year now, but see no gains due to lack of motivation. I struggle to get to the gym, and even when I don't go I KNOW I should be doing stuff at home (running, bodyline, etc.)...
>>
>>37968556
>I KNOW I should be doing stuff at home (running, bodyline, etc.)...
You don't work out because you know you should be at home running? What the fuck is "bodyline"? I am confused.
>>
>>37968556
i spend 4 times as much energy complaining about not going then by just going.

when I'm eeking out a hard repi remind myself that buying bigger pants woulda been easier and then i laugh at my fatfucness and crush it.
>>
File: 1407256504350.jpg (736KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1407256504350.jpg
736KB, 2048x1536px
>>37968556
Because he cannot

> pic related
>>
>>37968556
I started lifting to just lift so I didn't have any motivation, really. I've been running all my life, so I decided to try lifting as well. I just made it apart of my routine.
Lift 4x a week and run/HIIT 2x on off days.
>>
>>37968996
tl;dr
>>
>>37968556
Literally by reading the sticky.
I always thought lifting was one of these things you need to suffer to get right. Reading the sticky was enough motivation to get a gym subscription and start lifting.
After that, I saw progress in my lifts, my body posture improved, I felt stronger, I started getting mires... That's enough motivation to keep me going for a while.
>>
>>37968556
>How do you guys get, and stay, motivated?
I'm not? Seriously, I'm not motivated for anything in my life, not even fapping but it's just part of my daily routine. Wake up, shower, go to work, eat my pre-made lunch, either go home and watch anime or go to the gym, make dinner and food for the next day, sleep. It's said, that if you keep a doing something for 7 weeks, it turns into a habit. Same with workout. I'm actually irritated when there's something that keeps me from working out.
>>
>>37968556
going to the gym for like 11 months now i think.

>how do u stay motivated

it's hard, but if it were easy everyone would do it. Just keep positive and have a goal. How i really keep being motivated is listening to these motivational speeches while working out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pi7oqZ6ioU
>>
File: VisualC25K.v1_0b.png (370KB, 1728x2592px)
VisualC25K.v1_0b.png
370KB, 1728x2592px
Don't you feel anything ?

I feel proud, 1 month ago i couldn't do 1km on a bike without bursting a lung, then i did 5, then 10 i am now at 15km.

My lifts were terrible, i am now putting 15kg on everyone of them.

I have lost 6kg, i am eating healthier.

I used to see life as an unending series of hard, difficult events, and sometimes good stuff happens.

Food was a way to cope to sooo many things, without realizing it became my drug. i was lucky, i have tried many and never needed them, i thought i was of strong character, i was deluded, food helped me sleep, helped me not to think, satisfied me on a basic level nothing else came close to. I think back now i can realize it.

I came across that bruce lee story about life was actually about plateaus. He was right. at least this vision is the one that suits me.

I am on a plateau, and when i look back i can see how pathetic i was, how lazy, how gluttonous, how deluded.

I will climb a new one and look back again, i never was, nor will i ever be perfect, but every time i look back i know i changed, i made progress and i feel proud, for the first time in my life.

true story, btw.
>>
File: 234324.jpg.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
234324.jpg.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>37969351
Great story anon, keep it up!

before after pic maybe?
>>
>>37968556
To help my shitty back and suppliment my sport
>>
Self hatred and its the only hobby I have right now.
>>
micro-improvements (knowing I'm either going to lift more weight or lift the same weight as before for more reps) every session keeps me motivated. It's like a small little mission I have to fulfill.

bet I'm gonna suffer during cut.
>>
>>37968556
Its not really motivation, we have discipline.
Sick and tired of people saying I need to get motivated or I cant do it etc etc.
Have some fucking discipline and just fucking do it, we all have shit days and somehow we still go the gym not because we were motivated but because we have discipline.
Former Fatty reporting
>>
>>37969450
this
Even when I do not feel like it, I just go
you still go to work even though you don't want to
>>
>>37969381

Sorry, i'm still pretty ashamed of how i look, just one month of lifting after all, stats tho:

175cm
118kg (highest, of all time was 133)

Squat 45kg
Bench 50kg
Deadlift 70kg
Overhead press 30kg

15km on bike, 3 on rowing machine.

Around 1800 kcal on rest days, 2000 kcal on lift days.

And i bust my ass every two days.
>>
>>37968556

You don't need motivation. You just fucking do it.
>>
>>37969084
> to lazy to read

Never going to make it
>>
>>37969543
Impressive, keep doing what youre doing man
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.