[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to train for strength and hypertrophy at the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1466778167813.jpg (195KB, 1022x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1466778167813.jpg
195KB, 1022x1280px
Is it possible to train for strength and hypertrophy at the same time, or am I just wasting energy?
>>
>>37961159

Once you reach a certain point you can't really get stronger without getting bigger.
>>
yeah that's impossible. if you become stronger, you'll get smaller. if you get bigger, you'll become weaker. shit sucks :/
>>
>>37961159
well both will come eventually but the one that you focus will come much faster.

All roads lead to rome.
>>
>>37961163
Yeah but I'm still a skeleton. If I train for strength using the Texas Method, will I get big and aesthetic, or will I remain mostly skinny?
>>
I didn't even bother to read other replies but, no, you're not wasting your energy.
>>
>>37961180
Don't start with the texas method, you'll only go up 2.5 pounds on ohp/bench a week, beginners should be going up 5 pounds each time they lift.

Also yes you'll get big doing "strength" methods. Anyone who says otherwise obviously doesn't lift.
>>
Sauce on the chick please. She's a high test goddess
>>
>>37961177
>mfw all roids lead to rome
>>
>>37961202
Found "her" picture on /lgbt/
>>
>>37961221
Sauce me breh
>>
>>37961202
lanie morgan possibly
>>
>>37961159
who is this ejaculate immaculate?
>>
yes breh do greyskull lp
>>
File: gainsgraph.png (37KB, 807x662px) Image search: [Google]
gainsgraph.png
37KB, 807x662px
if you're just starting out you need to be doing starting strength or strong lifts and eating a fuck ton of food. You'll get more aesthetic just by having more meat on your skelly body. and if you really are skelly then you'll probably get away with eating a lot for a while and stay relatively lean.
>>
File: Zodd_wyald.jpg (523KB, 1444x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Zodd_wyald.jpg
523KB, 1444x1100px
>>37961159
TORPEDO TITTAYS

But on topic if you're noob skellington then you're gonna get both. Don't let worrying about that shit stop you from giving your 100%
>>
I think it's easier to focus on strength than appearance. If you can bench two plates, you'll have a decent chest. If you can squat more than most people, you'll have bigger legs than most people, etc... Focus on the strength gains and you'll get bigger. Nobody who can deadlift four plates has a weak back,
>>
>>37962069

Speaking as someone who pulls 5plate and most certainly does have a weak back (weak enough to get crushed out of position on >2.5plate bench and to struggle lifting any stone heavier than 240), its definitely possible.
>>
>>37961677

lanie morgan
>>
>>37962069
I'd rather bench 175 and not look like shit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.