[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start to socialize and go to partys >get home every night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: quentin-tarantino.jpg (43KB, 930x516px) Image search: [Google]
quentin-tarantino.jpg
43KB, 930x516px
>start to socialize and go to partys
>get home every night feeling more depressed than before
post party depression isn't worth IMO family
>>
>>37869881
iktf, it's because you know what you missed out and that you could've gone more often
>>
>>37869881
>get home every night feeling more depressed than before
Yeah fuck that. I've never felt better/with more confidence than when I stopped going to the bar or stopped "playing the game" with women. Especially where I live, every fatty mcfatfucks have higher standards than Stacy, so I let you guess how fucking hard it is to woo women.
>>
>>37869881
And then the day after you start to rethink everything you did and how you could have done it better.

I'm pretty sure that's why people get addicted to partying or really any outlet. The depression is strong.
>>
>>37869881
>>get home every night feeling more depressed than before
I definitely know that feel and I've come to the conclusions that parties just don't make me happy. My life is much better now.
>>
>>37869881
http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/12/10-types-odd-friendships-youre-probably-part.html

Sure, you’ll make new friends in the future—at work, through your spouse, through your kids—but you won’t get to that Tier 1 brothers level, or even to Tier 2, with very many of them, because people who meet as adults don’t tend to get through the 100+ long, lazy hangouts needed to reach a bond of that strength. As time goes on, you start to realize that the 20-year frenzy of not-especially-thought-through haphazard friend-making you just did was the critical process of you making most of your lifelong friends.

You are doing it wrong OP
>>
I like parties, I just hate the drinking aspect of them
>>
>>37870237
he can socialize without going to parties. I assume the partying bit is what brings him down. at least that's the way it works for me. personally I like hanging out with fewer people and doing something (playing pool, hiking, climbing etc) instead of just talking.
>>
>>37870284
Same here, once I snapped out of alcohol. It just became alien to me. I just dont get it why people drink anymore.
>>
>>37869881
I get that two hours into any party, that's how long I can last before a repeat of "I wanna go home" plays in my head for the rest of the evening. It's exhausting.
I don't even enjoy drinking, so I can't use that to make it tolerable, so I just rarely go to parties anymore.
>>
File: 1439607447294.jpg (6KB, 178x200px)
1439607447294.jpg
6KB, 178x200px
>>37870300
>>37870332
Because it tastes good and I need it ;_;
>>
>>37870332
I think I'm on the verge of snapping out of it. Hating it more and more and seeing it from a different perspective
>>
>>37870332
I liked to drink in college a lot. Now that I have been lifting 1.5 years very strict, I never want to touch alcohol again. I had very good experiences drinking in the past, don't get me wrong. Making it has strange consequences. Always thought I would drink with girls or something. But now I would rather meet girls sober.
>>
>>37870300

wow. i have this problem with my old group of friends that they just want to do stuff like play cards or pool and I just wanna sit there and talk with a beer.

Guess it can really be different.
>>
>start being social
>go to parties
>everyone just stares at each other
>everyone gets drunk
>talking having fun
>realize that these people have zero to talk about and only talk about that time that X did something stupid when drunk
>realize that I will never have actual conversations with more than 3% of the populous

I don't got outside much, except for work and workout anymore
>>
>>37873603
this

There's a scene in the movie Fight Club when Edward Norton meets Helena Bonham Carter and she says something to the extent of "most people you meet aren't interesting in socializing, they're just waiting for their turn to speak"... and that's completely true.
>>
>>37873603
Tony knew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9J8rHvWtsI
>>
sometimes i just want to join the army and fight

but i love lifting too much right now
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.