[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite way to cook frozen chicken? I will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

What's your favorite way to cook frozen chicken? I will often buy a shitload of it when it is on sale and freeze it. Usually I boil frozen chicken and put it in a stir fry or pasta or something like that because it is an easy way to cook it. But I have to losing some nutrient in the water right?
>>
>take chicken out of the freezer
>put it in the refrigerator
>let it thaw over night til dinner
>put dry rum cajun seasoning on it
>pan sear it til it blackened
>eat with pierogi and a vegetable
>>
>>37819635
thaw it, then use it how you would fresh chicken
>>
>>37819924
this
>>
Salt and pepper, i like it simple
>>
Crock pot for 8+ hours. Makes it SO fucking tender, yall don't know.
>>
Baked.

>preheat oven to 450F
>mix equal parts black pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika
>melt butter in a microwave
>place skinless boneless chicken breasts in casserole dish(es)
>brush with melted butter and sprinkle liberally with your seasoning mix
>cook 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before eating or storing.

The high temp/lower cook time leaves the breaks juicy with a bit of a crust to seal in said juices. I usually wait till I reheat it to cut it up for the same reason.
>>
>>37819899
I do this exactly except I have many different kinds of rub for variety and I eat it with rice and a vegetable
>>
>>37819635

>thaw
>beat breasts with a meat mallet
>marinade in lemon juice and garlic
>pan fry in olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika

i do a big batch at the beginning of the week, and use as needed. the chicken lasts surprisingly long in the marinade, ie +-8days
>>
>>37819635

>lightly fry both sides
>cook the rest of the way through by simmering in a sauce

Usually I do tomato or curry sauces. The chicken ends up nice and moist.
>>
>>37819635
i cant afford chicken breasts on a good conscious.

the thing is the quarter legs are so fucking cheap.

10 kg of chicken breasts = 50 euro
10 kg of chicken quarterlegs = 15 euro.

i want to start doing pmf but 2 chicken quarter legs weigh in at 1100 cals and i would need another 200-300 cals for veggies.

can i still attain the goals of pmf with this method ?
>>
>>37819635
>let it soak in warm salted water till I get home from work
>take it off and make a fry it with a teaspoon of olive oil
>make it tender and moisty
>some vegetables with it and rice/macaroni
>>
>>37822968
eat two times a week chicken breasts. 1kg should be enough for that.

mix chicken legs and wings with vegetables. 3 chicken legs is more than enough, and 6 to 7 chicken wings.
Supply mushrooms with that diet, because mushrooms will make you sick gains.
>>
>>37822968
Tfw 1kg of chicken breast is 10 euros at the absolute cheapest. Feels bad man
>>
>>37822999
why not just quarterlegs ?
>>
>>37822762
You marinade a big batch at the beginning of the week or you pan fry a big batch at the beginning of the week?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.