[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have a compressed nerve in my wrist or some shit and doc put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1425584759413.jpg (37KB, 540x624px) Image search: [Google]
1425584759413.jpg
37KB, 540x624px
i have a compressed nerve in my wrist or some shit and doc put me in a cast and said i can't lift (upper body) for a week.

a.) how fucked are my gains assuming i was on a 6 day PPL split and can only do legs?

b.) anyone else ever experienced this? basically i was doing dips and my right forearm went numb. a week later, right arm was significantly weaker and thumb still a little numb. really hope it's not full blown carpal tunnel...
>>
A WEEK WITHOUT LIFTING!? GOODBYE GAINS, HELLO SKELETON
>>
>>37755015

ha ok i know i won't atrophy but my wrist will be completely immobilized for a week--not even basic movements--how much strength should i expect to lose?
>>
bump, someone please tell me they've had this problem and recovered just fine ;_;
>>
>>37754981
I sprained my wrist 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to lift at all. Look up tfcc injuries and be thankful that didn't happen to you. it could be way worse, anon
>>
>>37755089
3.52%, give or take a pl8.
>>
That picture is retarded since it can be explained by basic fluid dynamics.
>>
>>37757627
fuck you
>>
>>37757627
Not to mention that its a glass of chocolate milk yet orange juice is pouring out
>>
>>37757627
Sadly the general public is retarded and can't understand basic physics.

Try to explain one of the simplest laws, that every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and people just can't comprehend it.

>When I push on the table it's pushing me back with equal force
>BUT THEN WHY AIN'T UR HAND MOVING AWAY?????
>>
>>37759211

i get it but my pic was the closest thing i saw in my recent internet exploration to express my feels about my current situation, given that strength training depends on the fact of gravity

>>37757406

if this is true then my anger would definitely be sufficient enough to propel me back to 120%
>>
File: davos.jpg (97KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
davos.jpg
97KB, 1366x768px
>>37754981
>>
>>37757347

shitty man, i wish you a full and speedy recovery but i'm not brooding over my injury, just pissed off that i can't lift. i've been through a lot worse. i had to take 3 months off last year due to a brain injury and broken spine. i got this, i'm just pissed. and apparently very accident-prone.
>>
>>37754981

Blame Van der Waals, gravity is innocent
>>
>>37757627
that picture can't be explained by basic fluid dynamics.
Go back to the gym pls, my friendo you can join in with this Doctor of Brosience
>>37759211

You guys are full of shit, and probably really really dumb...sorry
>>
>>37754981
I sometimes have my nerves get inflamed and p much stop working good, and you can lose loads to atrophy. Just start back slow, do any physio you can, and when you get back to lifting it comes back fairly easy. You can get stupid doms tho.
>>
>>37760125
If gravity were stronger my man it wouldn't be a problem. Out of the fundamental forces gravity is like the nerd that gets his lunch money taken?
>>
>>37754981
a week wont set you back too much op, just take the week-long break and dont be an autist thinking youre gonna atrophy away all of your gains (you probably wont even lose much if any strength once you get back into lifting again)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.