[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gym removed the squat bar >Smith machine aint worth shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: squat 2.jpg (62KB, 674x439px) Image search: [Google]
squat 2.jpg
62KB, 674x439px
>Gym removed the squat bar
>Smith machine aint worth shit
>Can't use spotters to put the bar on & off my back cause I go alone withouth buddies & people there aren't too friendly
Dumbbell squats are my only option.
Only question is, should I o them with my arms resting by my sides like number (2) or should I do them with my arms lifted up like (1) or even higher?
I assume the number (1) is better because it will engage all the muscles in my body in isometric contaction. Am I right?
>>
what, is that only gym in your area?
>>
DB squats are not an option. find a new gym or get a home gym
>>
you are just trying to make up a story because you don't go to a gym but I admire the attempt to work out.

The answer is number two. one puts too much stress on your elbows
>>
>>37683831
It's the only gym around my college. Other gyms require me to go to the other side of town, around a thirty minute drive.
>>
Same case bro.

Though in my case, I push press around 33% of my squat max and then set the bar to my back for reps. If your form is good enough, you can just front squats by cleaning the bar first.
>>
>>37683839
I've been going to the gym for three years.
The gym I go to made some adjustments (paint, new machines, that stuff) three months ago, in the process they removed the only piece of equipment that I can't replace, the squat rack.
Thanks for the advice, though.
>>
you cannot train in a gym that removed the squat bar. drive to the other gym or find a new hobby
>>
>>37683852
>I've been going to the gym for three years.
so you're squatting 200kg+ and wondering if you could replace them with DB squats? something about your story seems a bit off
>>
>>37683852
>>37683867

homegymbro you don't have to lie to us. We know you just bought a set of dumbbells it's alright.
>>
>>37683841
star talking with buffer gym goers who also dislike that move and after week or two start nagging gym staff. Ask them every week are they thinking about bringing squat rack back. you heard some people are very displeased and you agree with them. They may ask who and there comes those week or two before where you chat up atleast 5 dudes and give their names.
>>
>>37683867
>>37683884
first year I did body splits, then I did weightlifting ever then. I'm 62 kilos, squat 110 kilo low bar, I then switched to high bar squats till I hit 100 kilo RP & now I'm switching back to low bar squats to improve my deadlift. I'm by no means advanced, I know that.
This thread is giving me the idea of cleaning a front squat, though.
>>
>>37683887
That's actually a pretty great strategy. I used to see late night goers using the squat rack all the time. They might be of help pressuring the gym.
>>
>>37683900
>3 years of lifting
>62kg

are you a girl?
>>
>>37683919
Yes, but I don't think genders are relevant to the original question I asked.
>>
>DIP BELT SQUATS
>BULGARIAN SPLIT SQUATS

OBJECTIVELY THE BEST QUAD STRENGTH EXERCISES

>b-b-but muh posterior chain, glutes and hamstrings

DEADLIFT MORE
>>
>>37683908
i could never understand people who think thats it and accept it. You can pressure everyone with everything only you need patience and savvy.
>>
>>37683935
>inb4 no dip belt

BUY ONE FOR LITERALLY $20

>inb4 no boxes

Attach yourself to a long bar row machine or just use a barbell and trap it at the non-weighted end with a dumbbell.
>>
>>37683841
ride your bicycle to the gym if possible
bam there's the cardio you always wanted but were always too lazy to do after a grueling workout
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.