[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else love lifting but hate "lifting culture"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

File: 8b0.png (10KB, 450x401px) Image search: [Google]
8b0.png
10KB, 450x401px
Does anyone else love lifting but hate "lifting culture" and /fit/?

It's so fucking annoying, yes I like to lift weights as a hobby but no I don't associate with some autistic culture yelling like a retard, wearing gymshark clothing and saying stupid memes.

Does anyone here share my opinion?
>>
>>37669532
No offense but you sound dyel af.
>>
>>37669532
>hates /fit/
>posts on /fit/

Definitely an autist.
>>
I am 100% sure you have 0% testosterone and are part of the 95% that does NOT do whatever it takes to succeed.
>>
>>37669540
Actually the DYELs are the ones do 4 months of Starting Strength and then post in "Fat hate threads" all day occupying their freetime with making fun of unattractive and fat people. I don't think a single well-adjusted person who actually has a nice physique does that.

>>37669550
I liked /fit/ when i started because of the advice on routines, form and nutrition, /plg/ and /fraud/ generals but the more I lift the more i realize you faggots suck outside of a little bit of useful information and that once you get those nuggets of good advice there is no point of coming here.
>>
>>37669556
>you have 0% testosterone and are part of the 95% that does NOT do whatever it takes to succeed

Because I don't post "tfw no gf", say/post dumb memes or yell like an autist?

Face it, this is /r9k/ with a few months of starting strength
>>
>>37669532
Yes, what normies have done to fitness culture is absolutely revolting. All the "CMON BRO I GO SO FUCKING HARD N SHIT IT'S YOU VS YOU YEEEEEEAH" stuff is infuriating. Just go to the gym, lift weights, then go home.
Also a good 90% of stuff you can buy in supplement stores is total bullshit, so the overreaching of business concerns has made it pretty annoying to be someone who lifts because you get associated with those sleazy "test boosters" and stuff like that.
>>
>>37669540
First post best post.
>>
>>37669574
>Because I don't post "tfw no gf", say/post dumb memes or yell like an autist?
>he says this after opening this thread with a frogpicture
whole thread sounds like massive amounts of projecting. Go ahead post your physique, I'm sure you're in fact that guy 4 months into SS that came from /r9k/
>>
>>37669532
>wearing gymshark clothing
does anybody who wears that shit have any gains?
>>
>>37669532

>/fit/
>lifting culture

Pick one and only one
>>
>>37669594
>Just go to the gym, lift weights, then go home.

THIS.

>>37669636
The whole "10 SCOOPS CMON XDDD RICH PIANA XD", Marcus rippetoe, and all this GAINS BRAH WE MAKIN GAINS BRAH. GAINS DUDE, HIGH TEST THREAD POST SOME OBESE WOMEN,

"IM SO HIGH TESTOSTERONE I HAVE OVER 600 IMAGES OF OBESE WOMEN SAVED ON MY COMPUTER AND HAVEN'T TALKED TO MORE THAN 5 GIRLS IN THE LAST TWO MONTHS"
>>
Generally people who define themselves by one thing are annoying. Stoners, flaming faggots, actual weebs, "gamers." It can happen with anything, naive people get overly excited with things too easily and it comes off as obnoxious to everyone not as caught up as they are.
>>
>>37669677
>Generally people who define themselves by one thing are annoying

True i guess.

Yeah marijuana is pretty cool and fun to smoke once in a while I guess, but no I don't want to be associated with fucking faggots with weed socks, weed shirts and weed snapbacks who think it cures cancer and creates new braincells
>>
File: image.jpg (391KB, 1108x3162px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
391KB, 1108x3162px
>>37669594
>>37669658
>>37669677
Found the summerdyels.
>>
Dyels are the people posting obese women.

If you do not act loud, basically manly that is, you aren't lifting. You're just clogging up the gym.

Fag. Sage.
>>
>>37669707
>If you do not act loud, basically manly that is, you aren't lifting

In what way? Yelling like a fucking retard?

The normal, well-adjusted people are the ones who come into the gym, quietly do their sets and then leave and get back to their NORMAL life with their friends, family, job and other hobbies.

They don't post autistic "motivational pictures" on instagram and facebook all day long or post dumb shit on /fit/
>>
>>37669532
It's a religious/cult/group mentality thing. See the same shit at BJJ. "If you dont blablablabla, you don't deserve to do BJJ etc." Fuck you bitch, I choke you easy without nuthugging BJJ.
>>
>>37669734
DESIGNATED
>>
lifting "culture" is gay as fuck

I enjoy weight training though, but jamming needles up your ass is pretty gay, no homo
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 878x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 878x768px
>>37669727
Yeah, actually you hit the nail on the head.

Your normal life full of normal no gains faggot post your fucking body.

Pic related, found this picture of you
>>
>>37669766
post yours
>>
>>37669766
Lol why would you save this on your iPhone?
>>
>>37669532
I don't really know what you mean by any of this. I just got back from the gym, some people were chatting between sets, some people were teaching people, and some people just had their headphones in while they worked.

I don't even know what you mean by gymshark clothing and I wore an old paint stained t shirt that I used when I was repainting a basement.

I think you're mad at a problem that only exists on 4chan and in your head.
>>
>>37669704
Ex-stoner here. If youre too narrow minded to look at scientific studies such as peer reviewed journals and empirical data regarding the benefits of cannabinoids then that's your problem. However, you definitely shouldn't be misguiding and brainwashing others. Just a thought. Lurker out.
>>
>>37669985
You literally just proved his point you stupid nigger.
If you're a stoner and you make that a huge part of your identity you are literally cancer and should die.
>>
>>37669898
literally this
>>
>>37669532
Did your Planet Fitness membership expire?
>>
>>37669532
>Does anyone else love lifting but hate "lifting culture" and /fit/?
This is what happens when normies come to 4chan
memes were never meant to leave the site let alone the internet
I just want to go back to 2006 and enjoy life outside the board instead of wanting to nuke it all
>>
>>37669998
Yeah..if you make it a part of your identity I totally agree. How does understanding something make me a weed enthusiast?
>>
File: Go crazy.png (224KB, 423x540px) Image search: [Google]
Go crazy.png
224KB, 423x540px
>>37670010
That was fucking 10 years ago.
>>
>>37669985
>If youre too narrow minded to look at scientific studies such as peer reviewed journals and empirical data regarding the benefits of cannabinoids

Yes marijuana can be helpful for reducing pain in a lot of conditions, but no it is not a "miracle plant" created by Jah himself and no you fucking stoners don't all have god damn glucoma and cancer
>>
Yes, i hate how new lifters or normies say the dumbest shit which makes people who lift stupid
>>
>>37669766
Dude HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'm 99% sure I work with this guy.
>>
Agree. Which is why its fucking awful when people automatically assume you're one of them when you look like you lift
>>
>>37670104
>Which is why its fucking awful when people automatically assume you're one of them when you look like you lift

This is why I try to kind of avoid the whole topic

>"Anon, you go to the gym, don't you?"
>Y-yeah haha... sometimes... ok new topic
>>
>>37669540
/thread
>>
I think you guys are misinterpreting anon

I been liftin for almost three years and i do hate how the fitness industry is looked down as a joke
>muh legday muh cheatneal muh gainzz muh proton muh preworkout

It's really annoying seeing all this shit all over social media especially by people who don't lift or are new

And also the supplement industry is just a bunch of bs same as all these programs or meal plans

I always try to keep lifting and bantz within my lifting bro's or by myself, theres this skinny dyel at my work who's been lifting for like 5 months and is so annoying and is always buying supplements and gear he doesn't need and it's just so annoying

People on the outside see this and makes people on the inside look stupid.
>>
>>37670188
>People on the outside see this and makes people on the inside look stupid

OP here, this is exactly my point.

The fucking know-it-all who read (the equivalent if not the literal) /fit/ sticky and now thinks he's an expert from his 3 months of lifting and every single other person is doing it wrong.

Yeah you don't need to fucking keep telling everyone how your SQUATS, DEADLIFTS AND OATS are the most important thing when everyone else already knows this but just does it quietly.
>>
>>37670188
>>37670207
>samedyeling this hard
>>
>>37669532
I agree. Like in Australia 99% of people who lift do it for the festivals. They all wear stringlets and tiny fluro beach pants. Can't stand that shit.
>>
>>37669532
I agree that yelling and "YOURE A WARRIOR" shit is dumb whenever I'm not lifting, but it's different when you have bros and you're pumping each other up. Maybe you need a gym bro, or a gym with more motivational quotes on the walls.
>>
lifting culture is gay

the only good thing about it is insecure whores posting half naked pictures
>>
>>37670315
>but it's different when you have bros and you're pumping each other up. Maybe you need a gym bro, or a gym with more motivational quotes on the walls

Nah dude that shit doesn't motivate me.

If i'm lifting I don't have time to read "No pain no gain xDDD" with a picture of arnold
>>
If you mean everyone around me besides /fit/, I get angry as fuck at those facebook shares with "Workouts for summer abs" or some bullshit and full of meme-tier workouts. I saw one where two chicks did a bunch of shitty core workouts while they drank wine.

I want off this earth.
>>
>>37670378
This but I hate everyone who talks about lifting with any sort of memes involved, including /fit/.

I just want to have a forum to discuss lifting with no memes, no /r9k/ shit, no frogposting, no rich piana, no HEIGHT FRAME FACE, no fucking chad or whatever shit. And no broscience bullshit
>>
"Lifting culture" and "fitness culture" is for females. Like all the big dudes in my gym just wear normal shit.

But girls are the ones with "alphalete" and "gym shark" and other expensive bullshit.

Lifting has become way too mainstream and now every girl who does a squat and eats an edible arrangement thinks she's a fucking fitness guru. Then they throw on some yoga pants and get into their lordosis/anterior pelvic tilt pose and take pictures. Then think they're knowledgable on making "gains"

DYEL guys who think they're zyzzbrah are almost as bad
>>
>>37670400

Then go to bodybuilding.com you fucking retard
>>
I just go to the gym, lift, and leave

I dont chat with anyone, I dont do any meme exercises, I do my routine and thats it.

then I go home and relax and do stuff on the computer, or play games/watch tv.
>>
>>37669563
>once you get those nuggets of good advice there is no point of coming here.
I 100% agree. I only came back because I fell off for awhile
>>
File: 1441923388567.jpg (32KB, 408x558px) Image search: [Google]
1441923388567.jpg
32KB, 408x558px
>>37670416
>Then go to bodybuilding.com you fucking retard

That's also memes and broscience

>>37670434
>I 100% agree. I only came back because I fell off for awhile

I've been on a lot of boards and I think that's how it is in general here, once you read the sticky/basic ideas of a few boards you've absorbed 80% of the useful information it will ever provide even if you browse for 2 years consistently.

>>37670418
>I dont chat with anyone, I dont do any meme exercises, I do my routine and thats it.

Same. I just do my shit and get out, i track my progress on my phone and beyond that I don't interact with anyone besides occasionally saying "Hey can I work in?", "Is anyone using this?", "Hey what's going on, good good" when I see someone I've met before.
>>
>>37670477

I dont try to be antisocial but I go there to train, not to talk

idk, I see people chatting for like half an hour and wonder "why are you even here"

shrug
>>
>>37670495
I like the Indians who talk on their phone while using some retarded machine. Good effort, good concentration
>>
>>37670477
/fit/ isn't really good for learning unless you're an absolute beginner. As far as I can tell most people here don't have a ton of experience.

In an ideal world I would like /fit/ to be what you want as well but that's not the world we live in. We get threads with fat chicks and other meme spam instead.

I pop in once every 6 months of so for a week or so to see what's new but that's about it.
>>
>>37670551
>I pop in once every 6 months of so for a week or so to see what's new but that's about it.

True.

It's same with like /biz/ or /lit/ or /int/. You just hop in, see a few of the infographics/sticky download the recommend books/incorporate basic advice into your life and leave, because everything else is pure shit.
>>
File: 1426955427870.jpg (90KB, 914x515px) Image search: [Google]
1426955427870.jpg
90KB, 914x515px
>>37669563
m8 the thing is, there's really nothing to talk about after a certain point. I mean, there's no new and exciting innovations in the art of picking up barbells is there?

Once you've learned the basics, shitposting is all that's left to do.
>>
>>37670585
Yeah I suppose that's a good point
>>
>>37670585
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'd prefer the shitposting to be on topic. There's a thread up right now that is just a /lit/ thread but he uses the term gains in the title so it's ok.
>>
File: 1465454187210.jpg (118KB, 618x564px) Image search: [Google]
1465454187210.jpg
118KB, 618x564px
>>37669532
Normie
>>
>>37670104
>Tfw lift but also wear the dumber most gigantic thicjest pair of glasses because of my awful miopia
>People don't know what to think
>>
>>37669532
Fuck off dyel.
>>
>>37670406
Underrated post
>>
>>37669766
>tfw when I have a vore/cannibalism fetish
>will never find a fat piggy I can pretend to serve up and eat
>>
>>37671179
Is that what that is?
>>
>>37671200
I'm guessing it's vore. It's extremely rare to see irl pics of the fetish, it's mostly a fantasy/comic thing for obvious reasons. Most people are attracted to the idea of swallowing, basically a creature/plant/giant swallowing someone whole. A minority like me and I'm presuming the pic dude's dom are into pretending their sub is food and playing out like an episode of Hannibal.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 480x454px
>>37671245
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 257x196px
>>37669563
>fat hate threads
assblasted fatty detected
>>
>>37669532
Hate IFBB bodybuilding
Hate fat powerlifters
Hate tripsfag
Hate roiders (except Zyzz)

LOVE AESTHETICS
>>
>>37670034
>2006 was 10 years ago

>SOON I'LL BE 60 YEARS OLD
Why does time have to go by so fast :(
>>
>>37670315
>you're pumping each other up
You forgot to say no homo
>>
>>37669615
>about to write a comment
>see this
>I am literally 4 months into SS
K thanks bye
>>
I Don't see why people hate on loud guys at the gym I never make shouting noises when lifting heavy (1.5/2.5/4/5 stats) but when other guys do it doesn't bother me if it helps you squeeze that last 5% out of a set fucking do it.

People who shout on curls or baby weights should fuck off though.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.