[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are lifts I've removed from my routine and saw ZERO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: index.jpg (6KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 200x193px
These are lifts I've removed from my routine and saw ZERO loss of gains.

Note: I have been lifting since May 2012, so just over 4 years now.

>Chest Flys (all variations)
>Leg Extensions
>Leg Curls (both lying and seated)
>Seated Calf Raises (I still do Standing Calf Raises)
>Leg Press
>Heavy Dumb-bell Pressing/Pulling (For Chest & Back exercises)
>Shrugs (all variations)
>Upright rows (all variations)

-Everything I do right now is with a barbell (squats, deadlifts, bench, rows, ohp) and exercises like chin-ups, dips.

-The ONLY minor exercises I still do which I DO notice negative effects if I stop are Lateral Raises, Hammer Curls and Standing Calf Raises.

-All of the lifts I mentioned here (squats, deadlifts, bench, rows, ohp, chin-ups, dips, lateral raises, hammer curls, standing calf raises) seem to take care of my entire body. That's just 10 exercises.

-Note: It's not that I am saying those green texted lifts are useless, but from my own personal experience, after doing them for so long, and then removing them from my routine for so long....seeing zero negative effects of removing them, tells me they weren't actually doing anything to begin with.
>>
Post your body. Otherwise shut the fuck up.
>>
Post physique
>>
>>37646069
>>37646083
OP here, I'm not that lean I know
>>
File: 1.jpg (212KB, 398x571px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
212KB, 398x571px
>>37646106
pic
>>
File: May 2015.jpg (81KB, 623x415px) Image search: [Google]
May 2015.jpg
81KB, 623x415px
>>37646069
What does that have to do with it?

Even if my body is complete shit, if I removed and exercise from my routine, and saw zero negative effects of removing it, that still means the exercise wasn't doing anything.
>>
>>37646118
How much u bunch m8?
>>
File: 1465919814046.jpg (200KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1465919814046.jpg
200KB, 764x1024px
>>37646127
>>
>>37646136
That's not me, it's some random idiot troll faggot.
>>
>>37646127
What if you were some dyel fag got who's been jerk ing off for four years? How are we to trust you without any evidence of your effort?
>>
>>37646141
>le smug face

Instead of posting that stupid shit, form an actual logical argument against my reasoning.

>Remove Exercise X from routine
>See Zero negative effect of removing X from routine

How does how I personally look MATTER at all?

I already said that if I removed Hammer Curls, that I saw negative effects on my gains. Same with Side Lateral Raises, when I removed them I saw negative effects on my delts, so I put them back into the routine and the gains returned.

But for Chest Flys, I didn't see any loss in chest gains when I removed them 2 years ago at all, so why would I keep doing them? My chest is one of my best body-parts and I haven't done a fly in 2 years and removing chest flys did nothing at all to decrease the gains on my chest.

If you think my logic isn't sound, then please lay out a proper argument other than "HURRR YOU DONT LOOK LIKE A JUICED UP FITNESS MODEL WITH TOP 1% GENETICS THEREFORE ANYTHING YOU SAY IS WRONG LOL"
>>
>>37646142
How much do you b3nch press? M8
>>
>>37646154
read >>37646185

Not responding to anyone else from now unless the reply is of actual logic and reasoning instead of typical meat-head logical fallacies.
>>
>>37646199
You do realize that modified SS in the sticky is squats, deadlifts, bench, (barbell) rows, ohp, chin-ups, and dips.
>>
>>37646199
I'M NOT RESPONDING CUZ MY BUTT HURTS
>>
>>37646016
You can't lose what you've never had.
/thread
>>
>>37646247
>do chest flys for 2 years straight
>remove chest flys from routine and focus only on bench press
>chest doesn't lose any gains and keeps improving for years onwards.

Explain this :)
>>
>>37646341
You are saying that the accessory lifts are accessories to the main lifts. This is obvious.

What confuses me is why you think Lateral Raises, Hammer Curls, and Standing Calf Raises are not just as good/bad as any of the other accessory lifts.
>>
>>37646341
>eat broccoli for 21 years
>remove broccoli from diet and focus only on sweet potato
>stomach doesn't lose any gains and keeps improving for years onwards
Wew lad.
>>
>>37646127
only for your weird body you fucking pleb, it wont work for everyone else
>>
>>37646386
>What confuses me is why you think Lateral Raises, Hammer Curls, and Standing Calf Raises are not just as good/bad as any of the other accessory lifts.

I've tested removing each of those minor lifts 1 by 1 for significant amounts of time to test the waters.

The only 3 minor exercises that I 100% noticed a loss of gains with removing was those 3 exercises I mentioned, Lateral Raises, Hammer Curls and Standing Calf Raises.

At one point in time I was doing all kinds of different Curls, removing them 1 by 1 until I saw negative effects. It wasn't until I removed Hammer Curls that I saw negative effects.

Lateral Raises was a simple one because it's really the only minor exercise I do for delts. After 3-4 months of not doing lateral raises and only doing OHP/Push-Presses I def noticed a negative difference in delts, which was healed when I reintroduced side lateral raises back in again.

I use to do Leg Press for YEARS after squatting/deadlifting. Then I removed Leg Press and saw zero loss of gains in legs, and my fucking squat/deadlift actually improved. This led me to believe the leg press was a total waste of time,energy/resources.

This is all based on my personal experience, not just some bullshit I read on the internet by some hurr durr strength fag.
>>
>>37646016
You noticed "zero loss of gains" because you had zero gains to start with.
>>
Isolation exercises like flies are meant to give your chest the necessary exercise for maximum growth without overtraining other muscles like you would if you only did compounds for chest.

Lifting was intended to improve fitness, which bodybuilding is not. So most exercises do not necessarily give you gains, but strenghten your support muscles and do movements that are healthy for your body.

Everything you do does something, but if Zyzz is all you want then you can survive without every exercise in the world.

Also feeling something =/= Making progress
>>
>>37646016

shrugs seem like a bad thing to remove (how else are you hitting traps?) but yea fuck the rest
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198KB, 3000x1688px
>>37646069
Op here. I've been training for four years so I'm getting pretty big.
>>
>>37646432
Look, I am not saying those specific exercises are 100% useless and I am not telling anyone to not do them.

I am just putting it out there for people that they should perhaps try and remove a minor lift from their routine and test the waters to see if anything negative happens to their gains.

Just look at all the guys in the gym who do like 4 different types of bench and 6 different types of chest flys that look like jason blaha. Do you really think they'd look worse if they just did 1-2 types of bench and 1 type of fly?

If anything they'd probably look better because they'd be able to focus more so on a specific lift instead of dick-farting around on 10 different variations of an exercise. Worst case scenario they look the same as they did before....so what? They just saved all that effort on all those extra lifts they were doing for no extra benefit.
>>
>>37646459
I know, there was a time where I couldn't imagine not having shrugs in my routine.

Learning to deadlift and OHP properly fixed this issue though.
>>
>>37646471
nice meme

ironically that guy in your picture is the type of guy who would be doing tons of minor isolation lifts all day.

/fit/ is so out of touch
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.