[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain this: In the USA (study abroad 5 months): >feast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1384997362810.gif (802KB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
1384997362810.gif
802KB, 275x206px
Explain this:

In the USA (study abroad 5 months):
>feast on meat, diary and whatever may come in form of fast food everywhere, little to no veggies and fruit
>Literally check out every fast food joint there is, eat fast food daily
>Daily snacks from Wal-Mart, Reese is my main nigga and trust me we get down several times a day
>Cheetos side hoe but still fuqq almost daily

Norway (homeland)
>Eat healthy because fast food is expensive
>Fish, chicken, potatoes, rice covers 40% of my weekly diet
>A rare snack now and then (a handfull potatochips a day at max)
>Drink fish oil daily
>Water is of MUCH higher quality than the water in the US where I mostly drank soda

US:
Acne cleared up 100% despite shit diet, I didn't go up/down ONE pound (this is the biggest mystery, I was full every day and ate way more than back home, explain this sorcery).

Norway:
Acne is on the way back started not one week since I got back, I'm losing weight drastically even though I eat well and healthy

Everything I know about dieting has been disproved by my semester abroad, and I'm looking for some logical explanation. Excuse my English.
Mfw
>>
>>37612503
>Acne is on the way back started not one week since I got back, I'm losing weight drastically even though I eat well and healthy
You are obviously allergic to something back home.
>>
>>37612511
one word brah, climate.

where were you in the us?
>>
>>37612565
This is the first time I hear cold climate causing acne. Usually it's hot climates that do.
>>
>>37612565
I agree to some extent, I was in SC and it's a huge climate change from Norway. Still, I'm not overreacting on the facts. I did everything I could do wrong when it comes to dieting in the US, yet I had bodily benefits compared to doing everything that's right in Norway yet getting my shit handed to me..
>>
>>37612595
>SC
Constantly sweating clears the pores.
>>
>>37612606
I got there in early January when it was still kind of cold. No sweats were had until late February, benefits began 3-4 days in.
>>
File: EATSOMUCH.jpg (1MB, 3496x1638px) Image search: [Google]
EATSOMUCH.jpg
1MB, 3496x1638px
>>37612503

> Everything I know about dieting has been disproved by my semester abroad

either you don't know much or you are the type of skeleton that thinks he eats like a beast, but in reality pic related
>>
The sun clears my acne, regardless of climate. Britfag from the grey grey north here
>>
>>37612725
OP here, I highly agree with this, and it has been me for quite a while.

But for real, I am not exaggerating fast food daily, and the least I ate was twice a day but still made up for it with tons of snacks and cupcakes and shit.

I feel you on the pic but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case - which it wasn't
>>
>>37612786
Let us expand on this.

Were you more active in the States than back home?
Did you count your calories?
Were your energy levels constant or were they dynamic?
You say you are losing weight on your home diet, it is harder to gain weight on "clean foods".
What is your height, weight and bf% right now compared to States?
>>
>>37612503
Your acne coming back can have many reasons, I'm not a dermatologist, brah. I for one started getting more acne after I started cutting out saturated fats out of my diet and it became even worse when I started taking multivitamin supplements. So much about zinc reducing acne. Shit is weird as fuck. If you want to end the hassle, just annoy your dermatologist until he puts you on accutane. Only effective way to permanently lose acne.

Now about your weight loss back at home: You obviously don't eat a whole lot so when you get satiated on an american diet with lots of calorie dense food, you just ate your actual TDEE. Now you still have the same appetite at home and you probably eat the same amount of food in volume so you're just as satiated or even a bit more satiated because you knew you were probably not eating enough but since the food is far less calorie dense you lose weight and are eating below your TDEE. Easy solution. Count calories or macros.
>>
>>37612595
i was in boston couple of years back, and the humidity is completely different to finland (where i obviously am from). but all of my acne just fucking dissappeared in the us. i ate mostly like i would back home. and excercised like i would back home. weird thing but it happened.
>>
>>37612885
Were you more active in the States than back home?
>not in particular. Maybe a tiny bit more
Did you count your calories?
>I made myself hit 2000 a day and then some
Were your energy levels constant or were they dynamic?
>I slept a whole lot the first couple of months. All I did was eat a lot and sleep.
You say you are losing weight on your home diet, it is harder to gain weight on "clean foods".
What is your height, weight and bf% right now compared to States?
>H/W 5'8, 133 pounds or 175cm 62kg
>>
>>37612503
add more freedom into your diet
>>
>>37612503
dunno.. maybe you were unintentionally low-carbing? (though the sugary shit from walmart is confusing)

>be with girl who worried about cholesterol/fat. forces grains at every meal. pack on 90 pounds over 5 years
break up
>eat 80% meat, 15% dairy lose 110 pounds over 18 months.
sorcery yo.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.