[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My bench is stuck on 70 kg what do i do? I do 3x5 2 times a week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: bench_press.jpg (88KB, 482x434px) Image search: [Google]
bench_press.jpg
88KB, 482x434px
My bench is stuck on 70 kg what do i do? I do 3x5 2 times a week + accessory work.
Been stuck for 3 weeks.
>>
>>37511906
eat more. try harder.
>>
>>37511906
>3x5

More reps bro. 5x5
3 reps isnt enough.
>>
>>37511933
3x5 means three sets, five reps each
>>
>>37511938
quit nitpicking, do more reps.
>>
>>37511906
More volume. More volume. More volume.

All other advice in this thread is useless.

More volume is the answer.

Not 5x5

Follow a high volume program

Greg Nichols 28 free training programs
He has like 10 bench programs. All high volume.
>>
>>37511906
eat more and sleep more. if your stuck for over a month deload by 15% and build up again
>>
>>37511949
>>37511933
ignore these tards. You should still make gains without increased volume. Weigh yourself, if youre not steadily gaining weight you wont be able to lift more. Sleep more and eat more
>>
>>37511970
You increase the volume when you increase the weight

INCREASING VOLUME IS THE ONLY WAY TO PROGRESS

YOURE SUCH A FUCKING RETARD

actually hope you fucking get cancer so you stop posting for fucks sake
>>
>>37511970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5WhvFJ0Yj4
>>
>>37511970
>no no you bench more by getting fat and reducing your bench ROM
>no, you don't need progressive overload or to make your muscles bigger. This is actually counter intuitive

Fucking retarded Jesus christ
>>
>>37511906
Eat more. Not kidding.
>>
>>37511970

This anon is right, eat more and sleep more. To break 70kg this is more than enough.
>>
>>37512282
For fucks sake it's a shitty solution to an easy problem

Voluntarily getting fat is like putting a band aid over a bullet would

Sure your bench stroke is less so you bench more, but it's a temporary fix to an underlying issue

WHY are you summer fags afraid of doing. More than 3 sets of 5?

Fit has been absolute cancer today
>>
>>37511918
this
>>
Do a deload week and then max out on 1 rep. Also eat more and sleep more. Sounds like you're overtraining without giving your body Time to regenerate. How sore are you after your workouts and for how many days?
>>
>>37512374
I do a pplpplx starting with compounds and then more hypertrophy style accessories.
Im soar maybe 2 days after.
I eat about 3000 kcal and get 180g protein
>>
>>37512583
So you do everything but bench and wonder why your bench is stalled

K.
>>
>>37512592
I do bench first thing on my push days?
>>
>>37511906
change the workout
drop back to 65kg
focus on eccentric, take 6 full seconds to lower weight to chest
count 1-2 to push the weight back up
do 3x10 once a week, for 3 weeks.

then you will move up.
>>
arch your back to put less strain on your shoulders and emphasize your chest, only do it once a week. on a 5x5 like that you should be lifting 3 times a week with the bench set on the B A B
>>
>>37514472
with your bench being A
>>
>>37511906
Do 3x10. you're not doing enough right now.
If you have to drop to 65 or something to get your 10 reps out, you will make gains a lot faster than doing 3x5.
>>
>>37511992

I do less volume than I did when I started. My 1rm is 300lbs at 156lbs. You know absolutely nothing.
>>
>>37514489
>are you serious
>>
>>37511906
like other anons said make sure your nutrition and sleep is sound. after that analyze where your sticking point in bench is and hammer it out. if it's your lockout try floor presses, increasing tricep strength etc. i broke through my bench plateau by varying intensity, increasing volume, and trying different exercises. also make sure you add in some hypertrophy work for chest in your routine
>>
I do 3x5 bench, then 5x5 OHP at 90% on mondays
I switch it on thursdays, 3x5 OHP, 5x5 bench at 90%
Then, following monday, I'm able to do 5 more lbs on bench. OHP progresses slower desu
I add incline DB bench, one tricep workout, and sometimes another bench workout
>>
>>37512313
Fucking retard he's not saying get fat
>>
take a 4 day break
>>
>>37512592
are you dense?
>>
>>37511906
Do some technique work for bench on your off-days.
Slow reps for bar path etc.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F8footxl2S4 Try to have 2 bench days one for max rep and one for 10 reps
>>
Throw in some 7-8 rep sets with dumbbells
No idea if it helps but it feels good
>>
>>37511906
my squat stalled because my quads were too weak, or so i thought. when i looked further into the problem i realized it was sort of a confidence issue. by using a leg press i was able to train my quads what a heavier load felt like so i didn't freak when i squatted

board presses will give you the same effect. if you don't use boards then bench in a squat rack and use the safety bars to catch the bar. basically, you're decreasing the range of motion in a safe manner and giving yourself the ability to load the bar with a far heavier weight than you're used to, which allows your body to begin to adapt to it.

so, if you're struggling with 70kg you could work with 72.5-75kg on board presses once a week to acclimate your body to a higher weight
>>
>>37511906
yo fag watch your form, don't go for an angle smaller than 90^ between your biceps and forearm
>>
>inject AAS x2 week
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.