[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The sticky says doing strength exercise speeds up weight loss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: gym.jpg (237KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
gym.jpg
237KB, 960x720px
The sticky says doing strength exercise speeds up weight loss.

How can an hour of lifting weights 3 days a week have an effect on weight loss? Especially when a lot of that hour is break periods for the next set.

Seriously, I'm on a 500cal cut and I don't see 3hrs of weights a week having any effect. And if it does it must be the equivalent of less than three 25 minute runs.
>>
>>37502883
Kys
Saged
>>
>>37502883
Calories are spent on adaptation and muscle building. Lifting increases your TDEE by a bit. There isn't much difference between 3 and 6 workouts a week though because just lifting doesnt burn much on its own.
>>
>>37502883
Here's a little anecdotal stort for you, take it as you will
When I started, I was 100 kg, 182 cm. Did SS after cutting down to 85 kg. Started eating at maintainance (for me then it was 2200 kcal). After about 6 months, I noticed that I had been ever so slowly losing more weight (increased to 2400 kcal, dropped to 83 kg)
Now I am 87kg and maintainance at 2700 kg
I guess moral of the stort is the more muscle mass you build, the higher your calorie needs for maintainance
>>
>>37502957
I just don't believe your maintenance increased by 300 calories a day, just because of an increase in muscle mass. More likely you are just more active.
>>
>>37502883
What the fuck is wrong with these whores? Is it just impossible for them to enjoy having ice cream with their friends without trying to get as much attention as possible?
>>
>>37503745

That's really just how most upcoming generation women behave.

It's the:

>look at me, I'm doing something interesting and exciting

Picture, so that whichever boy their age is looking at them will think "that's cute, and one of them totally looks like she'll suck my dick." Thus, them getting picked up.

>What the fuck is wrong with these whores?

Is your question. They're whores anon. They do what whores do; actions that denote a need for attention, in return for providing a service, such as blowjobs or spreading their legs.
>>
>>37502883
works for me, once I switched to 5x5 I eat more and loose weight faster then when doing brosplit,I also feel less hungry
I'm on a cut for 16 months now
I also started varying calories: 2200-2300 on workout day, 2400-2500 day after and 2000 on Sunday (second rest day). I'm loosing 1kg per week.
So in my subjective opinion it's not bullshit, but just try it for yourself.
>>
>>37503007
kys not him but you come in here with no body telling us how our bodies work

we have experience, don't be a faggot
>>
>>37502883
I think it's also strength exercises specifically that help (low reps close to your max) and not a hypertrophy program.
>>
>>37502883
I don't care what you "believe", "see" or "feel", it works.

What's the point of this thread?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (26KB, 319x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
26KB, 319x200px
>>37503007
>I don't believe it
>>
>>37502883
Because muscles take a fair amount of energy just to maintain (which is why, if they're not being used, your body starts to break them down). The bigger your muscles are, the more energy they require to maintain. It's a simple concept.
>>
>>37503954
The required energy for muscles isnt the thing that makes you lose weight the most
Its just that moving heavy weights burn a shit ton of calories
But yeah, muscles burn calories too
But this isnt going to explain why the exercise itself changes your TDEE within a few days
>>
>>37504934
Incorrect. The guy you're quoting has it right.

The reason resistance training beats cardio for weight loss is because of an increased BMR. It's been well established by now.
>>
Fatty here, I go to the gym 3 times a week for about an hour and a half mostly lifting, if you only drink water and eat healthy and less calories you will lose weight, soon im planning to go to the gym everyday.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.