[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Want to lose weight I'm fat >Started walking everyday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: fat-guy_1434626904.jpg (90KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
fat-guy_1434626904.jpg
90KB, 600x401px
>Want to lose weight I'm fat
>Started walking everyday
>Afraid of going to gym
>Apartment complex has a "fitness center" with a treadmill, bicycle machine, and a machine similar to a Bowflex
>Don't know how to use any of it effectively
>Sorry for this thread
>Help...

Pic not related
>>
Hop on the treadmill and just run, ffs. It's not rocket science
>>
What were you expecting when you started this thread? That somebody here would go over to your house, pick you up and drive you to the gym? Nobody here can help you, fatass.
>>
Start running and stop eating shitty.
>>
Thank you...
>>
Should I be doing splits instead of stuff like starting strength if I am able to go to the gym every day? are splits it more effective?
>>
>>37502867
I was scared of going out to run but that fear diminished after a few runs because I started feeling good about myself. Maybe going to the gym will be like that for you..
>>
Eat less
>>
>>37502867
READ THE STICKY
E
A
D

T
H
E

S
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>37503682
No, do ss, don't hit the gym every day, you'll make more gains as a beginner
>>
I did read the sticky...
>>
>>37502867
stretch and run cunt
>>
Get a jump rope for the days that your legs are too soar from running, its a great way to not miss out on cardio if you get into running (like me)
>>
>>37502867
The best way to lose weight is to count calories. Count them obsessively. If you got fat, it means you're probably naturally hungry, and your brain will automatically undercount all calories if it can. You need to weigh everything you eat that isn't prepackaged.

There are ways to calculate the right number of calories for you, but I'd say just go ahead and start out around 1750 a day if you're a man. Raise it a little if you lose a lot more than a pound a week, lower it if you lose less.

The very best thing is to actually make a graph of your daily weight, and track the average trend of that line, instead of thinking too hard about specific day to day weight.

Walking a little every day is the perfect exercise to compliment weight loss. Once you've lost a significant amount of weight, I'd recommend starting a strength training program. Starting Strength is a pretty solid choice for your first 3-9 months.

>>37503682
Starting Strength's example beginner routine is a full body every other day routine, but there are variations of it (in the latest edition of Practical Programming, for instance) that are splits. That's not a very important distinction. It's trivia, basically.
If you're doing a beginner program correctly, then whether you're going three days a week or six, you'll still basically be spending the same amount of time in the gym. An important thing to remember is that muscles don't grow when you work them out (well, blood gets pumped into them, so they do look bigger right after you work out), they grow when they repair themselves after you work out.

Good luck.
>>
>>37503715
This. If you just keep on going you will feel better and not give a fuck anymore
>>
So what exactly do I do with the bowflex machine?
>>
>>37504592
replace it with a power rack and deadlift station
>>
Your apartment block sounds comfy. There's always starters in the gym.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.