[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, autismo chubbyfag here. I'm going to start visiting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1465254326097.jpg (739KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465254326097.jpg
739KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /fit/, autismo chubbyfag here. I'm going to start visiting my local gym soon and had a couple important questions.

1. What's my ideal workout routine for slimming down belly fat? That's my biggest concern right now.

2. If I go alone and want to bench press, how do I find a spotter? Never done gym stuff before and again, I'm pretty autismo, so social stuff is pretty foreign to me. Do I just find someone and ask?

Pic related, belly I'm trying to get rid of.
>>
1. Read the sticky
2. See above.
>>
Well firstly, READ THE FUCKING STICKY YOU STUPID FAT FUCK.

Secondly, you don't need a spotter. At any decent gym you'll be able to bench in a half-rack, which has safeties.
>>
read the sticky

in tubbies defense tho, if he were a girl he would get solid advice and 200 replies
>>
>Visiting
Don't just visit tubbs, actually go in there and use the equipment. It'll change your life.
Also read the sticky
>>
Ok guess I'll read the sticky.
>>
use dumbells instead of barbells for press
>>
>>37461292
READ THE FUCKING STICKY.
ALL OF IT.

To answer your second question, yes you can generally ask but you need to know that a spotter is only there to help keep you safer, give you a pair of eyes for form corrections, and to provide vocal encouragement. They should never actually touch the bar when you aren't racking or unpacking unless you are actually in danger or are stuck at the bottom.

Speaking of which you can get yourself out of being stuck. YouTube "the roll of shame. Takes a minute to learn and will allow you to get yourself unstuck. I work out at 2am most days, knowing that technique has saved my ass plenty of times.
>>
>>37461423
tbhfam its better to hook the bar on your hip and use the force of the bar to sit up, allowing you to drop it on the floor without making a stupid fucking commotion
>>
>>37461452
I stand up into a deadlift once I get it about halfway down my thighs, so it doesn't make a commotion. That said, I work out at 2am. The gym is always empty except for maybe a fat neet who does cardio and this weird powerlifter who has watched me do the roll many times now and does nothing but stop what he's doing to blankly stare at me, even the first time when I was calling out for help. It really wouldn't matter how loud it was.
>>
>>37461322
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>37461305
>>37461307
>>37461322
>>37461423
Alright I've read the sticky, this actually answered just about all questions or concerns I had. Thanks for your time and have a good day.
>>
>>37461292
1. Read the sticky.
2. I was really worried about that as well when I started, but really man as long as you make sure you're progressing correctly at 3x5 for instance, you won't kill yourself failing a rep. Also, consider, if you are repping a weight 5 times, you shouldn't be failing the first rep if you add 5 lbs. you'll feel it on the fourth rep or something, but then you should go for the fifth anyways and until you're repping 2+ pl8, I wouldn't be scared of failing a rep and hurting yourself, especially if your form is good.
I hope this makes sense, I'm at work on the phone while I'm typing this so I hope it's not all over the place
>>
>>37461536
>weird powerlifter who has watched me do the roll many times now and does nothing but stop what he's doing to blankly stare at me, even the first time when I was calling out for help

this made me laugh. have an upvote.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.