[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do y'all wear watches that have heart rate monitors and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: look at the time.png (216KB, 445x323px) Image search: [Google]
look at the time.png
216KB, 445x323px
Do y'all wear watches that have heart rate monitors and shit? I wanna get a waterproof one cause I swim, but I don't want some meme-y fitbit. What should I get?

Also ITT: general workout accessories?

Pic semi-related
>>
>>37404637
>I don't want some meme-y fitbit.
Good, don't get one. My work gave them out for free to the first 500 applicants and this thing is fucking lame. Seriously they are just overpriced pedometers with an app that is extremely inferior to MyFitnessPal. I wouldn't have even paid $10 for this thing.
>>
>>37404637
>it's popular so it's a meme

Also
>water bottle
>phone with headphones
That's literally it
>>
Just a normal terrorist watch (the one in the pic)
Simple and works.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Polar ft 7
>>
>>37404666
>That's literally it

b-but, muh heart rate monitor
>>
>>37404687
>under 100

nice, and it doesn't look like you need that stupid chest band either
>>
>>37404661
the fitbit charge HR? I thought those were pretty cool I was looking into getting one
>>
File: a fucking moron.jpg (20KB, 560x800px) Image search: [Google]
a fucking moron.jpg
20KB, 560x800px
I wish sweatbands didn't make people look like fucking morons, cause I would wear them
>>
File: 1453354885458.jpg (12KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1453354885458.jpg
12KB, 407x286px
>>37404687
Looks pleb as fuck, I'd be embarassed to wear something like that on my wrist.
>>
>>37404762
Don't, it's shit. If I was going to get any of them it'd be the Blaze HR because at least that's a smartwatch with a heart monitor. The other models are all trash.
>>
Get a fit bit or Nike fuelband.
>>
>>37404952
I think the blaze HR and charge HR have the same technology regarding the heart monitoring.
>>
File: da.jpg (120KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
da.jpg
120KB, 1200x675px
I got this as a birthday present. It's pretty baller.

It's water proof, but I don't think swimming with it would do much good, heart rate monitors are pretty much useless in situations where they can't monitor deviations in skin surface temperatures.
>>
>>37404984
They do but the Charge HR is still just an overpriced pedometer with a fucking heartrate monitor.
>>
>>37404991
how do deviations fuck up the reading? Like, the watch isn't strapped on your wrist tight enough?
>>
>>37405064
I was thinking of a different type of heart rate sensor.
The watch ones illuminate the skin and track blood flow through changes in the image, basically they track the deep colour of your skin.
When you swim the blood vessels in your extremities constrict, basically fucking up any measurements you might get.
>>
>>37405204
gotcha, thanx m8
>>
File: galaxy s3.jpg (5KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy s3.jpg
5KB, 318x159px
Do all fitness watches have some sort of phone or computer connection? Do I NEED to sync it with my phone or computer, cause I'd prefer it stand alone
>>
>>37407087
You don't need to sync it, it's just you can't download extra apps without it
>>
Pebble is releasing a fitness watch. They seem less silly than shitbits
>>
File: robo dick.png (89KB, 308x295px) Image search: [Google]
robo dick.png
89KB, 308x295px
>>37407175
pebble watches are fucking dank looking
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.