[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im getting doubts about lifting i have realised that the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: live at the internet cafe.gif (1MB, 540x302px) Image search: [Google]
live at the internet cafe.gif
1MB, 540x302px
im getting doubts about lifting
i have realised that the last reps are really uncomfortable to do. My arms are shaking, the weight goes up slower and slower, im constantly afraid of not getting the weight up
and all this for what? why cant i just lift comfy with like 4x8 or something for comfortable weight? i dont want to press my eyes out on the sixth rep of 75kg, this isnt fun to do and this is my free time, i shouldnt be doing things i dislike
>>
>>37382611
So pick up another hobby then, nerd. You'll never get anywhere if you don't work hard.
>>
>>37382611
Then stop?
>>
Nice blog OP
>I can't handle being uncomfortable
Then just don't lift, indulge in each and every little treat you ever feel like and avoid hard work at all costs.
>>
>>37382611
Lol that means you're doing it right
>>
>It was hard
>I succeeded regardless

It's almost like this is some kind of positive lifestyle
>>
>>37382611
take a week off
do some cardio (outside of the gym)
>>
File: 394419.jpg (50KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
394419.jpg
50KB, 660x495px
>>37382611
no pain, no gain you pussyclot
>>
File: 1452829368087.jpg (236KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
1452829368087.jpg
236KB, 691x625px
>>37382611
>why should I have to suffer to get things that matter? it should be easy lol

Kill yourself
>>
>>37382965
i didnt say i wanted to get things for free, im just irritated as to why it's expected to go until your muscles give out. i know it improves gains but shouldnt a hobby be something enjoyable? if it's all about gains why not just roid and continue lifting normally?
>>
Don't listen to these fucks OP. Just lift at a comfortable weight. You should be doing what you enjoy in your free time. Don't lift if you don't enjoy it.
>>
>>37383071
What program are you running? Post it
>>
>>37383071
It's what you are implying though. What is stopping you from working out light and not pushing yourself? If that's enjoyable, then do it. But you're not going to make gains

Want to make gains? Then push yourself. Boo hoo if it's not fun, nothing will make it better. A hobby for one person can be torture for another, you act like everything isn't relative.

I hate sissy cuck bitches like u, you have the mindset of a loser and you will never make it regardless of pushing yourself or not.
>>
>>37382611
if you dont like it it's impossible to do it for extended periods of time so spare yourself some trouble and stop today.

I love lifting. everyone who ever made it loves lifting.
>>
>>37383071
>implying any hobby worth doing doesn't make you want to quit at some point.

Why do you think nobody admires you for your level 99 runecrafting or your level 100 WoW character? Or why nobody thinks it's an accomplishment to have a beer with your buddies?

Fuck this guy:
>>37383107

These are the people who stagnate for years on end at the gym, continuing to look like shit despite wasting huge portions of their lives. Because they're fucking "comfortable" all the time. This is the tumblr land whale mindset.

>Hurr durr I shouldn't have to put in this much effort

Good for you. Keep being mediocre.
>>
The pain is my biggest motivation to keep on keeping on. It wouldn't be as rewarding a hobby if it was easy.
>>
>>37383121
it doesnt have a name, the PT at the gym just gave me me a bunch of exercise and im doing them all 2-3 times a week with 3 or 4 sets, 8 to 10 reps each. bench press and and isolation for arms and whatever else
>>37383177
i know i sound like what youd label a tumblr-whatever but i just dont see the appeal in putting this much effort into it only to lift one metal plate more than other lifters
i mean most other people at my gym lift less than 80kg, why does everyone here act like you should hit that amount after 3 months
>>
>>37382611
People still think they need to go to failure for gains?

Fucking retards.

It's called RPE and you should use it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.