[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to develop and maintain "old man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: jFJenBT[1].jpg (41KB, 630x419px) Image search: [Google]
jFJenBT[1].jpg
41KB, 630x419px
What's the best way to develop and maintain "old man strength" during one's 60's and 70's? That's still decades away, but what's the best way to develop the whole farmer-style grip-strength thing if you don't actually work on a farm?
>>
HGH
>>
>>37312524
hard fucking work faggot
>>
Literally have been around these people my whole life. Really the only way is to work a physical job all day every day for decades.
>>
>>37312524

Hard fucking work every day of your life and the second you stop you realize how much you enjoyed going out and doing something, accomplishing a goal.

Also you're a fucking slim jim faggot and grandma thinks you're gay.
>>
>>37312725
That sounds pretty hard. What are some shortcuts?
>>
>>37312524
develop and then maintain? aside from necessary supplements and diet, how about one in their 60s and 70s begins by reading the sticky?
>>
>>37312797
lol not working a physically labor intensive job and lifting on your off time?
>>
>>37312524
Physical labor job 5x8
Working outdoors 3x4
Building things with your own hands 2x5
>>
>>37312807
That's useful for general bodybuilding and muscle development, but I'm talking more about the specific sort of strength seen in farmers, particularly older farmers who seem able to maintain way more of their strength than most men their age.

Specifically, the extraordinary grip-strength a lot of those guys seem to have, along with the famous "iron hands" - generally thick and robust finger-bones that can take a hell of a beating and keep working.
>>
>>37312866

They maintain it because they never stopped using it. Its the same phenomenon you see with older than dirt powerlifters in the mummification age class who still pull more than most younger gymgoers.
>>
The guy I work with is 61 this year, has full dad mode bod and stache. Works harder than people in their 20s. Anyway, eat the following one night a week: roast beef, roast pork, steak. Snort coke between years 18-24. Work hard. Use your hands to work 8 hours a day
>>
>>37312866
the best things to do to look like those guys are to do those same activities. obviously this isn't a reality so the next best thing to do is to mimick those activities. once the person has developed the ability to perform the exercise with good form then they can up the load and time. this will be much much less intense than what farmers their age do.

the thing is is that those guys have been working for decades. it's like taking someone who has been lifting for 20 or so years and a newcomer age 16 starts trying to do the same things in order to look like the much older guy. i mean the path is going to have to be different for every individual. but the point is the physique. those farmers have maintained their looks because of time.
>>
>>37312524
My dad works a fairly labor intensive job (aircraft mechanic) but he has also lifted since high school. He has the big manly farmer style hands. I think it's an aging thing. The skin gradually gets worn down and swollen. I don't think there's any way to fake it except to just lift for years and do work. I started lifting 6 months ago and my hands have already gotten noticeably bigger/fatter.
>>
>>37312934
I can't go on with just one meal a week pal
>>
I will give you my grandfather's routine:
Enlist in the Navy during WWII at age 17
Work as a highway patrol officer for 20 years
Retire
Wake up at 4 AM every morning to go dig for geoducks at low tide
Clean geoducks
Use geoduck guts to go poke pole fishing at low tide
Clean rock fish
Play slow pitch softball
Drink martinis and BBQ with best buds
Watch classic movies
Sleep 6 hours
Repeat

Now days he does less clamming and fishing. Instead he walks his dog and goes to the gym to lift. Dude is 88 and can still sprint around all 4 bases. 100% savage.
>>
It's weird, my grandfather was an air traffic controller and was never into sports, yet he still has those dad forearms and is in great shape for 80-something.

I'm convinced the food was different back then or something.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.