[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on planetfitness, /fit/. Why shouldnt i join? Its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: mq1.jpg (14KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
mq1.jpg
14KB, 240x240px
Redpill me on planetfitness, /fit/. Why shouldnt i join? Its only 10$ a month, 24 hours, and they have free food (skellu here)
>>
You will literally get in trouble for lifting weights. Can work fine if you're a newbie, before you get to real weights.
>>
>>36987785
>You will literally get in trouble for lifting weights.

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>36987751
No fucking barbell

No deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, squat, rows

You basically might as well not lift, because if you go to PF, then you don't even
>>
>>36987808
If you grunt or drop the dumbells/weights a alarm will go off and that's it
>>
And everything's purple. Not a good purple either. A very girly purple. A cartoon penis glans purple.
>>
They have no barbells, only smith.
You ever tried to dl or bench a smith? Shits wack
>>
>>36987864
>>36987918

Just get it OP. All these fucking try hards think you need all those meme exercises to look good. You can achieve the same amount of aesthetics and strength doing smiths and keeping your diet in check.
>>
>>36987864

Do they have dumbells?
>>
If they catch you trying too hard they make you cross dress & the girls at the gym peg you till you do cumsies in you chastity cage.
>>
>>36987918
i went to PF for my first year of lifting, never once heard the alarm go off. I dropped weights all the time there, its pretty much just used for retards that go there just to cause a ruckus.
>>
File: mkNmDUQ.jpg (58KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
mkNmDUQ.jpg
58KB, 540x960px
If this doesn't convince you tha PF is shit for anyone that lifts, then you are hopeless. PF is a cardio and wimp gym.
>>
>>36987997
Smith Machines?
>I think you mean Delt and Shoulder and ROM destroyers
>>
>>36988023
This. You can at least do split squats dumbbell ohp, one leg deads
>>
>>36988115

>no super setting

So do they have someone who makes sure that patrons only do one exercise at a time? Or is there a minimum length of time that must be spent between sets?

I'm genuinely curious now
>>
If you're completely new to lifting then PF is a good start, as soon as you lift for more than 3-6 months, you should have at least some basic understanding of what to do and then you can join an actual real Gym
>>
>>36988182

nigga fuck people who superset, it's basically that asshole who claims 2-3 benches/machines at the same time when the gym is fucking packed already

im sure they dont give a fuck if you have 2 sets of dumb bells and one bench, but i see cats with like 15 random dbs sitting around them
>>
File: file.png (151KB, 350x344px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
151KB, 350x344px
free pizza and bagles tho
>>
>>36987955
Not OP, but I actually did attempt SS using the Smith machine when I first started lifting. It didn't seem bad at the time, it was cheap and better than nothing.

...til I joined a real gym and had to teach myself the lifts again, and almost fell on my ass first time I tried to barbell squat.

It could be feasible in a pinch, definitely not ideal t.b.h f.a.m
>>
File: 4pl8.jpg (44KB, 480x851px) Image search: [Google]
4pl8.jpg
44KB, 480x851px
>>
>>36989402
I did this but with ohp and deadlift with a barbell instead of going to a real gym and it was the biggest waste of 1.5 years of training ever, go and find the most hardcore gym in your city and join up there to learn. Being put around people who have been in the game for ages will help you so much more
>>
>>36988063
and they dont charge extra for this?
>sign me up
>>
>>36989486
What's the problem with this? You're complaining that a gym that is designed to cater to beginners doesn't cater to bodybuilders. Join a real gym and let the fatties go to PF. No point laughing at PF when they're the ones making millions off fatsos
>>
>>36989829
are there power-lifting gyms that don't allow you to lift less than 1 plate?
>sorry, we don't cater to weak people here you fucking loser!
>>
>>36989868
there should be. same for the crossfit faggots
>>
come the fuck on OP
>>
this is literally a mcdonalds playground for adults, is THIS WHO U WANT TO BE
>>
>>36987751

I would get it if it was really close by and a better gym was way far.

Mostly because no barbells, no squat rack and the dumbbells only go to 60lbs. :/ I'd max out on a lot of machines really fast but bro free pizza every first Monday of the month.
>>
ITT: no life faggots complaining about causal gyms made for casual people

Is this /v/?
>>
>>36987751
It really depends on the pf near you as they are franchises. I went to the one by me in between semesters and before I had enough cash for home gym master race. Honestly it wasn't that bad:
-never heard the link alarm
- only one barbell but I would snatch that shit up asap and do my thing.
Most everyone there was old as fuck and liked to watch my form lol
The cable set up wasn't bad desu senpai- pretty legit for ten bucks imo. Plus side was I got to watch the fatties waddle in on pizza day; I swear there would be 10 fatties every time that literally only had memberships for that one day a month
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.