[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi guys. i'm tall. when i OHP the same weight as someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1461529290504.jpg (41KB, 640x622px) Image search: [Google]
1461529290504.jpg
41KB, 640x622px
hi guys. i'm tall. when i OHP the same weight as someone short am i stronger because i have to lift the weight higher off the ground.

thanks guys love you
>>
it is harder for you, but you aren't stronger
>>
Yes. Same philosophy applies to bench, deadlift, etc.

Taller people lifting the same weight as little people = Taller person is stronger because he has to cover more distance
>>
>>36967839
if it's harder how am i not stronger. there is more gravity pulling the weight to the ground when higher = more weight?
>>
this is relative to how you want to measure it.
>>
i would assume a short persons 1RM would be slightly higher than a taller persons on the OHP if they both have the same 5RM

does that make sense. OP here high very high plz gentl.

>>36967846
i thought so but >>36967881
still has a good point though. see previous paragraph also
>>
>>36967812
For the same weight, lifting a weight higher, requires more energy.

But there's a lot of variations for bone structure, muscle insertion, etc.

So it's not really cut and dry between two different people.
>>
>>36967916
that's true. but using height is the best way to measure it as you could calculate the resistance the higher you go.

also, are tall people suppose to do the exact same ROM as manlets, or more, or less?
>>
also, if i am lifting with no pain or injury am i still at risk for fucking my joints up long term even though i don't feel anything right now if my form is bad?
>>
>>36967963
no pain doesn't necessarily imply no injury. depending on muscle strength/weaknesses and over/under-compensating for things in your lifts/movements, you may snap some shit up or give yourself some odd injury. other factors are applicable.
>>
>>36967901
if you do the same movement with the same weight and you lift it higher than the guy next to you then you are doing more work because of the range of motion. also the weight is relative to your weight and their weight. so from this example we can now determine how you want to measure strength.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.