[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm poor as shit, but I want to eat well. wat do my biggest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I'm poor as shit, but I want to eat well.
wat do

my biggest problem is all my friends knowing I don't have much money, so they often take me out with them to pizza places and whatnot so I can eat. Pizza is not good for cutting but I can't refuse either, and I can't exactly ask them to buy me a salad instead.
Almost the same situation with my parents and relatives as well. They invite me to dinner and usually serve some fatty, horrible shit that is better than starving.
i'm not gonna make it /fit/
>>
>>36931666
have one slice, have some water, have a diet drink. get a job, buy small snacks, dieting isnt about starving its about eating at the right times. make sure youre in your caloric deficit or surplus
>>
File: 1460507635295.jpg (431KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1460507635295.jpg
431KB, 3264x2448px
Well.....don't eat as much, as much as it sucks NOT to down a whole large pizza by yourself,just take 1 or 3, 4 max slices. Watch the calories, and you should be OK, flame on little candle
>>
>>36931666
what? you can just tell them you're cutting, you sohuld really be making confidence gains
>>
>>36931686
I have a job.
>>
You don't need to eat fucking golden avocados to be healthy.

Chicken breast, veggies, eggs, beans, rice are just as cheap as anything else.

You are an adult and you know this.
>>
>>36931704
Doing what ?

If you have to rely on friends and family this often just to get a meal then I think you have some priorities to straighten out.
>>
>>36932161
It's the norwegian school system that's causing my trouble. I didn't qualify for an apprenticeship so my school put me into a workplace, but instead of a salary I can apply for a stipend since I am technically still in school. My stiped is 4900kr, while my rent is 4500kr (which is ridiculously low), leaving me 400kr for food every month. Since I am already working full time I can't get another job on account of being a minor (it's illegal to work more than x number of hours)
>>
>>36932240
Stay with your parents if you are a minor and not financially independent. Don't be a dumbass, pay a few of the bills for your parents and help around the house. Once you get a real job then live independently
>>
>>36932240
hello ahmed
>>
>>36932240
>4500kr (which is ridiculously low)
You live in central Oslo or do you have a whole apartment to yourself? Find a cheaper place to live or get a roomie you faggot.

>leaving me 400kr for food every month
legumes and rice are cheap as fuck
tuna is 3.50 kr a can
eggs are 20 kr for 12
carrots and onions are insanely cheap and are healthy
>>
File: 1459386699526.jpg (913KB, 1218x2643px) Image search: [Google]
1459386699526.jpg
913KB, 1218x2643px
Broham, op, listen to me because im about to drop a knowledge bomb thats gonna change your life. Chew your food, its as simple as that, chew each mouthfull at least 20 times before swallowing, i go for 40-50, seriously sempai just slow down how you eat. Take a drink between mouthfulls and put down the slice as you chew.

I used to be able to smash a family pizza on my own but since i slowed shit down i have like 2-3 slices and im full, plus i keep within my daily calories.

Cheap food, rice, lentils and dried beans, its usually cheaper in terms of serves to buy dried beans and just prepare them yourself, soak them overnight in cold water then simmer them on a stove for about 40mins till theyre fork tender.

Carrots and onions are good to add flavour to things, finely dice and saute till tender before mixing into rice, afterwards cook the rice as normal. Low soduim stock cubes add flavour to rice and beans as well. Get some cheap spices, use them in just about everything because fuck bland food.

Eggs, eggs are a gift from the gods, boil (soft, hard, whatever) like 6 of them at the start of the week, peel them and keep them in an airtight container in your fridge, snack as needed.

Cheap protein, you have some eggs, if you can get some lean beef mince your world will open up, combine that with basically the rest of the shit ive mentioned (beans, onions, carrots and spices) guess what motherfucker youve got chilli for the rest of the week, serve with some stock cube rice, oh hot damn your eating like a king for under a buck a serve (if you shop right).

Set a budget. Shop around, buy what you need for the week and save whatevers left over. Build a pantry of cheap sauces, they add flavour and make shit taste better.
>>
>>36932764
I like this pasta. It is nice pasta.
>>
>>36931666
Homeless kitchens and church food thingies
>>
>>36931666
soups and broths my friend
just go to basics
chicken
rice
and cheapo vegetables
honestly no need for any complications
if it gets bland try some sauces
as long as its powerful enough so you dont need enough it wont affect your diet

buy in bulk and refrigerate/freeze
dont buy junk food
dont buy anything processed past a point
canned food is generally cheap too, especially in bulk
>>
>>36932488
>saying 4500 kr per month in central Oslo is expensive

Either you are a) not Norwegian, b) Norwegian but have no idea about rent prices because you still live in your parents' basement. 4500 kr IS dirt cheap, even in a shared flat.

The only place 4500 kr would be expensive is in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>36932860
I live in Bergen, one room in the city center for 4000 kr. If I wanted to I could live outside the city center and pay anything from 2500 to 3500 for the same living space.
The only way 4500 is cheap is if it is in Oslo or if it's an apartment.
OP should look for a new place to live. If he is a poorfag/studentfag then he should settle for a smaller living space so he can afford food.
>>
>>36932764
Ritz crackers? Legit? I fucking love me some of them with some cabana, like I eat that shit up.

Is that legit?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.