[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do cycling fags think they're the only ones who are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2016-04-24-20-02-30.png (248KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-24-20-02-30.png
248KB, 480x800px
Why do cycling fags think they're the only ones who are healthy and fit ? Enjoy increased chances of ED fags.
>>
why would u get ed
>>
Like most sub-cultures, they think their subculture holds some key to spiritual and physical enlightenment.

>"maaan, you just don't know what it's like to be human until you're 30 kilos into an intense hill sprint on the last gear maaaan."
>>
>>36915207
>cardio

how the fuck do people stick with this shit? i want to quit running about 10 minutes before i start and most runners say 'i hate it but love it lmao' so why not just do something you actually like? they treat it like they do it for a purpose and not for enjoyment and i don't get it
>>
>>36915207
ahahahahahah fucking this
>>
>>36915225
I'm pretty sure some people's brains are just wired differently. I've "picked up" running a handful of times. At least twice I broke through that horrible initial slog of having no cardio/wind. And I still hated it. Got no enjoyment from it. No runner's high, etc. I haven't read into the science of it but some people seem to have a mental and physical pleasure from it. We aren't those people.
>>
>>36915256
yeah i tried it and the best mile i ever got was like 6:32 which was about a minute more than most of the other people, and i was trying really fucking hard

hated every second of wanting to vomit, also it's not like you look like you can run fast when ur not running, u just look like a twink shit
>>
>Increase muscle tone
>>
I enjoy cycling, it feels nice and refreshing, not as exhausting as running, get you to places.
>>
>>36915164
>>36915180
ED as a result of extended saddle time was a myth that never had any scientific credibility and has been thoroughly debunked for more than 20 years. If you put all your weight on the nose of your saddle or something it is possible to reduce circulation to your genitals, but it turns out that people generally don't do that because it's really fucking uncomfortable.

There is a feeling among cyclists that cycling is among the healthiest sports, which not necessarily the same as feeling like it's the only way to stay healthy, because it's way less hard on your body than most sports that rival it in terms of physical strenuousness. Most avid cyclists can continue to ride well into old age, whereas athletes in other sports are far more likely to have dropped out by middle age due to injuries or whatever. It's a lot more common to see a 60-something year old flying down some singletrack than it is to see them excelling physically at just about anything else.

Cycling is also one of the easiest sports to build a lifestyle around.
>>
>>36915583
im gonna make sure to have a nice comfy seat if i ever decide to cycle.
>>
>>36915225

i love cycling, but i get off on running.

cardio is not about cardio, its about zening the fuck out in nature. fuck running on concrete, absolutely fuck that. trail running is da bomb. all one with nature and shit.

stop pushing yourself so hard during early cardio, you need to build a base.

problem with cycling is muh knees.

>anyone who uses headphones while running or cycling needs to check their materialism.
>>
>>36915610
What you want is actually a thin, hard seat that fits you well, and to be in good enough shape that a lot of your weight stays on your feet.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/saddles.html
>>
File: great.jpg (123KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
great.jpg
123KB, 500x332px
>>36915164
Cycling is fun, gives me energy is faster than walking and.....
>>
File: 1433604923195.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1433604923195.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>36915164
>Not being a cyclist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFFrsvgu1Y
>>
I'll say this for cyclists, they actually get a useful skill out of their cardio. When people talk about strength vs cardio I always ask
> When was the last time you actually had to run real far? And when was the last time you had to pick up something real heavy?
But with a bike you can actually go reasonable distances at a reasonable speed to get shit done.
>>
Cycling is great, and a good workout you can do on your way to work/school. The problem is that it's really easy to overestimate the amount of exercise you do, especially when you're experienced and efficient managing gears. If you live in a plain city without slopes and ramps, you barely do a little bit more effort on a bike than just walking, and you should stop on traffic lights and stuff if you don't want cars fucking mad at you. "Muh heartrate" is not an excuse for being a dick on wheels, go to a fucking closed track if you need to.
>>
>>36915164
>saves animals

fucking how
>>
File: 1455556753327.jpg (155KB, 638x644px) Image search: [Google]
1455556753327.jpg
155KB, 638x644px
>>36915643
Repping bike God Sheldon
>>
>>36916684
Dear God it's been a long time since I watched Monkey Dust
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.