[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I realize this isn't fitness related, but this also used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: 53748881[1].jpg (42KB, 315x461px) Image search: [Google]
53748881[1].jpg
42KB, 315x461px
I realize this isn't fitness related, but this also used to be a health board, so let's try it.

Do you guys use shampoo every time you shower, or for that matter conditioner?
I've heard that shampoo actually fucks with the oils in your hair and it's better get rid of it entirely
Just curious what you all do. If you've noticed good results with no shampoo feel free to post pics.
>>
i did no poo for like a year. loved it. hair used to be really itchy and not look good, stopped being itchy and i liked how it looked. never looked greasy or anything.
now i poo twice a week, bcos i'm not natty and my hair is shedding D:
>>
I use baking soda once a week lad.
>>
>using the hair jew
do you really want your testosterone levels lowered by the parabens and xenoestrogens in it?
>>
>>36890418
My hair looks and feels like shit without a shampoo. No volume, softness or natural light color.
I never used a conditioner and have no idea what the hell it is
>>
>>36890483
not sure if trolling and will make my hair fall out or not
>>
>>36890498
OY FUCKING GEVALT
>>
>>36890505
You must be underage to be this retarded.

What exactly the fuck do you think is in sodium bicarbonate?

It has a basic Ph so it removes excess oil from your hair retard.
>>
>>36890520
Alright, fuckface I'm not a chem major.
>>
>>36890520
>>36890535
>6th grade science
>chem major
>>
I shampoo one or twice a week. I use a lot of products so I need to get rid of the buildup every now and then but I try to avoid it
>>
>>36890418
I wash it with shampoo 2-3 times a week. Just so my scalp won't smell sweaty most of the week.
>>
>>36890582
This.
Shampooing every time i showered just dried out my scalp and caused flakes.
I do condition every time though.
>>
>>36890571
Right
>>
>>36890418

Head n shoulders causes male pattern baldness
>>
>>36890418
Normal healthy people wash, including their hair. Don't fall for the trolls and the memes here that will try to convince you to just wet yourself down then dry off, they want you to be dirty and smell like ass all the time because they think it's funny. Being considered the dirty smelly guy isn't so funny though, it's literally a stink that doesn't wash off you easily.
>>
i dont use shampoo or conditioner.
shower like 6 days a week. half of them navy shower. i use soap. plan to start makiign my own soap. no weird lotions, creams, etc, all natty. soap. i wash my hair with soap. i brush teetth, no deodorant. after drying after shower i put a lil bi carb soda on my armpits and soemtimes in my arse or on my balls.
>>
>>36890753
How's the NEET life, anon?
>>
>>36890691
>Being considered the dirty smelly guy isn't so funny though, it's literally a stink that doesn't wash off you easily.
As long as you're /fit/ and have a good face you can get away with it.
>I just got done with the gym brah
>O-Okay..
>>
>>36890418
I use a bar of Soap every day and Shampoo once every 3 or 4 days.
Seems to work best for me.
>>
>>36890418
how often one needs to wash their hair depends on the person, whats your reason to go shampoo-free?
>>
File: o011.jpg (74KB, 552x494px) Image search: [Google]
o011.jpg
74KB, 552x494px
>>36890418
Head & Shoulders is fucking amazing desu
>always had dandruff as a kid
>older sister even joked about it, patting my head and saying that it's snowing
>moved to Canada, dryer air
>start using Head & Shoulders
>dandruff stays off for days
>no snowing incidents occurred since
>sister got bored so she started teasing my weight
>start playing soccer and lifting in high school, weight literally melts off
>obtain scholarship into uni
>sister got pissed that I no longer have any faults
>now I'm in grad school and she's a real estate agent
>she constantly tells me to "get an actual job"
>she even backed out of our mum's plan to buy us a house for us to split the mortgage
>we get more and more distant as time passes on
>eventually we stopped talking to each other altogether
>some days I even forgot that I have a sister

Yeah anyways Head & Shoulders is GOAT.
>>
>>36890418
>Do you guys use shampoo every time you shower, or for that matter conditioner?

Of course I don't, I'm not a fucking idiot.
>>
>>36890418

I use Head & Shoulders every time I shower. I wash my hair every day and shower my body every time I work out.

The oil thing is true, but it's at the cost of looking seriously unclean, so fuck it.

Ever since I've used HS, I've never never gone back.
>>
File: 1357934634114.jpg (13KB, 288x344px) Image search: [Google]
1357934634114.jpg
13KB, 288x344px
>>36890475
>i did no poo for like a year.
>>
File: punched lasagna.jpg (32KB, 960x546px) Image search: [Google]
punched lasagna.jpg
32KB, 960x546px
>>36890475
>i did no poo for like a year.

original
>>
>>36890418
My hair looks about 1000 times better when I don't shampoo it.

That being said, there is such a thing as overdoing it, so I shampoo twice a week (usually sundays and thursdays, so I look good again by the start of the week/weekend respectively), and just use pomade on those days.
>>
>>36890418
Only use them once every 10 days.
You should be changing your sheets at least once a month
and combing your hair every day.
>>
/fa/ here.

I never fucking wash, it's fucking icky and makes me feel fat which upsets me.

Real men like me don't need what the mainstream tells us to do.
>>
>>36891064
So when do you meet her again after many years and fuck?
>>
>>36890418
I have stopped using shampoo. I just shower with not too warm water and my hair and skin has never been healthier. Your body is not meant to get all those chemicals rubbed in it
>>
>>36893426
Curly hair?
I know the feel. Freshly washed my hair is terrible looking. I just wash it every couple of days and whack on a conditioner.
>>
>>36890672
You know what else causes male pattern baldness? Being male
>>
>>36891064
So basically she bullied you into self improvement your whole life, and you only see the bad side of it.
>>
>>36893864
Washing your hair makes you feel fat? Maybe you should lose some weight senpai
>>
>>36890418
>>I've heard that shampoo actually fucks with the oils in your hair and it's better get rid of it entirely
Exact, pick a shampoo with no SLS, SLES, ALS, parabens.
>there's none
Castille olive oil soap
>but olive is greasy
No

Additionally, you can use henna (really dark ones with no red components are available), it won't really switch your hair colour if you use it once a month but you will feel you hair ticker. As a matter of fact, it creates a protective layer around the hair.
>>
>>36890483
This is legit. Baking soda once a week is good for the hair and helps with dandruff. I don't use any products, just rinse with cool water. Hair feels thicker and healthier
>>
>>36890418
>I've heard that shampoo actually fucks with the oils in your hair and it's better get rid of it entirely
are you a woman?
>>
>>36890483
>baking soda
>>36894518
>Baking soda
There's this meme, in skin and hair healthcare. Bicarbonate on skin is wrong. Utterly wrong. It will completely fuck up your skin. Bicarbonate belongs to the kitchen.
>>
>>36890505
I reduced my shampoo usage and my dandruff and minor hairloss basically stopped/reversed itself
>>
I use it once in 2-3 days. Water temperature is important as well. I start with steaming hot water, then after a couple of minutes I switch to the blue end trying to stay relaxed and comfortable.
>>
File: 1266575928626.jpg (63KB, 600x790px) Image search: [Google]
1266575928626.jpg
63KB, 600x790px
>shampoo
I'll just leave this here.
http://pastebin.com/SNZLQTaD
>>
>>36890498
State your reasoning kind anon
>>
>>36894959
See >>36894948, the section about shampoos and soaps.
>>
I haven't used shampoo in over a year now.
I usually keep my hair short though so even if it was greasy I couldn't tell.
>>
>>36894948
I feel like that entire thing requires a [citation needed]
>>
>>36894948
>citation need - the pastebin
>>
File: yet another conspirancy.png (112KB, 877x2078px) Image search: [Google]
yet another conspirancy.png
112KB, 877x2078px
>>36894948
Linking pastebin is considered harmful. If you really can't help it, link the "raw" version of the paste.

I fell most of that is FUD, still there are some reasonable memes.
Here, have a more appropriate PNG.
>>
>>36895078
>>36895090
Search engines are your friend. Research each of the substances mentioned.
>>
>>36895106
Thanks.
>>
>>36893328
Same. I shower every day but only use shampoo Monday Wednesday Friday Sunday. I had really bad dandruff and got teased for it in high school. Started using head and shoulders until I was found the main ingredient and now I use my local supermarkets generic.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.