[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else here /veganmasterrace/ >mfw bench went from 135 lbs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 9

File: 1455251375778.png (244KB, 388x332px) Image search: [Google]
1455251375778.png
244KB, 388x332px
who else here /veganmasterrace/
>mfw bench went from 135 lbs to 225 in a month due to my delicious whole foods plant based vegan diet
>>
File: pyrros dimas 6.jpg (11KB, 275x284px) Image search: [Google]
pyrros dimas 6.jpg
11KB, 275x284px
>>36862224
> he think his gains is due to his vegan diet
>>
>>36862224
who else here /carnivoremasterrace/
>mfw bench went from 135 to 225 in one week due to holistic consumption of mammals
>>
>>36862472
>checking in
I too have experienced similar gains on this new meat stuff
>>
>>36862224
>he spends all his money at Whole Foods
>literally the most expensive market on the planet
>Vegancucks confirmed for cripplingly massive mental retardation
>>
>>36862224
>being low test by choice
>>
>>36862760

>thinks the phrase "whole foods" actually refers to Whole Foods Market
>>
who else here /solarmasterrace/
>mfw bench went from 135 lbs to 225 in a day due to consuming the powerful radiation from solar rays
>>
>>36862224

And I weigh 300 pounds with visible abs. See how easy it is to lie on the internet?
>>
>>36863088
What else would it refer to? Honestly
>>
>>36863170
Praise the sun

Can someone red pill me on veganism? Still am not convinced. Seems unhealthy desu
>>
>>36863731
ecologically it's more energy efficient to consume plants because there's a lot of wasted energy in feeding animals

vegans tend to avoid animal products because they believe them to be unhealthy? and animal rights.

also something about since we're not dependent on eating animals we shouldn't
>>
>>36863899
Uh nah still not convinced thanks tho senpai
>>
>>36862472
>>36862540
>not eating raw meat
wew lad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9g_EGbnfxo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E98CXkg_UXo
>>
i turned vegan 2 months ago. since then, my bench has increased by 50 lbs, by deadlift is up 60 lbs and my dick grew 2 inches.
>>
>>36863899
>better for the environment
>better for your own health
>stops unnecessary cruelty

what isn't convincing?
>>
>sugar-addicted fatty wanting to turn life around
>seems like the more delicious something is, the more unhealthy it is, applies to pretty much everything I've ever eaten
>for some reason meat is an exception, it's fucking delicious and good for me, woah
>...crush is vegan

So...fuck her, right? Get fit and get myself a qt who loves sausage instead?
>>
>>36864191

>meat is an exception

bad news breh....
>>
>>36864158
im not the one who needs convincing
>>
>>36863698
At least the first part of your sentence is true anon
>>
>>36864158
>better for environment
Ok I can see that but there are other ways to do your part in this like public transportation and of everyone does a little that's better than one person doing a lot

>better for health
I am a firm omnivore believer

>stops unnecessary cruelty
This is pretty good but you kill bugs don't you?
>>
>>36864210
Yes, there are plenty of good reasons to become vegan. But if you're going to tell me that chicken and tuna is not healthy, you're not a vegan, you're a zealot.
>>
>>36863718
Holy shit kid
>>
>>36864296
Ok now I see it. No I know what whole foods are. Kind of.
>>
>>36864262
Is this bait? Or are you just trying to lie to yourself like wtf watch some docu cowspiracy or earthlings or something you seem to be logical but you are still brainwashed
>>
>>36863718
I bet you're the kind of retard who finds veggies disgusting. What a dumb question.
>>
File: 2015 guidelines committee.png (611KB, 1285x1441px) Image search: [Google]
2015 guidelines committee.png
611KB, 1285x1441px
>>36864268

Why is chicken healthy senpai? And tuna isn't even a high omega-3 fish, it's just a can of industrial run-off
>>
>>36864357
Fuck you I know what they are and I don't hate veggies at all I love them I'm probably less of a picky eater than you. I bet you can't stand cow milk in your beans fag

>>36864353
No it's not bait I'm just not convinced with conspiracy videos. I feel sorry for cows but you kill bugs don't you? You're not some Buddhist monk that sweeps wherever he walks right? I mean do you ever think about plants having the right to live? Honestly. Desu
>>
>>36864268
Chicken has a shit ton of antibiotics and hormones tuna has a shit ton of heavy metals in it and over fishing has been destroying our oceans idc if you dont want to be vegan you can do whatever the fuck you want but just say it dont try to lie to yourself and others
>>
>>36864383
Lol comparing bugs to chicken cows and pork kmon son talk to me when you get through college
>>
>>36864383
>I'm probably less of a picky eater than you
Is that supposed to be a good thing? You were dumb enough not to understand what whole foods are, meaning you never prioritized or valued them enough. I bet you eat tons of processed shit.

>I bet you can't stand cow milk
Enjoy your pus, exogenous hormones and arterial plaque. I bet you're the kind of moron who thinks pasteurizing gets rid of the literal shit in cow milk. Spoiler: it's still there - it's just sanitized.

Congrats on being able to say you're not picky at the expense of literally being a shit-eater. LOL. Shouldn't expect much of someone who doesn't know what whole foods are.
>>
>>36862224
Checking in mate
Feeling alot better and cleaner my skins cleared up and feel strong af high carbs low fat is pretty wavy
>>
Okay, so you want me to be vegan. Let's see here.
>Animal rights, animal cruelty etc. etc.
I don't care, as long as I don't have to personally torture those cows, I really couldn't care less. Ever heard of out of sight, out of mind? I don't care about things that aren't in my vicinity. There are thousands of little brown kids starving in Africa, and I'd gladly eat those too, if they're nutritious and there was a food company immoral enough to deliver them to my local grocery store in a professional, discrete manner.

>You can get your nutrients without eating meat
Yes, but meat is tastier, more readily available and has no real drawbacks to me since I don't have to think about where it comes from, so why would I rely on nuts and shit instead?
>>
>>36864405
That's not a very good reply. You didn't answer the question. Do bugs have a right to live? Do plants? Or do you concede there is an order/value to certain beings and not others? And is that based on intelligence or something arbitrary?

>>36864424
I said I know what whole foods are you fag. Get off it. And you just proved my point. Your a germaphobe. You know you absorb shit all day when you're out in the world. Don't think you're pure because you're vegan. You're not. You still live in the same shit as anyone else unless you live out in the country so where in the middle of Canada you're breathing literal shit as soon as you walk out the door.

Again. I know what whole foods are and you probably are a picky little bitch eater too I can tell
>>
>>36864443
So what you want mate if eating animals makes you happy and feel good go ahead
But you are still pretty stupid
>>
>>36864424
Wow dude you're autistic. The current pasteurization methods in countries like canada actually remove about 99.9% of that shit. Go fact check your shit dumb fuck
>>
>>36864262
>Ok I can see that but there are other ways to do your part in this like public transportation and of everyone does a little that's better than one person doing a lot
How about a lot of people doing a lot? I don't get why people are content doing the bare minimum (assuming you want to? no offense if you don't, I get it). Also it isn't a lot, it's not really all that hard to do. And it's so much more effective than carpooling or whatever method of 'trying to conserve energy' you could probably think of

>I am a firm omnivore believer
Man can survive on plant based foods alone, but trying to survive on meat alone would kill you pretty quickly. you might think 'muh canine teeth', but most research suggests those are for biting through hard skinned fruits and vegtables like apples and whatnot. Gorillas have teeth sharper than dick but they're almost entirely vegan

>This is pretty good but you kill bugs don't you?
The difference between stepping on a bug and rasing and keeping a sentient animal that can feel basic (obviously not too complex, but mammals can feel basic) emotions in conditions that would get pet owners arrested for animal cruelty for a period of years (the creature's whole life) are just really really different. For that reason I eat honey, though most of my other vegan friends give me shit for it, that's really the only case in which the animals 'exploitation' isn't more cruel than stepping on a bug

You should actually just give it a shot! my friends kinda bullied me into it but once I did it it turned out to be very little skin off my back, and also it made me feel a lot better day to day, and my shits have been god tier since
>>
>>36864459
Ill entertain your stupid ass (for real dawg you are retarded)Bugs are considered pests they live they die we dont harvest bugs for food so you argument is fucking stupid,plants arent sentient another stupid fucking example you compare sentient beings to plants and bugs dude you have problems best of luck to you
>>
>>36864510
Also, about the omnivore thing, human digestion systems are way longer than 'other' ominvores, and even longer still than carnivores. The way our stomachs are laid out are closest in resembalance to herbivores. Also our bodies aren't meant to get too much cholesterol, whereas omnivores can eat enourmous amounts of it and carnivores can just pass it completely without accumulating any in their own bodies after consuming it
>>
>>36864158
It is fucking time wasting. It's already too much of a chore to prepare a meal where you can get easy proteins and everything else just by putting some eggs or chicken breasts, imagine having to do it by mixing a fucking ton of veggies? Sorry, but i care more about my time than about animals and the planet
>>
>>36864443
>not wanting to personally torture the cows you eat
really anon?
>>
>>36864563
>Sorry, but i care more about my time than about animals and the planet
Damn lol, you're a pretty big pussy. Enjoy the weakness that comes with never being able to look past yourself
>>
>>36864553
Ok all good responses and I think that you're right that raising an animal to slaughter is different if you think about it that way. I think if I knew a cow I couldn't eat it and I think that killing cows is in a way murder. But I think there are so many fucked up things about life. I'm just going to do the best I can and try to abstain from meat as much as I can. But I'll still it eat it sparingly because I am actually afraid of malnutrition

>>36864537
You're a bug crusher I can tell
>>
>>36864443
>I don't care, as long as I don't have to personally torture those cows, I really couldn't care less. Ever heard of out of sight, out of mind? I don't care about things that aren't in my vicinity.
You literaly pay the people that do it. That comparison makes no sense other than the fact that they're both objectively shitty things. One is completely out of control, but the other is something that you literally give people money to do. Read a book, or try to think more
>>
>>36864597
Why would it be a weakness?
>>
File: iS9EpQc.jpg (238KB, 810x1013px) Image search: [Google]
iS9EpQc.jpg
238KB, 810x1013px
>>36864537
That's a pretty non vegan stance, i'm an omnivore I eat meat. And I'm not the guy you're responding to.

But we totally abuse the shit out of bugs, we grab honey from bees', lets not forget silk, aboriginals gathered due produced by ants, and to be frank their are cultures who straight up eat certain insects.

You sound like a vegetarian who felt the word vegan either makes you sound older or helps you feel better about your choices.
>>
>>36864621
That's at least something. And yeah dude, look up the way they make veal and shit, and the conditions dairy cows are subjected to. It's fucking horrifying. But good for you for admitting it, when it was first brought up to me I had a response alone the lines of >>36864443 and it took me forever to grow out of it. good luck with it.
Look up stuff to do with pumpkin seeds, vega protein poweder, and Beyond Meat products (look up the beast burger, shit is so ridiculously good)
>>
>>36864563

>open can of beans
>eat with a salad

Even less work than eggs or chicken
>>
>>36864625
Yes, I pay them, I'm not saying that I condemn torturing cows, I'm saying that I would find the experience of personally torturing them unpleasant. As long as I get food without having to directly do those things, I couldn't be happier to pay them.
>>
>>36864716
i'm pretty sure there is a lot of essencial things missing in this meal
>>
>>36862224
>2016
>not switching to a chemosynthesis diet from geysers
>>
>>36864710
Alright yeah I'll do more research thanks. Those beast burgers look dank too desu
>>
>>36864728

Aside maybe from your personal enjoyment, it's a pretty good meal. Probably has twice the fiber you get in a whole day of eating.
>>
>>36864631
>why is being selfish for weak people
>why is doing what's easy instead of what's objectively good for the enviornment and doesn't require death a sign of weakness and cowardice?
>why is only caring about yourself a bad thing
>why would someone think that valuing no more than 20 minutes more of my day to prepare a meal differently over the lives of multiple animals is kind of selfish?
>>
>>36864636
No its just doesnt feel logical for me to eat meat or drink milk i dont partake in honey and not rich enough for silk label it w/e you want I just do what feels logical and right and I do feel better
>>
>>36864749
"a "salad" would not be a good source of nutrients; in a half-pound of iceberg lettuce, you won't find any vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, folate, biotin, D, E, K, nor any chromium, copper, magnesium, manganese, selenium, or zinc."

beans:Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 11% Iron 28%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 25%
Vitamin B-12 0% Magnesium 44%

So, where is my B1, B2, B3, B5, B12, folate, biotin, D, E, K, chromium, copper, magnesium, manganese, selenium, or zinc?
>>
>>36864793
Nitpicking the nutritional value of one meal, that's just more of a snack really, doesn't make sense. You really think it's not possible to get those from the countless other things vegans would eat through the course of a day? and if worse comes to worse, they could have a vitamin. I eat meat too, but come on.
>>
>>36864793

>iceberg lettuce

Is that what you normally have? I was thinking more like spinach, arugula, and beet greens. Let's go with kidney beans too. Of all the things you could claim the meal doesn't offer, a salad doesn't have vitamin K? You're trying too hard.
>>
>>36864841
Dude, i can get everything i need ONLY eating oatmeal, milk or eggs, meat, potato and fruits. This is the true meaning of practicality. What about vegans?
>>
>>36864793

>iceberg lettuce
>>
>>36864386

The oceans aren't being destroyed by tuna fishing lmao
>>
>>36864896

Post a typical day of eating
>>
>>36864765
>implying
maybe i am selfish just because i am selfish?
>>
>>36864636
Lol why do I care about what people who can barely survive so they resort to eating bugs because they dont have the means to produce anything else its really fucked up how you use their suffering as an excuse to validate you reasons to eat mean
>hurrr nig nogs eat bugs so it's ok for me to eat meat and not ok for you to be vegan durrr
Lol kmon and the whole makes you sound older?? Seriously how old are you? Im starting to think im talking to a 12yr old
>>
>>36864916
>bowl of granola, banana, milk
>2 eggs, 100g granola
>college meal(rice and beans and meat)
>2 eggs and chocolate milk
>college meal again
>>
After seeing all these meat eaters excuses for eating instead of just admitting they are illogical and do for mouth pleasure I know how vegain man feels
>>
>>36864896
I dunno it typically varies, I'm in college so my schedule isn't very strict and I usually eat whatever I can within my 4,000cal range.
But I'll usually eat 3 or so avocados with a glass of soymilk in the morning, make myself a protein shake with penut butter bananas straw/raspberry, vegan protein power, spinach and almond or soy milk, there's a middle eastern place at my school so I get a falafel sandwhich for lunch, come home and make myself quesadilas or something whatever, make myself some either black or grbanzo beans and qinoa later, then after that maybe another shake or some penut butter from a spoon, or maybe more avocados. I sometimes make more, but I usually don't feel like cooking. If I'm really feeling lazy I'll go to chipotle, get extra black beans and then sofritas. It varies a lot day to day
>>
>>36864158
> better for the environment
I will be long dead before this becomes and issue for me, and since I don't plan to have kids, I can use up the earth guilt-free. Leave it to others to figure out ways to reverse the problem.

> better for your own health
Eh. People who eat meat turn out just fine. People who are vegans seem to turn out as self-absorbed LOOK AT ME I AM A VEGAN HEY HAVE I TOLD YOU I'M A VEGAN I DON'T EAT MEAT YEAH VEGANISM IS GOOD. I don't see meat eaters going YEAH I JUST ATE MEAT HEY HAVE YOU HEARD I EAT MEAT YEAH GONNA GO SLAUGHTER AN ANIMAL

> stops unnecessary cruelty
Don't care
>>
>>36864916
That just sounds so unbelievably dull and flavorless, as well as kinda unhealthy. What's your cholesterol like?
>>
>>36864957
>illogical
>do something purely based on emotion
>"i won't eat animals because i am sad for them"

Omnivores are the most logical ones, our diets cost less, are more time efficient and are more nutrient efficient.
>>
who else here /hydroelectricmasterrace/
>mfw bench went from 135 lbs to 225 in a month due to utilization of water's kinetic energy
>>
>>36865028
i really don't care if it's dull and flavorless, all i care is the time required to make the meal and clean the dishes, if it were sold i would have a diet entirely based on human ration

and my cholesterol is pretty fine
>>
>>36865023
>>36864765

>>36864919
Ok have fun with that dude
>>
>>36864949

You better not be this guy >>36864896 >>36864793 because that's pretty bad. No wonder the first thing you thought of was iceberg lettuce when vegetables were mentioned. You don't even eat vegetables.
>>
>>36865031
I dont do based on emotions I do.it because it isnt logical lol any other attempt at trying to make yourself feel better go ahead
>>
who else here /yohimbinemasterrace/
>mfw systolic bp went from 135 to 225 in a minute due to my devotion to my cutting diet
>>
>>36865052
How is that bad? Am i not getting some essencial nutrient in my diet?
>>
>>36865050
If you replaced milk/eggs or meat with something like eggplant or mushrooms or beans you'd probably be getting almost identical macros with much much much better micros
>>
>>36862224
I don't know if vegans on fit is a meme but it's bumming me out. Why shove it in everybody's faces? It's tiring man. I can't handle the shitposting
>>
>>36864765
>>36865051
> why is being selfish for weak people?
That's a good question. Selfish people - at least mildly so - are the ones who get ahead, because they know what they want, they go out, and they get it. Why IS being selfish for weak people? Oh right, it isn't.

> why is doing what's easy instead of what's objectively good for the enviornment and doesn't require death a sign of weakness and cowardice?
Again, another good question. Why IS it considered a weakness to value your own precious time on this earth more than animals or the planet itself, which will remains LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG after you're dead.

> why is only caring about yourself a bad thing
Wow, three for three. That being said, most people don't ONLY care about themselves. People have loved ones. Parents. Partners. Friends. None of those people are getting hurt by eating meat.

> why would someone think that valuing no more than 20 minutes more of my day to prepare a meal differently over the lives of multiple animals is kind of selfish?
Because that person clearly has more free time on their hands.
>>
>>36865108
>Eggplant: Amount Per 100 grams: Protein 1 g
>mushroom: Amount Per 100 grams: Protein 3.1 g
>Egg: Amount Per 100 grams: Protein 13 g

really breh?
>>
>>36865117
This anon gets me
couldn't be bothered to answer everything though
>>
>>36865109
This is a decently civil conversation, what do you want

>>36865117
>That's a good question. Selfish people - at least mildly so - are the ones who get ahead, because they know what they want, they go out, and they get it. Why IS being selfish for weak people? Oh right, it isn't.
It's kinda hard for me to explain why doing what's esay because it's easy is weak when it's wrong and how it takes strength to do the right thing when it's difficult, because I never thought I'd actually have to. I kinda thought most people wouldn't need it explained to them. Regardless if you don't feel that eating meat is wrong, your refutal of the concept in general is mind boggling. Reading this actually made me kinda bummed out. I feel bad for you if this is the way you think
>>
>>36864386
>Chicken has a shit ton of hormones
So do you anon
>>
>>36865031
If anything you eat because of emotions gotta have that mouth pleasure right makes you feel happy when shove eat bacon and pizza no? Just admit it idk why it's so hard for you idiots to admit you do it just cause you enjoy eating pig cow and chicken stop trying to argue for something that has been proven again and again to be destructive so humans animals and the world id respect meat eaters more if they just accepted the fact that they are weak willed and blissfully ignorant
>>
>>36865205
>not knowing or caring about differences between natural and artificial hormones
>>
File: CRON-O-Meter 2014-12-08 02-31-16.png (128KB, 746x1409px) Image search: [Google]
CRON-O-Meter 2014-12-08 02-31-16.png
128KB, 746x1409px
>>36865093

According to cronometer based on what I could plug in from what you said, you're at least significantly deficient in vitamin K and vitamin C (eat some vegetables, motherfucker), very low potassium, low fiber, borderline low vitamin A, low vitamin E, niacin deficient, and not really great intake of any other nutrient. And that's just vitamins and minerals, what you eat is total shit for other health-related things like phytochemicals/antioxidants (EAT some VEGETABLES) and very high in cholesterol.

In contrast, pic is one I plugged in for myself a while ago on a day just eating some bread, lentils, fruits, and vegetables. Overloaded all my nutrients and got tons of secondary benefits from the healthy compounds in all the plant foods.
>>
>>36865203
Oh anon, you keep shoving this words like right and wrong at my face, but i don't think you know the meaning of a very essencial word called "subjective". And subjective is exactly what this words you keep saying are
>>
>>36865203
> doing what's esay because it's easy is weak when it's wrong
It's not wrong. You're not right. There's no right or wrong, simply difference in diet. If vegans would get off their fucking high horses for three-tenths of a second and stop going full Westboro Baptist Church on everyone who ate meat, they might actually get MORE people swapping over, since a ton of people would be put off by people like Freelee proclaiming that all meat-eaters should be killed, and then IN HER APOLOGY video, repeats her statement and claims she said nothing wrong. Those are the people, the YouTube identities, who are your public face.

I have nothing against vegans any more than I have anything against Christians. But keep it to your fucking selves. We get you're a vegan. We know. We fucking know. Because you post ten threads in fifteen minutes blowing your own horn about how amazing and healthy you feel. We just don't care. I could write a billion books, with a billion pages, with a billion words a page, and I would not be able to even begin to express how much we don't care that you're a vegan.

If we feel like it's time for us to change, then we will, with or without you.
>>
>>36865227
Not the guy you're replying to (and I agree with you), but I wish that fucking site had a better food database. The current one is absolutely pathetic so I don't even bother using it. It would be the best site (and practically render MFP obsolete) if it improved there.
>>
>>36865207
LOL, i am the guy who said i would eat a diet entirely consisted of flavored human ration if it were sold in the marked, your vegan friend even said my daily diet is flavorless and dull, and you are saying i am not vegan because of mouth pleasure? kek
>>
>>36865139
Check out 100g of lentils he gave u some bad examples
>>
>>36865213
>Implying it matters
Point to the hordes of people dying because they consume meat?

I see more people negatively affected by vitamin deficiencies because they are vegan/vegetarian than people who have any negative feedback from meat.
>>
>>36865268
sure, now we have the problem of: how can i get the 9 essential amino acids with only 1 veggie?
>>
File: image.png (93KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
93KB, 512x384px
>>36864229
REKT>>36863698
>>
>>36865277

What do you mean?
>>
>>36865270
Google independent studies on meat eaters having heart disease and cancer because of the lolhormonesyougotztoo
>>
>>36865227
thanks anon, i will eat more vegetables(they serve it in the college meal)
>>
>>36865277
>how can i get the 9 essential amino acids with only 1 veggie?
Side of beef anon.
>>
>>36865287

I'd recommend anything over iceberg lettuce if they have it. Broccoli, carrots, collards, or spinach.
>>
>>36865242
lol I didn't make this thread. I wouldn't be this preachy if this thread wasn't here, it just seemed like the best possible place to voice this stuff. Also I literally never use the word vegan IRL. If anyone IRL asks if I eat meat i just tell them not really, and if they ask further I just say 'I don't really eat dairy either'. I'm sorry it bothered you so much man
But also yo I've never heard about that girl in my life, I have no idea who that is. To say that she speaks fo me in any way would be like saying that every muslim is represented by ISIS and that every athiest is represented by some greasy faced autistic fedora wearer
>>
>>36865313
yeah, they always do something different every day, i just don't pick it because i'm a lazy piece of shit *.*
>>
>>36865277
Holy shit it does have all 9 essential aminos a simple google search will tell you but keep eating your eggs mate I really dont want no more (you) from ignorant people like (you)
>>
>>36865286
Have you ever read the rates and requirements on those? It's shit like having to eat 250g processed bacon every morning over your whole life to increase ass cancer percentage by 1%.

I mean, this peer reviewed analysis of 27 studies BTFO vegan positions:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25941850

> the state of the epidemiologic science on red meat consumption and CRC is best described in terms of weak associations, heterogeneity, an inability to disentangle effects from other dietary and lifestyle factors, lack of a clear dose-response effect, and weakening evidence over time. KEY TEACHING POINTS: •The role of red meat consumption in colorectal cancer risk has been widely contested among the scientific community.•In the current meta-analysis of red meat intake and colorectal cancer, we comprehensively examined associations by creating numerous sub-group stratifications, conducting extensive sensitivity analyses, and evaluating dose-response using several different methods.•Overall, all summary associations were weak in magnitude with no clear dose-response patterns.•Interpretation of findings from epidemiologic studies investigating diet and health outcomes involves numerous methodological considerations, such as accurately measuring food intake, dietary pattern differences across populations, food definitions, outcome classifications, bias and confounding, multicollinearity, biological mechanisms, genetic variation in metabolizing enzymes, and differences in analytical metrics and statistical testing parameters.
>>
>>36865317
>To say that she speaks fo me in any way would be like saying that every muslim is represented by ISIS
You know that IS how a lot of the West choose to view Muslims, right?
>>
>>36865336
Yeah, but that doesn't make it less wrong, does it?
>>
>>36865342
Right or wrong is irrelevant, it is what it is.
>>
>>36864191
My gf is vegetarian. She eats different food to me.

That's it, really.
>>
File: welp.jpg (5KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
5KB, 237x213px
>>36865350
>>
>>36865317

How often does someone ask if you eat meat? I don't really think that comes up unless you somehow hint towards being a vegan beforehand...
>>
>>36865317
I wasn't ripping on you in particular, so don't worry. As I said, I have nothing against vegans. If we're eating and they go "I'm a vegan", or "I don't eat meat" and leave it at that, then no worries. Your reasons are your own, and I'm fine with that. But there are also those who think it's their God-given duty to be the Food Police and tell everyone else what they're eating wrong.

Freelee the Banana Girl and DurianRider are two of the biggest vegan personalities on YouTube. Check them out and make up your own mind if you'd like. Freelee seems pretty schizo, swapping from genuinely being friendly and trying to gently encourage people to change, to being a Tumblr-level rage-monster, on a video-by-video basis. It's really odd.

DurianRider just acts like a huge wanker in the majority of his videos, thinks he's emphasising a point by swearing eight times in a sentence and just acts like a holier-than-thou turbocunt where and when possible.

I'm no saying they're not fit, especially compared to me, because they are. But alongside their vegan diets, they also work out like crazy people, which, you know, I think would at least slightly contribute to their health and fitness.
>>
>>36865331

>I mean, this peer reviewed analysis of 27 studies BTFO vegan positions:

>"This manuscript was partially funded by Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA)."

PRO-tip, whenever you see "Alexander DD" in the authors list, it's a paper funded by beef producers. They'll say anything favorable to beef. It's basically an advertisement, not objective science. Every industry does this. Even the tobacco industry did this.
>>
>>36862224
>>mfw bench went from 135 lbs to 225 in a month due to my delicious whole foods plant based vegan diet

this site is 18+ reported for underage.
>>
>>36865331
So desperate he links a shitty abstract that says nothing but "we dont really know but we got money from the meat industry so we will say we dont know but we see no correlations"
>>
>>36865369
If someone is cooking for me or if I'm at a restaurant. That's really it
>>
>>36864158
>better for health

But the oldest living people on earth aren't vegetarians and the countries with the healthiest elderly are mostly filled with meat consumers.

Stating that's the same as paleofags going on and on about omega 3 6 ratios. It's correlated with healthiness but it doesn't seem to really fucking matter
>>
>>36865417

The individual oldest people aren't because they have freak genes (atleast one was even a smoker), but the longest-living population is, the California seventh day adventist vegetarians
>>
>>36865374
>vegan personalities on YouTube
yeah I'll pass lol. I can totally understand why anyone would roll their eyes over me saying it, and I've gotten used to it too
>>
All these responses this is a good sign my fellow vegans
>>
>>36865448
It's not the telling me that you're a vegan that shits me, and indeed most people, off. It's the fact that some vegans can't seem to survive without reminding us every thirty seconds or so. Even if they don't say anything, THE MUST LET US KNOW, like rolling their eyes and sighing if we order something with meat, or complaining about how it stinks of dead animal really loudly, or just anything like that.
>>
>>36865417
The oldest people look like fucking shriveled up worms. Watched this thing on diners drive ins and dives where the big Guy F went to some vegan lace in new orleans and the woman who ran the place, who I swore was 40, dropped the fact that she was turning 70 in 2 months. It was mind blowing. People who eat meat age like milk
>>
File: VRV.jpg (52KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
VRV.jpg
52KB, 500x499px
>>36865473
hell yeah baby
>>
>>36865474
lol you're gonna hate me for this, but the majority of my friends are vegans and they essentially bullied me into it like that
>>
>>36865255
So you say would eat human flesh to try and defend your position and habits interesting youve proven how far down the drain you e gone you are a degenerate and a psychopath I sorry to say
>>
>>36865504
Don't care. Not my problem. If that's what got to into veganism, that's your deal. How you eat is up to you. What the majority of vegans don't get is that what I eat should be up to me.

If you're happy being a vegan, more power to you, dude.

My main point is simply that the majority of vegans think they're some sort of superhuman Gods because they don't eat meat, even though the impact they make on the meat industry and environment is negligible and perhaps in fact counterproductive, as people that might have been considering becoming a vegan see how they act and decide that they don't want to be lumped in with those sorts of people.
>>
>>36865557
>generalizing this hard
Ok bro you got us we are superhuman im sorry we make you feel insecure
>lol it doesnt make a difference why bother
Damn son nice logic
>>
>>36865557
I kinda don't get that. Just because leaving your lights on is negligible in the grand scheme of all the electricity that's used doesn't mean you should leave them on 24/4, or leave water running 24/7, or never recycle or something. A thousand little things is a thousand things, just like how every raindrop is equally responsible for the flood.
Also so what if some vegans are annoying? So are some athiests, and some liberals, and some convservatives, and some moderates. I bet you probably drink beer sometimes, but you probably don't get worried about being clumped in with frat boys, or others who drink. Every one is their own person, for the most part commonalities don't mean much.
>>
>>36865557
You have to look at it from their perspective. To them, factory farming is on par with the Holocaust or like Slavery. So of course they're going to protest it at every chance they get, it's a huge injustice to them.

That's why they have such a hard time with "just let me do what I want to do". Apathy doesn't promote change in the world.
>>
>>36865589
I said most people think that because the people who are your public identities are, by and large, absolutely fucking insane. I never said there weren't good ones among you.

>>36865650
Why are you comparing leaving lights or water running 24/7 or never recycling to eating meat every now and then? I don't eat meat 24/7, the same way I don't leave my lights on 24/7.
As for the second point, I get what you're saying and *I fucking know* there are normal people among you who are just normal people who don't eat meat. I know. I fucking know. I fucking get it. I've know several vegans, and they're fine. But by and large, society sees vegans as weedy, annoying shitheads who can't shut the fuck up. No, it's not great, but it's how you're seen, because as with most things, the loud voices of the few take precedence over the quiet voices of the many.

I don't worry about being clumped in with frat boys, because I'm Australian, which means I'm already my own drinking stereotype. I have the odd beer every now and then, but I don't proudly tell people how I don't drink X alcohol or remind people how superior I am because I drink beer.
In case you missed it before - I fucking know you're not all crazy turboautists who want all meat eaters to be killed. I fucking get it. Almost all omnivores get it. Personally, I think it's a shame that the vocal ones among you are also the most crazy.
>>
Anyone got a story about why or how they turned vegan ill share mine
>be me
>do kito to cut
>lose weight but cant shit and have bad acne
>do a cleanse
>this aint so bad
>eat veges and fruits and oats
>gain all the weight back
>oh well I feel great
>go back to regular diet
>cut out pork cause pork have the same cognitive abillities as a 3 yr old child
>read into vegetarianism
>bad acne still shitty skin
>decide to go vegetarian
>eating cheese still and drinking milk and sometimes fish
>feel bloated and groggy
>at that time I thought that was normal
>couple months pass
>watch cowspiracy
>they bring up some good points
>decide if I want to be the best version of myself the only logical step forward was to go vegan
>now vegan I have great skin
> feeling stronger more energy and more alive
>boost in confidence cause it plays a bit into your ego but deep down im alot happier
>Feelsgoodman.jpg
Whats your story anon
>>
>>36865735

>walking down the street
>someone yells "hey asshole! go vegan!"
>I say back "fuck you"
>next day I'm vegan
>been for a year so far
>>
>>36865589
>Ok bro you got us we are superhuman im sorry we make you feel insecure
i'm not him, but are you seriously denying that a great number of vegans are insufferable arseholes?
no one else feels the need to rub their diet in your face as much as vegans tend to do. not even the fucking muslims, they rub everything in people's faces, and even they don't have the nerve to lecture people about halal and shit. they just get on with it, as you should
>>
>>36865723
You shouldnt care about what other people are doing so much as to what makes the most sense to you being vegan made the most sense to me
>>
>>36865774
Dude that's kind of what I'm (poorly) trying to get across. The problem is that 'what other people are doing' is 'incessently hounding, bugging and annoying meat eaters because they think "if I piss them off enough, they'll listen to me and change their lifestyle!"'.

I care what other people are doing when what they're doing is annoying the shit out of me.
>>
>>36865735
Here's mine

>watching YouTube
>come across VeganGainz
>"what the fuck vegans are insane"
>watch a few more of his videos
>"huh, he actually makes some good points "
>think about going vegan over the next couple months but never really do it
>watch more vegan YouTubers
>watch recommended documentaries like Cowspiracy, Forks over Knives, etc
>go vegan after that

Just do your research anons
>>
>>36865771
Im not denying anything sure there are bad/stupid but I dont say hey that person is an asshole and hes vegan damn that means all vegans are assholes and if I go vegan im gonna be an asshole too fuck veganism I dont want to be confused for an asshole see idc if peole think im an asshole cause of my diet I dont preach this shit in real life its pointless but I feel like here I can present good reason for it and maybe just maybe get someone to do whats right for them even if it is still eating meat atleast I gave you something to think about
>>
>>36865802
>Just do your research anons

Watching shitty, biased documentaries is not "research," anons.
>>
>>36865848
I meant research in addition to that. Obviously they're biased, but they're a good start to get you thinking
>>
>>36862224
Isn't this the guy that has been liftan for 8 years and only has a 1rm squat of 250 or something?
>>
>>36865787

>The problem is that 'what other people are doing' is 'incessently hounding, bugging and annoying meat eaters because they think "if I piss them off enough, they'll listen to me and change their lifestyle!"'.

To be fair, it's not like you're likely to suddenly come to the conclusion that you should eat a vegan diet when you've got no exposure to vegan diets or people arguing for eating vegan. Most of those guys hounding meat eaters used to be meat eaters. They changed their minds and are trying to get other people to do what they did because they believe it's a good thing that people should strive to do for several reasons. It sounds like you find it annoying because you've already decided you won't ever eat a vegan diet. If that's the case, annoying you doesn't matter to them, it's not like they're missing an opportunity with you. It's worth it to them to keep talking about it for anyone else who might listen and have an open mind to what they're saying.
>>
>>36865934
> I am annoying this person
> oh, there is no chance of him changing his mind
> I must keep annoying this person
But why though. If you mention it, and people are interested, they will ask. "Oh, you're vegan? How's that going? What do you generally eat? How does it make you feel?"

People show an interest when they're actually interested.
>>
went vegan in October 2015

lost body fat, increased strength, feel better in general

feelsgoodman
>>
>>36863170
You're not /fit/. Men are /fit/.
>>
>>36865977

>But why though

Because there's no reason not to. Either you'll eventually be interested and start paying attention to what they're saying, or you won't and they'll just have you angry at them which is no big deal if you weren't going to listen to them anyway, and they'll have put veganism in the public conscious even if it didn't personally captivate you. Atleast by talking about it all the time and everywhere, they've put it out there rather than having it kept out of sight/mind to where nobody would ever think about it. And, of course, plenty of those vegans had the same initial reaction of being annoyed and defensive. Here's a cool video about that by Jon Venus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkOSwH2tyZQ (Why a vegan hater turned into a vegan bodybuilder)
>>
>>36866046
> they'll just have you angry at them which is no big deal if you weren't going to listen to them anyway
Until they do it to a guy who has had enough of their shit and drops them. Which here in Australia, is actually pretty likely, now that I think of it. People get king hit for less. Funnily enough, get hounded constantly and being made to feel like you're less of a person because of the fucking food you eat might piss someone off.
>>
File: 1410663015685.gif (3MB, 266x200px) Image search: [Google]
1410663015685.gif
3MB, 266x200px
>>36866084

Gotta wartch out for those straiyans. Crazy cunts, ay

Speaking of Australia, I thought this video was funny https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjwvo68xm2c
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.