[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of running? I'm just getting into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Giraffe.gif (36KB, 280x500px) Image search: [Google]
Giraffe.gif
36KB, 280x500px
What do you guys think of running? I'm just getting into /fit/ and want to get toned and cut the fat before I try bulking. I'm super out of shape and skinny-fat.

> 6'6", 200lbs
>>
Goodbye gains
>>
>>36860824
I ran 3 miles today. Im hoping to increase by a mile each week
>>
Swimming will burn more calories with less time devoted.
>>
Lift AND do cardio on the same day or alternating days

Shred city
>>
Literally anything else is better than running. Stick to the stairmaster, biking, or swimming. Don't do the elliptical unless you want to be a faggot
>>
>>36860850
Swimming is a pain in the ass. I tried swimming once at my uni gym and I just felt like a total spaz doing it despite my athletic experience.
>>
>>36860865
Why is elliptical for fags?
>>
Stationary bike at your local gym that you should also lift at. 30-45 minutes lifting then bike sprint intervals. Alternatively, do a minute at your maximum on an empty stomach but don't lift in the same session.
>>
>>36860873
Same, which is why I love it. I found something that kicks my ass. Running is fucking boring.

Another suggestion: hiking in the mountains. Now that's a great calorie burn if you have the time for it and obviously, live in an area with mountains.
>>
I started running 2 months ago. I generally go to a trail innawoods. I've always avoided running before, but now that I do it I like it the best. I find it to be the most useful form of cardio, actually being able to move my ass from some place to another, but I guess just do whatever you like. Mountain biking is fun to, basically anything in the woods.
>>
Dude listen to me. I was in the same exact spot you were. Overweight and sick of having that gut and man boobs. So I ate at a huge calorie deficit and run like a mad man. Lost a lot of weight, got a lot smaller. And felt great about myself.

But still had all that fat. Less of it. But still in similar proportions. People were telling me I was going to get too skinny. And they were right, I was getting too skinny. But I still had a gut and thought I had to lose another 20lbs.

Then I learned what being skinny fat was. And how what I had just done, the diet, the exercise, was perfectly designed to make me skinny fat.

Here's my advice, start lifting now. Do some cardio after your workouts. And eat 1g of protein per pound of body weight. You'll keep all your muscle, probably even put some on. And lose fat. Don't make the same mistake as me. Lift heavy when your at your heaviest.
>>
>>36861069
If you don't, just move a mountain closer to you.
>>
>>36861208
words to live by
>>
>>36860821
rowing machine
but you really should be able to run a few miles at the least if you wanna be /fit/
>>
>>36860821
>>36861208
This OP, this man has sage advice. I was in almost the exact same position as that faggot, 6'5" and 210 pounds.
Barely ate one summer and went down to 180, lost a lot of fat but the proportions were still there and people said I was losing too much weight.
Now this is not to say I have remedied it since then anon, but exercise is needed to not be a fat sack.
>>
I fucking hate it but I really should be doing it

Or at least some form of cardio. But fuck cardio sucks so hard
>>
>>36860990
It's less efficient than running, plus it makes you look like a middle aged woman
>>
>>36861637
>But fuck cardio sucks so hard
gotta find a type you like mang
Though running is way more fun if you do it with other people
>>
>>36860873
>I tried swimming once
>felt like a total spaz

so you were bad at something the first time you tried it so will never do it again
>>
>>36860821
>What do you guys think of running?
Running is great if you do it to supplement cardio, or to race.

Otherwise, 99% of people think "running is gay" because it is hard and they are lazy AF.
>>
File: 1459834162116.png (22KB, 284x199px) Image search: [Google]
1459834162116.png
22KB, 284x199px
>>36861208
>1g of protein per pound of bodyweight

Holy shit nigger I was at my peak at 150lbs and you want me to eat past 100g of protein?

I never tried since I was scared of what might happen
>>
>>36863353

Unless you're 60 and have a heart condition the scariest thing that will happen to you when you eat that much is shitting 2-3x a day
>>
>>36860824
l2eat
>>
File: 1460602624310.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1460602624310.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>36863425
Nice to know, I'm a skinnyfag who is struggling with diet atm due to work

Is it okay if I eat oatmeal other times than the morning? I know I know

>carbs
>cutting

But really I only got oatmeal,water, nuts, baby carrots to eat on my own if I don't go to the dinning facility that's 3 miles away from the barracks
>>
>>36862297
>so you were bad at something the first time you tried it so will never do it again

This is 100% me. It's honestly infuriating. If I can't utterly dominate at something right away, I can't keep doing it. It's not just embarrassment, I go full on panic attack. The dusty guitar at the back of my closet will attest.
>>
>>36861015
how long should I do bike sprint intervals?
>>
File: bay.jpg (101KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bay.jpg
101KB, 640x640px
>>36863487

Just focus on the big picture m8. If you average your macro intake throughout the week and come up with a deficit you're going to make a progress with your cut no matter how you time your meals (assuming you're getting enough sleep and manage your stress well). Just make sure you eat properly to get enough energy for your workouts, you'll be fine.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.