[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /fit/, here's how I survive without a gym and its pulleys,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot at 21-06-18.png (646KB, 560x752px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot at 21-06-18.png
646KB, 560x752px
So /fit/, here's how I survive without a gym and its pulleys, isolation machines, etc.

First of all, my equipment is:
-A bench with two thinguies to do dips
-I can dismount it easily so I can use the bench as a squat rack, pic related. When I'm under it my quads are parallel to the ground.
-A barbell.
-Three dumbells
-Sowm pl8s
-A pullup bar

I've been doing a torso-legs routine for a year now, ~4/5 days a week.

On torso day I do: bench press, pullups/chinups, over the head press, flys, rows, dips, bicep curls, lateral raise and front raise.

On legs day I do: deadlift, hip thrust, squat, different abs exercises and calf raises with the barbell on my back.

I gained 11kg within a year, went from 67kg 185cm to 78kg, pretty lean tho, I still see the same definition.
>>
No questions? No one wants to share an opinion on working out at home?
>>
File: henry-rollins-01.jpg (19KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
henry-rollins-01.jpg
19KB, 400x290px
I do it too op , I use my bench to hold the bar so I can squat and for dips I use 2 chairs Im able to do SL+dips chinups and abs at home after work
>>
File: 23432q5423q.jpg (55KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
23432q5423q.jpg
55KB, 600x800px
>>36857418
>>
>>36857293

Good job sherlock, you solved the mistery that has been solved ever since the start of the 20th century
>>
>over the head press

you mean the press?
>>
>>36857293
I got that bench.. Except mine has a bench where's your at? I never considered squatting like that with it.. Nice! What are the best exercises I can do?
>>
>>36857704
I state it in the post, I dismount it and put it away when I want to squat. I replaced the bolts with a steel bar to take it out easily when needed.
>>
>>36857293
What do you do when you fail a squat?
>>
>>36857762
Die.
>>
Yeah, I got a home gym set up in the shed. Got a power cage with a pullup bar, bench, bar, and 235 kg worth of plates for that I think, plus a pair of farmer's walk handles, an EZ bar, and a set of powerblocks. Made me a wrist roller and a long loadable dumbbell for Kroc rows, got like 90 kilos of plates for that.
Plus some extra gear (wraps, straps, Slingshot, resistance bands, gymnastic rings) I've gotten mainly for the fuck of it. Laid down some heavy mats (30 mm thick, they are) to protect the concrete floor, works fine.

It's alright if your routine calls for free weights and bodyweight, but I sometimes find I miss cables, treadmills and Smith machines. And heating in the winter.
>>
>>36857293
Holy shit dude you mean you can actually get gains without going to a crossfit class?!?!? Crossfit with machines on the side is a way more isometrically efficient way to get fully body functional fitness gains anyways. Crossfit with smith machines will get you way more toned, you won't look like a bulky meat head.
>>
>>36857762
I don't. I can perfectly know when I won't stand another rep, but when my father is around I can safely try to squeeze that las rep as he'll take the bar off if needed.

>>36858165
Very nice setup, looks VERY expensive. I understand your wish for cables, but what do you need smith machines for? Not even gymcels use them once they discover free weights. Treadmills, meh, you can always go out and run in the park.
>>
>>36858655
>looks expensive
I've built it up over time, so the biggest single cost was the power cage and the first 140 kilos of weights. I've since replaced the cheap bar with a Matt Chan bar and gotten more plates, and the rest just kind seeped in over time.
>Smith machine
It might just be personal preference, but if I have a bit left in the tank, I like to go to utter exhaustion on a Smith rather than in a power cage, even if I have safety arms. Just a bit of personal preference and one of those things you think "it'd be nice to have if I had the money and room to spare". I'd defo have gotten some cables if I had the room for them, but I gotta store the wood somewhere too.
>Run in the park
Yeah, that's not too bad in summer, but I get a discounted (thanks based gym manager) membership at the local gym so I can run a little when the winter sets in. I figure it's not that bad to save myself from slipping on some ice or getting soaked as fuck when I'm on longer runs because of snow getting into my shoes.
>>
>>36858928
>snow getting into my shoes

It's nece to live in a hot place like I do, in winter temperatures rarely drops below +5 ÂșC
>>
nice*
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.